What should I build

26 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

"eh" watercooler and the TRX40 board with 3 fans for no good reason. in other words its a pretty poor board for what it offers with 3 times the fans that can fail. 

26 minutes ago, Video Editor 2020 said:

@TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp thanks that looks great

wouldnt recommend it due to some "eh" components as pointed out above. also its really just a waste for what you are doing. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

"eh" watercooler and the TRX40 board with 3 fans for no good reason. in other words its a pretty poor board for what it offers with 3 times the fans that can fail. 

i did that board b/c msi is in a bit of trouble rn, and gigabyte is inconsistent. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

i did that board b/c msi is in a bit of trouble rn, and gigabyte is inconsistent. 

I really don't get what you mean by "MSI is in a bit of trouble" and "Gigabyte is inconsistent".

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I really don't get what you mean by "MSI is in a bit of trouble" and "Gigabyte is inconsistent".

MSI is in their whole paying people to not make bad reviews thing, ans Gigabyte has problems with failing boards.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

MSI is in their whole paying people to not make bad reviews thing

sure but does that affect the products? no

Just now, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

ans Gigabyte has problems with failing boards.

Never heard of any widespread issue. 

Both brands make good products so I don't see why avoiding them is necessary

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

7 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

MSI is in their whole paying people to not make bad reviews thing

Yeah, their marketing and PR department has a bunch of clowns in it. If you think that's a problem, you'd be really surprised if you were to really look into other companies as well.

Their engineers have nothing to do with those guys btw. I've seen other people going like "I'm not buying MSI because their marketing blablabla", without taking into account that those people have nothing to do with the actual products themselves. The engineers are the ones who actually put the work into those specific products, and if issues arise, they're also the ones to fix them. Not some bozos that like throwing company money at reviewers.

For instance,ook at AMD's "6% faster" graphs where it looks like it's 3x as fast as the product they're comparing to, or Intel's stupid marketing that unfortunately I can't think of a good example of.

7 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

ans Gigabyte has problems with failing boards.

Huh? Some proof behind such a claim maybe?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

For instance,ook at AMD's "6% faster" graphs where it looks like it's 3x as fast as the product they're comparing to, or Intel's stupid marketing that unfortunately I can't think of a good example of.

Saying that they are good for x thing that isnt gaming.

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

Huh? Some proof behind such a claim maybe?

On the failling mobos, ive noticed lots for fourm posts on failing gigabyte mobos and problems with gigabyte ones than any other.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Saying that they are good for x thing that isnt gaming.

Adobe?

8 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

On the failling mobos, ive noticed lots for fourm posts on failing gigabyte mobos and problems with gigabyte ones than any other.

Source, not what you happened to see on a forum.

18 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Source, not what you happened to see on a forum.

no other scource, just what ive seen recently.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

no other scource, just what ive seen recently.

So you've no actual source, okay. Maybe don't make claims like "oh all their boards are dying" then.

17 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Premiere isn't the only program in the Adobe suite, but regardless, the fact that the 10900K is on par or beats the 3900X sounds to me like some good optimisations made for Intel. And that's excluding QuickSync.

AMD clearly wins when we get to HEDT (what's actually relevant to the OP), because of just having more raw processing power than what Intel has to offer.

56 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Premiere isn't the only program in the Adobe suite, but regardless, the fact that the 10900K is on par or beats the 3900X sounds to me like some good optimisations made for Intel. And that's excluding QuickSync.

AMD clearly wins when we get to HEDT (what's actually relevant to the OP), because of just having more raw processing power than what Intel has to offer.

IK. Though i wish they tested a R3 3100 vs i3 10100 and a R5 3600vs a i5 10600, i think that would be a large part, though it doesnt apply to this thread.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler