My R4

red_leader1138

Thank you. :)

I would get the H220 over the H100i. It performs better, and you can adjust the pump speed of the H220. I have mine at 1600 rpm and I can't hear it.  

Thanks!

Very beautiful build! Can You tell what headphones are behind PC on second photo? Looking for headphones now, and those look great!

Very beautiful build! Can You tell what headphones are behind PC on second photo? Looking for headphones now, and those look great!

Denon D2000. :) 

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Core i7-3820 | Gigabyte X79-UP4 | Swiftech H220 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTX 780 SC | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB | 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 | Corsair AX750

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12550-my-r4/'>My R4

THIS by far has to be the most beautiful build i have seen yet! its so simple but yet so powerful its like the fresh cold snow on the tree branches on a gray winter day. its beautiful but very cold.  

Just curious... How long you needed for the two sata cable from the 5.25 bay?

Awesome build, I love the color sceme!

Current Rig: | Define R4 | i5 2500k | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 2133mhz | GTX 970 SSC | 4TB WD Black |

1TB WD Black | Seasonic X750 | 1440p |

Nice paint job too! Mind telling us the brand/type of paint you used?

Current Rig: | Define R4 | i5 2500k | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 2133mhz | GTX 970 SSC | 4TB WD Black |

1TB WD Black | Seasonic X750 | 1440p |

THIS by far has to be the most beautiful build i have seen yet! its so simple but yet so powerful its like the fresh cold snow on the tree branches on a gray winter day. its beautiful but very cold.  

Awesome build, I love the color sceme!

Thanks! :)

Nice paint job too! Mind telling us the brand/type of paint you used?

I believe I used Krylon. 

Just curious... How long you needed for the two sata cable from the 5.25 bay?

About 20 inches.

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Core i7-3820 | Gigabyte X79-UP4 | Swiftech H220 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTX 780 SC | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB | 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 | Corsair AX750

what is that fan connector thing in the back?

what is that fan connector thing in the back?

It's a splitter, it comes with the H220 but you can buy it separately http://www.swiftech.com/8-WayPWMsplitter.aspx'>here.

I'm so disappointed!!! I am putting together a build very similar to this color scheme and hardware. I have never seen one with the black gray/silver. Seems you beat me to it but im still going for it. I think I'll add some white though after seeing yours to give mine its own unique touch. Not that your's isn't great, because it is. I guess i'm just jealous that you already got yours built. 

quick question where do you have the sseagate baracuda hdds mounted and do you mind taking a picture of where you mounted them for me.

Awesome build. Mind if i steal this as inspiration for my own?

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I like the very well black color scheme. And its very clean....Great job!

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I'm so disappointed!!! I am putting together a build very similar to this color scheme and hardware. I have never seen one with the black gray/silver. Seems you beat me to it but im still going for it. I think I'll add some white though after seeing yours to give mine its own unique touch. Not that your's isn't great, because it is. I guess i'm just jealous that you already got yours built. 

I like the very well black color scheme. And its very clean....Great job!

Awesome build. Mind if i steal this as inspiration for my own?

Thank you, no go ahead. :)

quick question where do you have the sseagate baracuda hdds mounted and do you mind taking a picture of where you mounted them for me.

They are in my 5.25" bays. Check the second page for a picture.

I just recalled something. You can screw out the top hdd cage rails. Will give it that extra bit of cleaner look.

farrkkk That keyboard SOOO SEXY!

And really good job with the photos man, We quality logs like this are way more enjoyable to view 

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

You've got a sweet setup! Nice job on tucking those HDDs away too :D

I've got one question though, how did you manage to fit the radiator up top on your R4? The 8-pin connector is blocking me from mounting the rad on my R4 so I'm thinking about just returning it and settling for an H80i.

I've got one question though, how did you manage to fit the radiator up top on your R4? The 8-pin connector is blocking me from mounting the rad on my R4 so I'm thinking about just returning it and settling for an H80i.

Fractal did an awful mistake when not designing the top bit like on the Arc. Basically they didn't "plan" this case for water cooling, which is an incredibly stupid and silly decision. However, it can be fitted with a top 240, only it depends on what board you have. When you buy this case, you should also get a board that is known to work with it in terms of water cooling such as top 240.

I think that in the R5, which Fractal will most likely put out later this year or 2014. We will finally see a true water cooling design on the Define. I wish they were smarter to not screw things up on the R4.

you powder coated it all to match?

Anything built with screws is meant to be disassembled.

Fractal did an awful mistake when not designing the top bit like on the Arc. Basically they didn't "plan" this case for water cooling, which is an incredibly stupid and silly decision. However, it can be fitted with a top 240, only it depends on what board you have. When you buy this case, you should also get a board that is known to work with it in terms of water cooling such as top 240.

I think that in the R5, which Fractal will most likely put out later this year or 2014. We will finally see a true water cooling design on the Define. I wish they were smarter to not screw things up on the R4.

Mmm I ran into issues. With a thin 240 and GTs. A z77 sabertooth and dominator platinums it wasn't even close to fitting. I just extended the fan grill section closer to the side panel edge to make it fit.

I just recalled something. You can screw out the top hdd cage rails. Will give it that extra bit of cleaner look.

Someone else mentioned this as well, I am going to pull it off next time I remove the drives to dust. 

farrkkk That keyboard SOOO SEXY!

And really good job with the photos man, We quality logs like this are way more enjoyable to view 

Like adi518 said, I used the offset mounting holes. Still might have to force it a bit until you get the screw in. 

you powder coated it all to match?

Just spray paint. :)

Super tidy build well done. As a fellow R4 owner I'm completely jealous. If only I could sleeve...

Thanks. :) Sleeving can be intimidating at first but once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad.