DrDisrespect Permanently Banned from Twitch

Rupe
1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I grew up with it, also grew up under a rather "outdated" parenting style. Certainly it had its problems, but the discipline definitely helped give me a sense of responsibility and the capacity to think about others.

Something I note a major lack of, in todays youth.

There have always been people that don’t care.   The question is what is the relative percentage?  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

I grew up with it, also grew up under a rather "outdated" parenting style. Certainly it had its problems, but the discipline definitely helped give me a sense of responsibility and the capacity to think about others.

I am not really in favor of it, to be honest there are ways to raise without it, however what I have noticed is not so much the type of discipline, but how and why it is used.  Parents who are not interested in hurting their children or being "controllers" can use corporal punishment with no negative side effects,  parents who are angry on the other hand tend to cause more issues than they think they are solving.  

Essentially the motivation and love of the parent tends to play a larger role.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

There have always been people that don’t care.   The question is what is the relative percentage?  

It's not just that they don't care.

They seem to completely lack the ability to take anything seriously, and seem to completely lack the ability to think critically or have even a slight amount of self reflection.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just now, mr moose said:

I am not really in favor of it, to be honest there are ways to raise without it, however what I have noticed is not so much the type of discipline, but how and why it is used.  Parents who are not interested in hurting their children or being "controllers" can use corporal punishment with no negative side effects,  parents who are angry on the other hand tend to cause more issues than they think they are solving.  

Essentially the motivation and love of the parent tends to play a larger role.

The problem I see is that a lot of parents simply do not discipline their children at all. There seems to be almost an epidemic of "bulldozer" parenting, as well as "positive reinforcement only" parenting.

6 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I know two things from working in and around public schools.

Children today are rarely if ever punished, and parents largely expect schools to raise their children. You have students who cuss out teachers all through class, teachers that ignore it and do nothing, because if they do the parents will threaten to sue the school for one thing or another.

Based on what I've seen, and the state of youth today, this is very arguably NOT working. So many of them seem to have no real experience in coping with and overcoming actual adversity (people clapping, or raising their hands whilst speaking to you, do not count) and as a result, they completely flip out and break down upon encountering it in the real world.

Cool.  Show data.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’d substitute “may not be”.  Not because I necessarily disagree, but because I don’t know.  I do think there are groups abusing vulnerable populations, and I think that children are a vulnerable population. 

I genuinely think that people aren't, even those who fully understand the problem and use it to their advantage aren't equipped to deal with the consequences of that.  The human race cannot undo thousands of years of evolution in 30 years, that's one of the reasons why anxiety disorders are so prevalent,  it's a flight/fight response to a threat that has manifest itself in a completely different realm, a realm that requires a defense built on academic prowess and  material resources rather than being able to physically run or fight.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Cool.  Show data.

Admittedly, I have no data to give you. Which doesn't necessarily invalidate my point by default. I am merely going on observations and on the observations of others who spend more time at schools than I do.

I would however tell you to seek out almost anything written by Jordan Peterson.

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

I genuinely think that people aren't, even those who fully understand the problem and use it to their advantage aren't equipped to deal with the consequences of that.  The human race cannot undo thousands of years of evolution in 30 years, that's one of the reasons why anxiety disorders are so prevalent,  it's a flight/fight response to a threat that has manifest itself in a completely different realm, a realm that requires a defense built on academic prowess and  material resources rather than being able to physically run or fight.

Based on what little I know about psychology, anxiety disorders are probably more common because life is too easy, and our brains can't deal with it. We're an apex predator species, and when we raise our young in a way that they never really encounter and overcome adversity on their own, they completely lack self confidence as a result.

Of course, it could just be population numbers coupled with other factors. I tend to think it's the lack of bullying and natural conflict resolution. Because it just makes sense to what I have seen of the world.

4 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Based on what little I know about psychology, anxiety disorders are probably more common because life is too easy, and our brains can't deal with it. We're an apex predator species, and when we raise our young in a way that they never really encounter and overcome adversity on their own, they completely lack self confidence as a result.

Of course, it could just be population numbers coupled with other factors. I tend to think it's the lack of bullying and natural conflict resolution. Because it just makes sense to what I have seen of the world.

That fits in highly with the hierarchy structure theory of serotonin and it's effects.  Both theories fit well together.  If life is too easy then having an adrenaline response to a perceived threat would only result in stress effects on the body that serves no purpose. 

11 minutes ago, mr moose said:

How is corporal punishment evolution? I also am skeptical of the lack of it.  There is means to answer these questions though in a much more useful way simply making assumptions.

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

That fits in highly with the hierarchy structure theory of serotonin and it's effects.  Both theories fit well together.  If life is too easy then having an adrenaline response to a perceived threat would only result in stress effects on the body that serves no purpose. 

I don’t think it’s unreasonable.  I just don’t have data.  Some is needed.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

How is corporal punishment evolution? I also am skeptical of the lack of it.  There is means to answer these questions though in a much more useful way simply making assumptions.

Corporal punishment is something humanity evolved over time. It teaches that there are consequences for our actions, sometimes painful ones, and when properly used, teaches people to think about their actions before they act, as well as teaching the child that they can cope with more than they think, building self confidence. At least, that is the goal. Some parents obviously take things too far.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Corporal punishment is something humanity evolved over time. It teaches that there are consequences for our actions, sometimes painful ones, and when properly used, teaches people to think about their actions before they act. At least, that is the goal. Some parents obviously take things too far.

Evolved might be a strong word.  It’s not useless.  Iirc the argument was that while it does good it also causes problems and those problems outweighed the benefits.  Might be crap.  One of the biggest problems I have with Dr. Spock is there wasn’t nearly enough study behind it.  There’s a whole body of scholarship called “early childhood development” that has studied this sort of thing for a long time.  I know almost nothing about it but it’s name.

Evolved might be a strong word.  It’s not useless.  Iirc the argument was that while it does good it also causes problems and those problems outweighed the benefits.  Might be crap.  One of the biggest problems I have with Dr. Spock is there wasn’t nearly enough study behind it.  There’s a whole body of scholarship called “early childhood development” that has studied this sort of thing for a long time.  I know almost nothing about it but it’s name.

It's hard to really find a "perfect" form of anything when humans are involved. I can tell you that having no discipline at all, gets bad results. Having too much an emphasis on discipline or responsibility can have negative results as well. The second one I base on personal experience. My dad was too hard on us about responsibility, and as a result I fear and loathe commitment. All too often I agree to something in my life and I suddenly feel trapped or caged.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Physically disciplining children has been the accepted practice for literally 10's of thousands of years.  It certainly is not a modern concept (modern being the last 200 years).  There are stories and inscriptions of the debate regarding physical discipline that go back to biblical times.  However very little evidence exists of it not being the mainstay until the 60's.  It is intrinsically linked to human evolution be it the result of evolution or a driving part of it.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable.  I just don’t have data.  Some is needed.

There is plenty of evidence,  here is a reasonable summary, not an in depth look at the history but does point to he hierarchy issues raised earlier and talks about the studies that highlight social media as being the single biggest cause of anxiety in modern society.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/why-we-worry/201811/is-there-anxiety-epidemic

Note it does not go into the history of anxiety and the physical attributes as they are not in the scope of the article.  But many psychologist talk about the flight fight response and how it pertains to anxiety in a modern world.  You can't run away from social media and hierarchy threats, so what good is an adrenal response to a social academic threat?

Just now, mr moose said:

Physically disciplining children has been the accepted practice for literally 10's of thousands of years.  It certainly is not a modern concept (modern being the last 200 years).  There are stories and inscriptions of the debate regarding physical discipline that go back to biblical times.  However very little evidence exists of it not being the mainstay until the 60's.  It is intrinsically linked to human evolution be it the result of evolution or a driving part of it.

There is plenty of evidence,  here is a reasonable summary, not an in depth look at the history but does point to he hierarchy issues raised earlier and talks about the studies that highlight social media as being the single biggest cause of anxiety in modern society.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/why-we-worry/201811/is-there-anxiety-epidemic

Note it does not go into the history of anxiety and the physical attributes as they are not in the scope of the article.  But many psychologist talk about the flight fight response and how it pertains to anxiety in a modern world.  You can't run away from social media and hierarchy threats, so what good is an adrenal response to a social academic threat?

Do people not realize that social media is fucking meaningless? If you don't participate in it, it cannot have power over you?

Stay on topic of DrDisrespect's departure from twitch.

Discussion of parenting methods has derailed the thread long enough. If you want to discuss various parenting methods and how to discipline children create a topic for it in off-topic. @Bombastinator @Trik'Stari @mr moose 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

This whole thread is amateur hour.  Amateur  sleuthing, amateur Anthropology, etc..

UPDATE: ninjapost with @Spotty.  He makes a point.

I don't really follow the guy, but I think you can only draw two logical conclusions from the amount of time he took to address what happened and the fact that his tweet was clearly worded and filtered through a lawyer:

He either is facing some criminal/civil action (or anticipating it) or this is a publicity stunt.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

soooooo, new theory going around on twitter. There is a new streaming service/platform that just popped up on twitter called Brime. They say they will be answering all questions come Monday, June 29th... This is the same date referenced in the last stream from DOC. 

Another wrinkle, the service is only following 10 people completely... 3 are the top "free agents" in the streaming game, DOC, Ninja, and Shroud. 

The only question this doesnt seem to resolve would be why/how discord would be involved with taking his partnership away? More and more questions continue to pop up with all the theories out there....

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

I don't really follow the guy, but I think you can only draw two logical conclusions from the amount of time he took to address what happened and the fact that his tweet was clearly worded and filtered through a lawyer:

He either is facing some criminal/civil action (or anticipating it) or this is a publicity stunt.

Those do both seem the most likely candidates.  Monday is coming though.

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Dr Disrespect has made a tweet stating Twitch hasn't informed him of the specific reason for the ban.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

He finally said something : Looks like he wasn't made aware of anything from the site.

Details separate people.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I dont believe it personally. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig