My R4

red_leader1138

Very nice, Very clean! :D

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Very nice, Very clean! :D

Thanks, man. :)

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Core i7-3820 | Gigabyte X79-UP4 | Swiftech H220 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTX 780 SC | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB | 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 | Corsair AX750

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12550-my-r4/'>My R4

Uplode more Pictures men! 

The build is FANTASTIC!

“Strength does not come from winning. your struggles develop your strengths. 

When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength” 

Case: Corsair Obsidian 400R , CPU : Intel Core i7-3770K , Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance , Cpu Cooler : CoolerMaster Seidon 120M , RAM : Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GB , Hard Drive : Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB , Monitor : Dell UltraSharp U2312HM , GPU : ASUS GTX 670 DIRECT CU II

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a build log, but I thought I'd share anyway.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4

Memory: 2x G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866

SSD: Crucial M4 128GB

Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Graphics card: EVGA GTX 780 SC

Case: Fractal Design Define R4

Fans: 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15

Power Supply: Corsair AX750

Monitor: Asus PB278Q

What keyboard is that? :)

Specs: CPU: i5 3570k @4.5Ghz CPUcooler: Corsair H80 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1833Mhz MOBO: MSI Z77A-GD65 GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 670 PE OC PSU: Corsair TX850 FANS: 5x Noctua NF-F12 CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed with Adjust 108 Fan Controller

My next build is going to be a black, grey and grey blue build. The motherboard is the same I am gettings. The Corsair 540 though is the case I may get. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I am doing a similar build in a carbide air 540 or a define r4, haven't made up my mind.

WOW, this build is amazing great color coordination and cable management this is one of the cleanest builds Ive seen in a while. Great Job ! !

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

How did you fit your hard drives into your 5.25 inch bays? Using an adaptor? 

Also, I noticed that you repainted the PCI brackets in your case. I'm guessing you stripped the paint off of them and resprayed? If so, what kind of paint did you use? I want to do the same thing with my Arc Midi R2.

Awesome build by the way :D

Wasn't this on PCP?

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

• 2 weeks later...

Uplode more Pictures men! 

The build is FANTASTIC!

very clean.

WOW, this build is amazing great color coordination and cable management this is one of the cleanest builds Ive seen in a while. Great Job ! !

Thank you! :)

How did you fit your hard drives into your 5.25 inch bays? Using an adaptor? 

Also, I noticed that you repainted the PCI brackets in your case. I'm guessing you stripped the paint off of them and resprayed? If so, what kind of paint did you use? I want to do the same thing with my Arc Midi R2.

Awesome build by the way :D

Yes I used an adapter, I linked to it earlier in the thread.  I just sanded and sprayed the PCI brackets, I'm not sure what paint I used. 

Thank you. :)

Wasn't this on PCP?

What is PCP?

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Core i7-3820 | Gigabyte X79-UP4 | Swiftech H220 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTX 780 SC | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB | 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 | Corsair AX750

Yes I used an adapter, I linked to it earlier in the thread.  I just sanded and sprayed the PCI brackets, I'm not sure what paint I used. 

What is PCP?

What is PCP?

PCPartPicker(I know didn't abbreviate right earlier)

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I like that a lot! I've got OCD when it comes to cables in a PC, even with my old one with no window on it, I preferred it if the air could get through nicely! 

Intel Core I5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, AMD Radeon HD6950, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard, 8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM, Corsair H100, 60GB Agility3 OS drive + 1TB WD Blue drive. 

I use this rig mainly for facebook and emails. Pointless effort to be honest!

Super clean, I like this one alot.
My own Fractal Design Define Mini looks almost exactly the same, but without watercooling and sleeved cables.
I think if all drive bays are removed computer case will always look much much better.

• 4 weeks later...

They are in my 5.25" bays.

Did you make a custom bracket or did you buy one? What fan header connector do you have in the back? Please link the products if you can! :D

Love the clean look and the grey black color! nice job!

I like that a lot! I've got OCD when it comes to cables in a PC, even with my old one with no window on it, I preferred it if the air could get through nicely! 

Super clean, I like this one alot.

My own Fractal Design Define Mini looks almost exactly the same, but without watercooling and sleeved cables.

I think if all drive bays are removed computer case will always look much much better.

Love the clean look and the grey black color! nice job!

Thanks you! :)

Did you make a custom bracket or did you buy one? What fan header connector do you have in the back? Please link the products if you can! :D

I got the brackets for the 5.25" bays http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817997040'>here. The fan splitter comes with the H220 but you can buy it separately from http://www.swiftech.com/8-WayPWMsplitter.aspx'>Swiftech. Looks like it is out of the stock at the moment.

Edit: Links weren't showing up, here they are. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817997040   http://www.swiftech.com/8-WayPWMsplitter.aspx

Saw this on the latest video and I had to find the thread. That is beautiful! 

Dam that's sexy.

Saw this on the latest video and I had to find the thread. That is beautiful! 

• 2 weeks later...

Would you mind posting a couple of more pictures of the hard drive bays and how you wired it? Also, nice build, this build is the main reason i want to get that case although it not going to look nearly as clean as that!!

@ wobba - Go look at the fourth picture on page one aswell as the first picture on page two in this thread.

Fractal Design Define R5 White/Window / Intel 4790K / EVGA Z97 FTW / EVGA G2 750W / Sapphire R9 390 Nitro  / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB / Corsair Force Series GT 240GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB - HGST Ultrastar  4TB / 32GB Kingston HyperX Savage 2600Mhz DDR3 / Cryorig H7 Lumi Edt. /

Damn the first picture is really purdy, I happen to have almost all the same bits and pieces but my GPU is an ugly 780 with gigabyte cooler =(

Really good job everything looks awesome.

I think its time to order some sleeving and some paint for the IO slots I might go red since my mb is an asus red/black one, even my fans are the same =D

Damn the first picture is really purdy, I happen to have almost all the same bits and pieces but my GPU is an ugly 780 with gigabyte cooler =(

Really good job everything looks awesome.

I think its time to order some sleeving and some paint for the IO slots I might go red since my mb is an asus red/black one, even my fans are the same =D

Thanks. :) Post your build if you do!

If anyone try to build it.. I'll suggest them to save couple of extra dollars to get I7-4930K; GTX 780Ti; GTX TITAN / GTX TITAN 2/Ti ( Not announced yet ) / GTX 880 ( No news on it but surely NVIDIA will step up infront of AMD in couple of months ;) ) And get two Samsung EVO drives in Raid 0. It's only 400$ and the performance.. Oh forgot to mention the Swiftech H320 Liquid cooler :) Hope you find it helpful