What should I build

hey all,

I need help, ive been a video editor for like 10 years, and I happily find myself being sponsored soon to build for work a PC for work. I've been using and i7 imac fully loaded but its not up to standards anymore. I need to build a pc that can,

-edit 3-4 4k videos at once,

-while streaming to youtube live

-having youtube open downloaded videos or storyboards open and downloading content all at once,

I currently do this on 2 devices which is a pain and as I said before I can finally build a device no budget.

problem i've been apple user for years and so need some help when it comes to what I will need, i want it to be seamless and cover my work for years and years. I want it to be able to do these things without breaking a sweat, OVERKILL time please.

Ive already chosen the odyssey g9 as a display to have all the screens I need opened at once, but I may be wrong.........

please help guys, give me a list of each hardware I need to buy....

thanks

Do you have a set budget for the system?

Have you made sure that all the software you need for video editing is also available on Windows?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

6 minutes ago, Video Editor 2020 said:

64Gb ram at 4000

I believe threadripper has the same memory intricacies as ryzen, so you'd want to run at 3600mhz for optimal performace

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

perhaps some radeon vii's in crossfire, if that scales well for your workload. new gpus are coming in a month or two which would be a decent jump from current tech, if you can postpone the build or at the very least the gpu purchase

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

16 minutes ago, Video Editor 2020 said:

hey all,

I need help, ive been a video editor for like 10 years, and I happily find myself being sponsored soon to build for work a PC for work. I've been using and i7 imac fully loaded but its not up to standards anymore. I need to build a pc that can,

-edit 3-4 4k videos at once,

-while streaming to youtube live

-having youtube open downloaded videos or storyboards open and downloading content all at once,

I currently do this on 2 devices which is a pain and as I said before I can finally build a device no budget.

problem i've been apple user for years and so need some help when it comes to what I will need, i want it to be seamless and cover my work for years and years. I want it to be able to do these things without breaking a sweat, OVERKILL time please.

Ive already chosen the odyssey g9 as a display to have all the screens I need opened at once, but I may be wrong.........

thanks

How no budget? Like over 10K? Over 20k?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

How no budget? Like over 10K? Over 20k?

He apparently doesn’t have one so go all thread ripper and titan rtx in multiple :D 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

He apparently doesn’t have one so go all thread ripper and titan rtx in multiple :D 

Already working on it

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Video Editor 2020 said:

yes adobe and regarding budget no I can get best of the best

Assuming you don't plan on spending $10k:

Going by PugetSystems' testing, the 2060 Super really isn't too far off even the 2080Ti when it comes to Premiere, so spending triple the amount for a marginal performance improvement probably isn't really worth it.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

you will need a big PSU
and a M.2/ SSD/ HDD like: 1*Samsung EVE 970 1 TB/ 500 MB and that will affect your editing speed
                                            1*HDD (8-10TB) to save files: like a seagate ironwolf/baracuda (on that i don't remember the format that you will need)
now if you are editing from RAW of a camera, you most probably know how big those files are
And a VA panel is an intresting choise for video editing. Most people prefer an IPS 4K if posible, HDR if possible
If you are also planning to use thunderbolt for external disks or anything, you have to search if your motherboard supports it, otherwise you will need a PCIE card for that

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Going by Puget System's testing, the 2060 Super really isn't too far off even the 2080Ti when it comes to Premiere, so spending triple the amount for a marginal performance improvement probably isn't really worth it.

I mean OP is probably not going to upgrade anytime soon so going 2080ti is not a bad idea.

32 minutes ago, Video Editor 2020 said:

if you can wait wait for ZEN 3 and Nvidia Ampere

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

dude I dont get all that, I need a list like the person above did

tell me what I need

1 minute ago, Video Editor 2020 said:

dude I dont get all that, I need a list like the person above did

tell me what I need

Basically new CPU's and GPU's are coming out in a few months and will give a decent performance improvement over current stuff.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

2 minutes ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

I mean OP is probably not going to upgrade anytime soon so going 2080ti is not a bad idea.

Unless you can predict the future and are sure that future updates will make Premiere actually take advantage of all of the 2080Ti's power, then yeah, I don't see the point. If you can afford something that doesn't mean you should necessarily buy it.

3 minutes ago, Video Editor 2020 said:

pic_disp.jpg.9595cb95ea5eb1fdd59fa5cdaa7b01f2.jpg

but I will bne streaming as well, in 1080 or 4k if possible

will 2080ti not be needed for that as well?

9 minutes ago, Video Editor 2020 said:

but I will bne streaming as well, in 1080 or 4k if possible

will 2080ti not be needed for that as well?

The hardware encoder on the 2060S is the exact same one as on the 2080Ti.

If you feel like you really need every last bit of performance, get a 2080 Super. It's still way less expensive than the 2080Ti.

I also didn't take into account how much more mass storage you might potentially need.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/b3dxFT/western-digital-red-pro-6tb-35-7200rpm-internal-hard-drive-wd6003ffbx

^ you could throw a WD Red Pro in there for some decently fast mass storage. (though it comes in various different capacities, depending on how much you actually need)

Also, please use quotes (like above) or tags (@Video Editor 2020 like this) so we're notified whenever you reply.

No budget. a more reasonable spec would be a single 2080 TI, not dual titans.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Video Editor 2020 said:

@Video Editor 2020 so I was reading what is the perpose of 2xgraphics card with a link between them

@ the person who you are talking to, not your self. NV link or sli lets cards process to gether, and lets them share vram. Also you have to chose from the list or the notificantion doesnt pop up.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Video Editor 2020 said:

will I get any bottle necking with the build u sent me*****

I mean, thats the best CPU/GPU combo you can get. For your use, no. 

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler