My R4

red_leader1138

Thank you, it's mdpc. 

How long did it take you to sleeve the whole thing ? And I hear once you buy some sleeve from them you get a nice guide of how to do it since I havent sleeved anything before, Im about to order some black/red mdpc sleeve aswell  :)

How long did it take you to sleeve the whole thing ? And I hear once you buy some sleeve from them you get a nice guide of how to do it since I havent sleeved anything before, Im about to order some black/red mdpc sleeve aswell  :)

I did it over the course of a week. You should check out lutro customs videos, they are really helpful.

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Core i7-3820 | Gigabyte X79-UP4 | Swiftech H220 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTX 780 SC | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB | 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 | Corsair AX750

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12550-my-r4/'>My R4

Literally my favorite. I wish I had dis

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

*Drools* Amazing build Bravo!

Thanks you! :)

I got the brackets for the 5.25" bays here. The fan splitter comes with the H220 but you can buy it separately from Swiftech. Looks like it is out of the stock at the moment.

Edit: Links weren't showing up, here they are. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817997040   http://www.swiftech.com/8-WayPWMsplitter.aspx

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Literally my favorite. I wish I had dis

amazing cable  management wish i had the  patience :P

*Drools* Amazing build Bravo!

that looks nice 

Thanks. :D

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Core i7-3820 | Gigabyte X79-UP4 | Swiftech H220 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTX 780 SC | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB | 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 | Corsair AX750

This is friggin awesome. Wow.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Not really a build log, but I thought I'd share anyway.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4

Memory: 2x G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866

SSD: Crucial M4 128GB

Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Graphics card: EVGA GTX 780 SC

Case: Fractal Design Define R4

Fans: 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15

Power Supply: Corsair AX750

Monitor: Asus PB278Q

sR70auF.jpg

5pXwc13.jpg

rsnQR9o.jpg

gKQA8Ub.jpg

nyOobOK.jpg

That rig is sexy man! mines not neeeaaaarrrrllyyy that sexy.  I should do some modding and make mine really sexy.  Tis hard to do with a cm storm enforcer :(

This is friggin awesome. Wow.

That rig is sexy man! mines not neeeaaaarrrrllyyy that sexy.  I should do some modding and make mine really sexy.  Tis hard to do with a cm storm enforcer :(

Thanks. :)

@red_leader1138 I'll be finishing my system soon, thanks for the inspiration. I went super simplistic except I'm expanding my H220 to include my gpu and an alpha cool monsta rad to fill up the empty front. You still have the prestige of 2011 and a 780 over me though.

One of those builds that stands out and remains in your head for a while ! Good job on this and also lots of inspiration here :).

i5 4440 || Prolimatech Lynx w/ Noiseblocker BlacksilentPRO PL-PS || GA-Z87MX-D3H || 16GB HyperX Red & Savage || Asus GTX 970 Turbo OC @ 1403/7600 || 840 & WD 1TB Blue || Samson SR850 & Samson SR950 & ATH-M50 Red & Cloud II + Fiio e7 + Xonar U7 || Razer Tournament Edition 2014 & Kana v2 || Seasonic G 450 >> Nanoxia DS4

have to say very nice but i have to ask where did you hide the hdd's i can't see them 

have to say very nice but i have to ask where did you hide the hdd's i can't see them

They're in the 5.25" bays with Rosewill adaptors.

Probably the best gray and black build i have ever seen.

Any tips on mine? Gray and black build also.

Would like your advise seeing as you did my favorite build ever.

I'm doing a custom loop :P

They're in the 5.25" bays with Rosewill adaptors.

hmm thanks might copy you on my next build 

• 1 month later...

I did it over the course of a week. You should check out lutro customs videos, they are really helpful.

I've read the entire thread so I'll try to ask something that hasn't been asked 10 times already.  :)

I'm going to look at some of those videos, but did you create custom length cables from scratch?  In my R4 build, I hate to take the backside cover off because it's so difficult to get back on.  The case really doesn't leave enough room to accommodate those pesky molex and sata cables that are so bulky.  I don't see those bulky cables in your cable management.  Can you expand a bit on what you did here?

Also, did you remove unused cables or are they hidden in there somewhere?  I'd really like to undertake this project while I'm off for the holidays but I'd like to get as much info as possible.  Thanks.

Great build!

How did you remove your PSU stickers so cleanly?

Great build!

How did you remove your PSU stickers so cleanly?

Any sticker can be removed cleanly.  Take as much off as you can with your fingers, and then whatever glue/paper is left can be removed with a solvent. A little rubbing alcohol on a paper towel works well.

Not really a build log, but I thought I'd share anyway.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4

Memory: 2x G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866

SSD: Crucial M4 128GB

Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Graphics card: EVGA GTX 780 SC

Case: Fractal Design Define R4

Fans: 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15

Power Supply: Corsair AX750

Monitor: Asus PB278Q

sR70auF.jpg

5pXwc13.jpg

rsnQR9o.jpg

gKQA8Ub.jpg

nyOobOK.jpg

Man this is such a good looking build. Did you have to shorten the tubing on your H220? Iam considering getting the CM Glacer 240L for my R4 but the tubing looks like it's longer.

Any sticker can be removed cleanly.  Take as much off as you can with your fingers, and then whatever glue/paper is left can be removed with a solvent. A little rubbing alcohol on a paper towel works well.

Well, yeah...I probably should have phrased my question differently.

How cleanly did the stickers come off of the PSU?  I have custom printed vinyl decals for the sides of my AX 860 but would like to remove the top sticker if it will come off as cleanly as it looks in this picture with minimal residue/follow-up.

How cleanly did the stickers come off of the PSU?  I have custom printed vinyl decals for the sides of my AX 860 but would like to remove the top sticker if it will come off as cleanly as it looks in this picture with minimal residue/follow-up.

use goo gone

It should come off rather cleanly because the sticker is pretty high quality. The best way to tackle stickers, is first trying to remove as much of it as you can, then use a masking tape or pieces of the sticker itself to remove leftovers. It works by attaching the tape/sticker on the leftovers and then pulling quickly. The sticker adhesive is strong enough to get the leftovers cleanly from the surface. Few minutes of doing that and you'll probably not need to use solvents.

PS, when you're pulling a sticker out, do it SLOWLY.