Can I reduce the file size of an image without resizing it?

Some background: here in India, applications for various admissions and registrations (ie registering for voter ID, applying for an entrance exam, etc) are done online only, where the candidate has to fill out the necessary form and upload a photo of himself / herself and also of their signature. The maximum permitted sizes for the files you need to upload are ridiculously small and in some cases require that a file still meet certain resolution requirements, ie 540X240 and between 10 and 50kb. So a couple of my friends and I need to register for some of these and as you can imagine, are not having a good time with smarphones being too high resolution and resizing in paint yielding unpredictable results. Previous times I've taken jpgs with my older digital camera and by luck was able to come within the limits. What I'm asking is:

1.Can I reduce the file size of an image once I'm at a particular desired resolution without resizing it? Can I get it to a desired file size and what should I use? I googled and don't want to use shady online converters.

Thanks all!

CPU: AMD Athlon 200GE

Mobo: Gigabyte B450MDS3H

RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3000Mhz

GPU: Asus ROG Strix RX570 4GB

1TB HDD, Windows 10 64-bit

2 minutes ago, Luxzio22 said:

Can I reduce the file size of an image once I'm at a particular desired resolution without resizing it?

If the app you are using allows you to set JPG-compression level, you can just set it to compress the image more so it'll take less space, but resolution stays the same.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, Luxzio22 said:

1.Can I reduce the file size of an image once I'm at a particular desired resolution without resizing it? Can I get it to a desired file size and what should I use? I googled and don't want to use shady online converters.

You need to export the image in a program in which you can adjust the export properties.

i.e. download Gimp (free program), open the image, press File > Export, export it to jpg/png (probably jpeg for the smallest file sizes), and adjust the compression level.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Crop then resize the image to required size. You can reduce the color depth but I wouldnt bother as what I described will work.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yes, MSPiant doesn't have compression settings, need to try GIMP. Thanks everyone! The files are already at the sizes the site demands so I can't resize them any more.

IrfanView. You can even tell it to target a particular size and it'll find the appropriate settings.

Clipboard01.png.0d206b415637134aeb19623dbebcc1dc.png

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Tried exporting in GIMP with slightly lower compression settings and it worked! Just found out about Irfanview and that looks easy enough for non PC savvy guys to do in a pinch so that's also great! Thanks everyone for the help!

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv