YouTube Live steaming Advice

SokPot

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but i will give it a shot. I have a project which requires me to create a live stream to youtube.

But i have very specific needs. There will be one camera recording all day and i want to be able to create multiple stream from this camera, all done programmaticaly.

First of all i want to ask if this is possible.

Secondly, i have already manage to create a broadcast and bind a stream to it, but each time a broadcast is created it is assigned a new streaming key. Can i create multiple broadcast with the same key so that I don't have to change OBS settings each time ?

Any help will be appreciated. If this is completely off topic, can you give me some advice on where i can seek for some help?

Your best option would be to set up a kind of re-stream server and use OBS to stream to your own server, and then the server uploads to various destinations.

This would allow you to dynamically add or remove destinations and the server will connect and start pushing the data to that destination.

Youtube has some requirements for allowing live streaming, so you should first look into that, see if you can actually do what you want with Youtube.

What i want, i think, can be accomplished.
I have set up OBS to stream with a specific streaming key and start streaming.
Then i go to dashboard and create a broadcast, select the correct streaming key and i see the stream.
After i close the previous broadcast, i create a new one and if select the correct streaming key again everything works fine.

All i want is to be able to create broadcasts programmaticaly with the correct streaming key assigned, so i don't have to go to youtube dashboard.
Everything should be done from an external site. 

i don't belive youtube allows streaming the same thing on multiple channels.

like twitch doesn't want other people to watch other twitch streamers live (for longer periods of time)

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, flashiling said:

i don't belive youtube allows streaming the same thing on multiple channels.

like twitch doesn't want other people to watch other twitch streamers live (for longer periods of time)

I won't stream to multiple channels, everything will be on the same channel.
The basic thing a want to do is to be able to livestream an event but split it to multiple videos, all done from outside youtube.

so using different obs scenes with different cameras to show more angles of something?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

No, i don't think that i have explained it well.

There will be a camera recording something, and i want to be able to create youtube live streams from an exeternal site using this camera as a scource.
So for example one live stream will be from 10-12 another after that for 12-2 etc...

And i want to be able to do that from en external application in a site.

I think there is an option in Youtube to have multiple camera angles in one stream. You might also try restream.io

You can define static streaming keys in YouTube with your recording preferences. Even though you can "bind" the streaming key and "start" a stream (meaning that YouTube receives data) in OBS, unfortunately I don't think you can programmatically automate the process of pressing the "go live" button in YouTube Studio. It's been a while since I've done any stream but it requires to go through "preview" mode first than you commit to start the stream once preview is ok.

Current Build: SD-DESK-07

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy // PSU: SeaSonic SS-650RM // Motherboard: P8Z77-I DELUXE // CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k // Cooler: Corsair H80i // RAM: Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 2X8GB DDR3 1600MHz // SSD: Crucial M500 240GB // Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti SC 2GB

7 hours ago, SokPot said:

What i want, i think, can be accomplished.
I have set up OBS to stream with a specific streaming key and start streaming.
Then i go to dashboard and create a broadcast, select the correct streaming key and i see the stream.
After i close the previous broadcast, i create a new one and if select the correct streaming key again everything works fine.

All i want is to be able to create broadcasts programmaticaly with the correct streaming key assigned, so i don't have to go to youtube dashboard.
Everything should be done from an external site. 

What do you mean by "external site"?

Also, it sounds like you are trying to set up a television channel. "Murder, She Wrote" at 10-12, "Golden Girls" at 12-2, "Perry Mason" at 2-4, etc. Otherwise, you could set the option (pretty sure YouTube has the option, but OBS certainly does) to record while you are broadcasting, then use the recording to play at later times.

As for breaking up recordings into specific times, even if you could automate it, it is highly ill-advised, since you run the risk of the event running over the time (thus cutting off the end), or ending early, and filling up the remaining time with 'dead air'.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

8 hours ago, SokPot said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but i will give it a shot. I have a project which requires me to create a live stream to youtube.

But i have very specific needs. There will be one camera recording all day and i want to be able to create multiple stream from this camera, all done programmaticaly.

First of all i want to ask if this is possible.

Secondly, i have already manage to create a broadcast and bind a stream to it, but each time a broadcast is created it is assigned a new streaming key. Can i create multiple broadcast with the same key so that I don't have to change OBS settings each time ?

Any help will be appreciated. If this is completely off topic, can you give me some advice on where i can seek for some help?

I know it's possible to duplicate the stream (people do this all the time for certain types of content), however usually the video is duplicated, not the audio. The "technically right" solution involves more hardware (eg send the rendered output to a second machine which then duplicates the stream and connects to the various streaming platforms, and also re-establishes the streams when disconnected/interrupted.) You don't want it on the same machine primarily because if it crashes the streams "end" and have to be setup again. Though you certainly run nginx on the same machine at your own risk.

This is one example. It also answers the second question, as you use nginx's configuration to have two streams to broadcast to.

On 11/28/2019 at 11:53 AM, SokPot said:

I won't stream to multiple channels, everything will be on the same channel.
The basic thing a want to do is to be able to livestream an event but split it to multiple videos, all done from outside youtube.

I haven't tested this myself, but stream key should remain same during one streaming event. You can split live parts within this event. This is based on the fact that our sports community channel had this style of streaming for one event. It was manned steam as splitting needs to be done from YouTube side of things. I don't know if there would be API for larger channels, like over 100 subs which would unlock mobile streaming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv