DrDisrespect Permanently Banned from Twitch

Rupe

So I ran it through the EQ, its nothing. Its still not possible to make out exactly what it says but it most certainly does not say "hands up". Honestly it just sounds like background noise from the video he's playingnothing.mp3.

I let it loop twice at normal speed then slowed the pitch down to most VDJ allows (-50%) and ran it through a few more times then just for fun I ran it through another few times on -25%.

WARNING - I boosted the gain as high as I could so its going to be VERY loud.

nothing.mp3

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

So I ran it through the EQ, its nothing. Its still not possible to make out exactly what it says but it most certainly does not say "hands up". Honestly it just sounds like background noise from the video he's playingnothing.mp3.

I let it looop twice and normal speed then slowed the pitch down to most VDJ allows (-50%) and run it through a few more times then just for fun I ran it through another few times on -25%.

WARNING - I boosted the gain as high as I could so its going to be VERY loud.

nothing.mp3 544.33 kB · 0 downloads

Heh. I forgot that there were audio experts here.  Good on ya.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Heh. I forgot that there were audio experts here.  Good on ya.

Thanks but I'm certainly no audio expert.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

i looked into the original video link that he was watching & it's in the video audio he was watching & it's not from his streaming mic. time tagged it & you can hear the same "hands up,hands up" sorta verbal cue. This is from a year back.

so the theory about cops breaking the door & shouting "hands up" is pretty much bland.

Details separate people.

5e87db3b9d84ea88ce4caf4840c6929e.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Thanks but I'm certainly no audio expert.

Moreso than me.  There is a real one or two around.   Maybe one will care enough to have at it before the real details come out.  I’m guessing Monday.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Considering we're this far and the sponsors haven't screamed to the hills they've dropped their sponsorships, we can generally assume it isn't anything involving sexual allegations (especially not under-aged ones). If, per Slasher, it's all the way at the top of Twitch, then it's far more likely about taxes and, knowing Twitch, something they F'd up in a contract.

Either that or Dr. Disrespect is actually a mafia kingpin and things will get really wild.

2 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

If that's all he did, to be entirely honest, it's not that bad. It is bad and I definitely see why twitch would drop him, but considering all the rape allegations currently in the esports scene, it's probably the best outcome. lol

That's actually the most plausible scenario I've seen. It has to be complex legal issues that rope upper-level Twitch into it. Twitch management might be the Simp Kings, but legal entanglements would get Bezos looking over their shoulder. They really don't want that.

2 hours ago, NeuesTestament said:

Also I would assume Twitch isn't allowed to just ban him while the investigation is still going on because that might tipp him off.

No, they could. From a warrant alone, likely not, as it would violate their contracts. (Plus, warrants can be served for information you might unwittingly have on the activities of others. Say if some of the donation money was from some fraud scheme someone else was pulling.) But, whatever records would be pulled could highlight grounds for contract termination.

That said, it's far more likely about something that exposes Twitch to legal issues rather than PR issues. They'd already be virtue signaling about it, if it was a major PR issue core to the cause. Since it's radio silence, it's going to involve money, taxes, filings and legal risk. Or, generally, if information isn't leaking like a sieve publicly, it'll include massive legal problems for the company doing the firing, dead hookers or both.

-= Moved to General Discussion =-

Due to the nature of the "News" it does not meet the requirement of being Tech News.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

-= Moved to General Discussion =-

Due to the nature of the "News" it does not meet the requirement of being Tech News.

Not that I'm questioning this decision but it seems a bit odd considering Linus & Luke discussed it on the WAN show.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Not that I'm questioning this decision but it seems a bit odd considering Linus & Luke discussed it on the WAN show.

They have? Video just ended at like 4 minutes, before they spilled all the juicy stuff...

3 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

They have? Video just ended at like 4 minutes, before they spilled all the juicy stuff...

Should be timestamped.

15 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Its not and this is not the first topic to be moved that was presented on WAN Show.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

See Spottys response to your first point.

Which actually argues the issue with some twitch streamers is worse.

10 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Fun fact, both Google & Apple offer very robust parental controls for phones that belong to minors. Plus if you really do work in that realm then you'll already know that its gone way beyond that point already. Not only do parents not even try to keep their kids safe any more but in some cases the parents are the ones encouraging it. A few months ago a friend of my Mum rang me and asked me if I could go and lock down her internet because her 13 year old grandson (who lives with her for reasons that aren't important) was playing video games for 18 hours a day, he was refusing to go to school and just sitting on his Xbox from the moment he woke up until 3 or 4 am every single day. The tipping point was when she learned he was Streaming to Twitch. I went round to her house and spent 4 hours locking down everything I could for her to control. When he found out what I'd done he immediately told his Mum who bought him his own 4G Modem to put in his bedroom so he could still access the full internet with no restrictions, she even pays his bill. I've literally seen a parent walk into school to collect her 8 year old son from class holding a copy of GTA V and proudly showing it to a group of other parents while boasting about buying it for an 8 year old. I've dealt with a 5 year old who was telling his teachers to fuck off and being racist, after an investigation it turned out his dad was teaching him to do it. I've seen a 7 year old get permanent exclusion for literally fly kicking another child because his dad let him watch Bruce Lee movies. I've seen an 11 year old arrested for dealing drugs to high school kids, turns out he was doing it for his dad. I saw a mother so drunk she couldn't stand punch the headmistress because she said the mother was not taking her 7 year old child home in that state. Things got so bad in the school we worked at that after 15 years we decided to close our business and walk away.

You can dress it up anyway you like but ultimately it is bad parenting.

You aren't describing bad parenting,  you are describing unsupported parenting and uneducated parents regarding technology.  Especially when there is so much more to each case than the superficial, this is happening.  I know you think the reasons the grandson lives with the grandparents is not important but I can assure every single time a child is forced live elsewhere (regardless of the reason) it has an impact and in most cases it is not minor.  I see it all the time.

Anyway, all that is beyond discussing because this stuff can be easily learnt if anyone bothered to educate themselves on the topic.  The problem is no one is and  to be honest it is frustrating when people think they understand complex issues of development while not willing to give any time to learning about it.  Seriously it's like listening people banging on about how Intel is about to go broke because AMD introduced the RYzen.  completely superficial conclusions that don't even scratch the surface of a complex industry.   

The other thing that is even worse than not wanting to learn about this is the idea that people who don't want to because the actual reality of social development and how things like specific internet content effects it is too much for people to deal with. They would rather ignore it and feel better about their current understanding than have to think deeply about a problem that has very few answers to rather large problems.

It's also some what alarming that the parent in your example case is the same parent that raised you. Can you see there is a clear difference between how she raised you and how she is raising her grandson?  Do you think this is intentional bad parenting?  or is she dealing with completely different environmental factors because today's technology is both beyond her and persistent in everything. 

This stuff isn't simple and there is no simple answer,  Anyone who thinks they have a grasp on it really doesn't and those who think freedom of speech has no consequences and that bad parenting is a catch all blame card are in for a big shock when they have kids of their own and are dealing with this tech. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

9 minutes ago, mr moose said:

This stuff can be easily learnt if anyone bothered to educate themselves on the topic

10 minutes ago, mr moose said:

This stuff isn't simple and there is no simple answer

At first i thought that the above was contradictionary,  untill the explaination followed.

11 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Anyone who thinks they have a grasp on it really doesn't

And i think you might be right, although one name comes to mind that seems to think has a firm grasp ;)

All kidding aside (just to be clear, the above is tongue in cheek), i could not agree more; even though i was raised extremely liberal i do think new tech, the people exploting it in these ways (snowflake yt "stars" etc) giving bad examples to a very young viewer base has a profound negative impact in some areas, especially with vonerable groups to begin with.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your insights on this, and praise for your efforts in your line of work; i have someone close also in am "social" related job and its requires a lot of dedication and energy to help others improve their lives or get back on track. I could never do that but admire and praise those who do since theres unfortunatly too many people depending on it (and kn the end, our future depends on it as a whole).

1 minute ago, Bartholomew said:

At first i thought that the above was contradictionary,  untill the explaination followed.

And i think you might be right, although one name comes to mind that seems to think has a firm grasp ;)

After 15 years years I know enough to know I don't know it all, that different situations can require completely different measures and that there is no catch all/simple answer to many (if not all) of the problems we face.

Thank you for your kind words.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

52 minutes ago, mr moose said:

TLDR SNIP

I see bad parenting as a factor to this issue but not the ONLY factor. Like you said, it could be a multitude of other factors including parents not understanding the tech which doesn't mean they are bad parents outright. 

Again, it is one of those complex issues that I can't even weigh too much into it.

Edit: Though I believe that some people putting majority blame/responsibility on the streamer is rather ignorant

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

14 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I see bad parenting as a factor to this issue but not the ONLY factor. Like you said, it could be a multitude of other factors including parents not understanding the tech which doesn't mean they are bad parents outright. 

Again, it is one of those complex issues that I can't even weigh too much into it.

Edit: Though I believe that some people putting majority blame/responsibility on the streamer is rather ignorant

The problem is the public knows nearly  nothing atm.   We can talk about generalities, we can make suppositions, both have been done extensively.  It seems to be going on everywhere.  

5 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I don't actually think it's all the streamer either, it's just we have such a large problem and people don't even want to accept it is a problem let alone consider what we can do about it.

An analogy:

If children joined an adult fight club,  who would you argue needs to step in and assure they don't get hurt, the parents who don't know where they are (for various reasons), the club for making the fight possible right there and then or the adult fighter who willingly gets in the ring and starts punching them?

Until someone can find a better way to manage adult content so children don't  get access then the problem will always exist because people are arguing it's not twitches job and it's not the content creators job, If parents cant stop it then who's job is it? or do we just let it go and suffer the consequences? 

Let me leave this thought with everyone: 

Be careful what you defend as it's effects will be in power when you are elderly and vulnerable,  these younger generations will be writing the laws then.     If instead of fighting for them to have a better existence you allow the things that hurt them to exist and blame their parents, then you are doing them a disservice regardless.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Which actually argues the issue with some twitch streamers is worse.

You aren't describing bad parenting,  you are describing unsupported parenting and uneducated parents regarding technology.  Especially when there is so much more to each case than the superficial, this is happening.  I know you think the reasons the grandson lives with the grandparents is not important but I can assure every single time a child is forced live elsewhere (regardless of the reason) it has an impact and in most cases it is not minor.  I see it all the time.

Anyway, all that is beyond discussing because this stuff can be easily learnt if anyone bothered to educate themselves on the topic.  The problem is no one is and  to be honest it is frustrating when people think they understand complex issues of development while not willing to give any time to learning about it.  Seriously it's like listening people banging on about how Intel is about to go broke because AMD introduced the RYzen.  completely superficial conclusions that don't even scratch the surface of a complex industry.   

The other thing that is even worse than not wanting to learn about this is the idea that people who don't want to because the actual reality of social development and how things like specific internet content effects it is too much for people to deal with. They would rather ignore it and feel better about their current understanding than have to think deeply about a problem that has very few answers to rather large problems.

It's also some what alarming that the parent in your example case is the same parent that raised you. Can you see there is a clear difference between how she raised you and how she is raising her grandson?  Do you think this is intentional bad parenting?  or is she dealing with completely different environmental factors because today's technology is both beyond her and persistent in everything. 

This stuff isn't simple and there is no simple answer,  Anyone who thinks they have a grasp on it really doesn't and those who think freedom of speech has no consequences and that bad parenting is a catch all blame card are in for a big shock when they have kids of their own and are dealing with this tech. 

I feel there is a rather simple solution that humanity developed over thousands of years, and has only recently been shied away from.

It worked on me, to some extent. I'm not in jail, I'm not on welfare, have no children out of wedlock (or in, for that matter) and have no criminal record.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

10 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I feel there is a rather simple solution that humanity developed over thousands of years, and has only recently been shied away from.

It worked on me, to some extent. I'm not in jail, I'm not on welfare, have no children out of wedlock (or in, for that matter) and have no criminal record.

You nailed it on the head with "developed over thousands of years",  humans have evolved to a specific way of dealing with information and threat,  along comes the internet and in a time span of 30 years (a drop in the ocean), we go from thousands of years of being able to cope and develop with what we have to completely unbalancing the information we receive, not just being subject to it younger, but being subject to significantly more information in the same time period and being subject to a substantially wider array of information. Information from the completely wrong and intentionally dangerous to the over sensationalized moral high grounds.  People are not equipped to deal with this much information let alone all the stuff that is beyond our development and beyond our understanding.

8 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Corporal punishment was a thing for a very long time.  The change was in America in the 1960’s with Dr Spock.  The first big group to largely not experience it was the American boomers.  There is an argument it didn’t go very well. The thing is It’s in no way an everywhere thing though.  Corporal punishment is still practiced lots of places.  The thing to do would be studies.  The test population is there. I suspect they’ve already been done.  It’s possible the argument of “it worked on me” is crap.  It’s also possible the studies were crap or haven’t been done.  It’s something I’ve never bothered to look into.  I think it likely a people have though. 

5 minutes ago, mr moose said:

You nailed it on the head with "developed over thousands of years",  humans have evolved to a specific way of dealing with information and threat,  along comes the internet and in a time span of 30 years (a drop in the ocean), we go from thousands of years of being able to cope and develop with what we have to completely unbalancing the information we receive, not just being subject to it younger, but being subject to significantly more information in the same time period and being subject to a substantially wider array of information. Information from the completely wrong and intentionally dangerous to the over sensationalized moral high grounds.  People are not equipped to deal with this much information let alone all the stuff that is beyond our development and beyond our understanding.

I grew up with it, also grew up under a rather "outdated" parenting style. Certainly it had its problems, but the discipline definitely helped give me a sense of responsibility and the capacity to think about others.

Something I note a major lack of, in todays youth.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Corporal punishment was a thing for a very long time.  The change was in America in the 1960’s with Dr Spock.  The first big group to largely not experience it was the American boomers.  There is an argument it didn’t go very well. The thing is It’s in no way an everywhere thing though.  Corporal punishment is still practiced lots of places.  The thing to do would be studies.  The test population is there. I suspect they’ve already been done.  It’s possible the argument of “it worked on me” is crap.  It’s also possible the studies were crap or haven’t been done.  It’s something I’ve never bothered to look into.  I think it likely a people have though. 

I know two things from working in and around public schools.

Children today are rarely if ever punished, and parents largely expect schools to raise their children. You have students who cuss out teachers all through class, teachers that ignore it and do nothing, because if they do the parents will threaten to sue the school for one thing or another.

Based on what I've seen, and the state of youth today, this is very arguably NOT working. So many of them seem to have no real experience in coping with and overcoming actual adversity (people clapping, or raising their hands whilst speaking to you, do not count) and as a result, they completely flip out and break down upon encountering it in the real world.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I’d substitute “may not be”.  Not because I necessarily disagree, but because I don’t know.  I do think there are groups abusing vulnerable populations, and I think that children are a vulnerable population.