Forum image resize option which is unecessary

Tech_Dreamer

Not sure if this is a firefox thing alone, But the "keep aspect ratio" option when you resize an image seems kinda pointless , usually it's inactive when you resize it via the text box & it suddenly contorts itself vertically & squishes the image. even if that is an intention who does that or what can you do with image vertically squished like that unless for memes.

605949651_originalaspectratioforumoption.PNG.295b13cb8dfc7ad8d3fecf5a540949b3.PNG

Details separate people.

It's supposed to default to checked, but allow you to uncheck it if you do want to distort the image. Is that not the case for you?

HTTP/2 203

Not always but most of the time, i tried to resize an image from the options as i type this & it's auto checked in already, but it doesn't happen always.  i get it unchecked certain times for no reason, i usually always log myself out & clear the cache or whatever for every session, plus a shit ton of plugins are active on my browser. maybe that's whats causing it.

Details separate people.

It's also been the case for me that it's not consistently checked by default. Especially if I edit a post to resize an image.

It's also defaulting to unchecked for me on mobile.  Haven't checked on desktop.

Also I'd like to be able to see the actual size of the image dimensions, even if I'm on mobile, at least in the image resize dialog.  Sometimes I'll post an image that's like 1000 pixels wide, but on my mobile it shows at like 380 pixels wide in portrait mode and fills the maximum visible width.  (Haven't yet tested if it shows proper size on a desktop with a 1920 pixel wide display.)

Also when I hit enter to make a new line in the middle of a sentence, it deletes a character (often a space, I think) on mobile.  (This happens if my cursor is not at the end of the line, but somewhere in the middle of a block of text.)  I don't yet have 100% details on exactly how it's reproduced yet, but I've been noticing it for quite a while.  It doesn't do it on desktop.

The box has been kind of inconsistent for me too.

Sometimes it does stay on 'keep this aspect ratio' and sometimes it does not. Sometimes the box is ticked, but when I edit the same picture again, it 'unapplies'.

This happens with things pasted from clipboard (so uploaded here directly), but also with external links to images

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Can confirm inconsistency. Maybe once in every 15-20 image edits, quite annoying since I normally just set all my images to 600px tall, only for 1 in 15-20 to get squeezed instead.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor