Turning pink? - just think of the money and it will appear.

williamcll

Microsoft recently patented a method to create cryptocurrency using a mixture of biological data-NQptxCdNnPg7OezLlCeyHnhepmdyYGvydAhDec3AQuTZ4QNNUv30maEQYvFagt7woY2Q4lyqcNC0VqgD13r1nL3zrB270_NRa1QX2AJFvxRqWCeXhDD2mZI8SlxtRNsezidfdcsEeogPOCTzbk4vw.thumb.png.ab255458b5182f879cec44dad9a7278f.pngNqBaGsUKfOR3S2wREDXl92oLUtgcx2DbaIWR5yThNLIrRYuYa46uUKcZkea3MBOWCGUJnqCdR9v8flRJC3dE1oOJN_i0bCM1x5etSR4WZl317obO1Xa6wOp86gvoExOgu4U4nAASyYotp9xtxJ8Hcg.thumb.png.413273a6234eb6ca431335c276c49154.png

thoughts as a proof-of-work concept with the intention of mining cryptocurrency. The concept uses body data, including brain waves, body temperature, blood flow, movement, organ activity, your pulse, eye movement and much more. These data points are then paired with the task a person is doing and then used as a proof-of-work (PoW) element This data would be unique for each individual, forming essentially a digital fingerprint and the unique data required for PoW. "A brain wave or body heat emitted from the user when the user performs the task provided by an information or service provider, such as viewing advertisement or using certain internet services, can be used in the mining process," the patent application says. "Instead of massive computation work required by some conventional cryptocurrency systems, data generated based on the body activity of the user can be a proof-of-work, and therefore, a user can solve the computationally difficult problem unconsciously." It's an interesting concept, for sure. In essence, the patent details a technology where you allow Microsoft to record essentially all of your body's responses while you passively, to quote the patent, "view advertisements or use certain internet services." That data is then used to generate cryptocurrency, and before you know it you're making money by watching ads. It reminds me of those ads that boast that try to convince you that you can make $40,000/month from home without actually doing anything. Nevertheless, it sounds like a potentially good deal, especially considering that not long ago, people were buying lots of hardware, building complex systems and racking up expensive energy bills to mine for cryptocurrency. Microsoft's approach would only require an investment for the sensory hardware and your time.

Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-patent-application-crypto-mining-brain-waves
https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2020060606&tab=PCTDESCRIPTION

Thoughts: This seems like a sneaky get rich quick method that is bound to cause more troubles than benefits. And considering the violatile nature of cryptos, I would imagine selling patient data would be a more profitable approach regardless of its ethical issues.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 3/31/2020 at 7:35 PM, williamcll said:

Microsoft recently patented a method to create cryptocurrency using a mixture of biological data

-Trimmed-

Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-patent-application-crypto-mining-brain-waves
https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2020060606&tab=PCTDESCRIPTION

Thoughts: This seems like a sneaky get rich quick method that is bound to cause more troubles than benefits. And considering the violatile nature of cryptos, I would imagine selling patient data would be a more profitable approach regardless of its ethical issues.

This.
No thanks MS.

Edited by TheRandomness
Please don't quote images.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

3 hours ago, That Franc said:

Before you know it, Microsoft sells the data they've collected by watching you watch ads. That's a scary picture and I don't know if I'm a fan of it.

Exactly what I was thinking, next thing you know Your health insurance bill goes up, Life insurance goes up, because of data about your body or some other bs that MS is selling companies

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Big data is use of the citizenry as cattle.  It’s been a giant problem since it was invented.  Attempts were made to control it but we’re aborted.  This is just one more permutation.  The problem hasn’t changed.  It is more directly observable than some.  The red cape used to hide the sword from the bull is a bit smaller.  That is all though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:35 PM, williamcll said:

before you know it you're making money by watching ads.

NOPE

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 4/1/2020 at 2:17 AM, That Franc said:

Before you know it, Microsoft sells the data they've collected by watching you watch ads. That's a scary picture and I don't know if I'm a fan of it.

To be fair they already do that

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What this seems to me to do is to collect money by forcing others to do “work” for their gain.  The standard “the public are the cattle” scenario.  Hate it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 4/1/2020 at 10:17 AM, That Franc said:

sounds like a dystopian novel/world, i love it. 

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

Okay can we FUCKING NOT?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016