Noob Needs help

hi all

for months now I've been watching linus on you tube and I'm finally ready to get into pc gaming especially the vr side of it the only thing is I have low budget of between £500 to £800 and also no knowledge of building a pc so if possible could anyone please help by giving me a build guide/part list or reccomend a ready to run pc

any help will be much appreciappreciated so thankyou to all

scott

4 minutes ago, swingball1982 said:

between £500 to £800

keyboard/mouse/monitor?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

$120 amd ryzen 2600x cpu

$140 msi x570 a pro mobo

$80 ram Viper 3600

no need to buy a cpu cooler

$20 cheapest case

download windows 10 but dont activate it, they allow you to do it and it works just fine. this brings up a great point on used or refurbished pcs because they include the os usually w10, places like newegg or bestbuy sell used refurbished pcs, something like a 4th gen intel i7 with 8gb of ram, w10, and you can always upgrade the storage.

gpu would be a 1660 would be a good fit depending on the games played with vr

20 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

keyboard/mouse/monitor?

No the accessories will be on top of my budget 

3 minutes ago, swingball1982 said:

No the accessories will be on top of my budget 

I decided to leave a lot of room in your budget for what you might need in addition to the parts. If you see a case or some fancy ram you love, you can afford it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

16 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

$120 amd ryzen 2600x cpu

$140 msi x570 a pro mobo

$80 ram Viper 3600

no need to buy a cpu cooler

$20 cheapest case

download windows 10 but dont activate it, they allow you to do it and it works just fine. this brings up a great point on used or refurbished pcs because they include the os usually w10, places like newegg or bestbuy sell used refurbished pcs, something like a 4th gen intel i7 with 8gb of ram, w10, and you can always upgrade the storage.

gpu would be a 1660 would be a good fit depending on the games played with vr

Hi thankyou ever so much for reply could you also do a list of components to build a entry level gaming pc ignoring my budget thankyou 

Scott

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I decided to leave a lot of room in your budget for what you might need in addition to the parts. If you see a case or some fancy ram you love, you can afford it.

Hi thankyou ever so much for reply could you also do a list of components to build a entry level gaming pc ignoring my budget thankyou 

Scott

Just now, swingball1982 said:

entry level gaming pc ignoring my budget

I mean, this is entry level, budget or not. Did you want a cheaper option to consider? or a more expensive one?

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

I mean, this is entry level, budget or not. Did you want a cheaper option to consider? or a more expensive one?

Little bit more expensive please

Primary PC:

27 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Thankyou ever so much for the quick response and to taking the time to help me

Many thanks THE NOOB

4 minutes ago, swingball1982 said:

Thankyou ever so much for the quick response and to taking the time to help me

Many thanks THE NOOB

One last question are these rgb compatible 

Just now, swingball1982 said:

RGB compatible? There are a few ways to do RGB.

There are fans like the Thermaltake Riing that have their own fan hub and RGB controller that just plug into the motherboard like normal fans (or have separate power from the PSU)

then there are RGB strips, and yes the tomahawk has a header or two for RGB strips

Primary PC:

hi all newbie here again looking to build my own gaming/vr rig basically I've been looking at motherboards and dont trust myself picking one my budget for the motherboard is £130 any suggestions would be great I would also like it be rgb 

many thanks in advance 

21 hours ago, swingball1982 said:

tomahawk has an rgb edge on the pcb and a couple RGB headers. and in stead of the ram he linked you try something like this: great timings for ryzen however it is not on the QVL so be aware of that. but many people have said it works well on their tomahawk

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232880?Description=ddr4&cm_re=ddr4-_-20-232-880-_-Product

On 12/1/2019 at 10:36 PM, Fasauceome said:

I would spend a little bit more for a fast M2 SSD much more speed 

I'll recommend somethng like this for entry lvl 1080p gaming....

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£109.98 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£64.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF Gaming Allian 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£58.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£56.22 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS XXX ED Video Card  (£143.46 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: BitFenix Neos Black ATX Mid Tower Case  (£26.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£44.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £505.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-04 13:59 GMT+0000

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

5 hours ago, Nuklearfire said:

I would spend a little bit more for a fast M2 SSD much more speed 

Faster SSDs don't make a difference for a gaming PC. 

Primary PC:

On 12/1/2019 at 4:07 PM, swingball1982 said:

hi all

for months now I've been watching linus on you tube and I'm finally ready to get into pc gaming especially the vr side of it the only thing is I have low budget of between £500 to £800 and also no knowledge of building a pc so if possible could anyone please help by giving me a build guide/part list or reccomend a ready to run pc

any help will be much appreciappreciated so thankyou to all

scott

I play Oculus Rift games on a RX570, pretty much the cheapest/lowest end graphics solution but it works pretty well if you're willing to play on lowish detail settings. Since the VR display doesn't look as crisp as it does on monitors anyways (screen door effect), it doesn't bother me. A RX580 would be cheap and probably work fairly well (and maintain 90 fps frame rates more easily) However, as another poster mentioned, you would not have much headroom.

I'd suggest as a minimum for an Oculus, a 4c/8t CPU, an SSD (it won't help frame rates, but VR games can take a long time to load with a HDD) 8 GB RAM and a RX580.