Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NESHAY

ROG Zephyrus G GA502 - Asus frame drops in games

Recommended Posts

On 2/14/2020 at 9:34 PM, mussifer said:

Has anyone else tried this? Been searching the web for some references on the 300 ver. of the BIOS, but couldn't find anything. @Bobbydigital do you have the link with the BIOS changelog? Thanks for your solution btw.

I've also been searching but can't find any reference.

 

Why wouldn't ASUS just release the BIOS update on their driver page?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 10:17 PM, Bobbydigital said:

@mussifer Another user in the Ryzen Controller Discord has used it along with the guy who provided it for us. The BIOS change log is  in the little picture on my post with the BIOS link. With this BIOS I can actually overclock my GPU core by 200Mhz and GPU memory by 300Mhz and no need for Ryzen Controller anymore for me.  Getting the best benchmark results I've ever had too in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Geekbench and Cinebench R15. 

Did you flash your BIOS via USB and transfering the RAW file or via WinFlash?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I've go ahead and installed the BIOS version 300, as supplied in the link from @Bobbydigital.

 

Please see a screenshot of the update installed.

 

I will test this out for CPU drops.

 

 

1484097471_SystemInformation16_02_202016_37_44.thumb.png.3cf6fc665c816deb1c4e87c188a40f00.png

 

 

 

UPDATE

 

BIOS 300 seems to have done the trick so far.

 

Will continue to monitor the performance.

 

Currently playing Apex Legends and not had any drops.

 

37350678_TaskManager16_02_202021_14_04.png.b6f3b94248fc62ae3c724680228aa836.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xBrettx said:

So, I've go ahead and installed the BIOS version 300, as supplied in the link from @Bobbydigital.

 

Please see a screenshot of the update installed.

 

I will test this out for CPU drops.

 

 

1484097471_SystemInformation16_02_202016_37_44.thumb.png.3cf6fc665c816deb1c4e87c188a40f00.png

 

 

 

UPDATE

 

BIOS 300 seems to have done the trick so far.

 

Will continue to monitor the performance.

 

Currently playing Apex Legends and not had any drops.

 

37350678_TaskManager16_02_202021_14_04.png.b6f3b94248fc62ae3c724680228aa836.png

Glad its working for you! Here is the link to the Ryzen Controller Discord

 

https://discord.gg/bUR7ZY

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I didnt send my laptop yet I tried the Bios upgrade. No FPS drops on Ultra Settings in PUBG training mode which is harder or perfromance I belive due to amount of people randomly shooting at you. So far im cauciously optimistic. Got 75-90 FPS stable. When I tried out of Turbo it did drop but I guess it would. I´ll have a gaming session later and will update the progress. Also I didnt use Ryzen Controller so massive improvement. Gonna try splitgate too, I was getting FPS drops on it before too so hope this solves it! 

 

EDIT: Time spit - before the Bios update i had framerate drops to 4-7fps every 15 -20 seconds on Low settings. After the update smooth 150 fps with no drops on Epic settings. 

 

Quake Champions - Unplayable before the updates. Runs smooth 65 -75 on Epic custom settings, no frame drops. 

 

Seems you did it guys. I´ll keep on testing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, xHyPnOtiZeDx said:

Since I didnt send my laptop yet I tried the Bios upgrade. No FPS drops on Ultra Settings in PUBG training mode which is harder or perfromance I belive due to amount of people randomly shooting at you. So far im cauciously optimistic. Got 75-90 FPS stable. When I tried out of Turbo it did drop but I guess it would. I´ll have a gaming session later and will update the progress. Also I didnt use Ryzen Controller so massive improvement. Gonna try splitgate too, I was getting FPS drops on it before too so hope this solves it! 

 

EDIT: Time spit - before the Bios update i had framerate drops to 4-7fps every 15 -20 seconds on Low settings. After the update smooth 150 fps with no drops on Epic settings. 

 

Quake Champions - Unplayable before the updates. Runs smooth 65 -75 on Epic custom settings, no frame drops. 

 

Seems you did it guys. I´ll keep on testing. 

Glad to hear it's resolved the issue for you.

 

I wonder why ASUS just wouldn't upload the BIOS update onto their support portal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, xBrettx said:

Glad to hear it's resolved the issue for you.

 

I wonder why ASUS just wouldn't upload the BIOS update onto their support portal?

I hear ya, I'm just happy someone got this BIOS and was able to share it with us. Nothing like a company fixing a major issue with a product and then not getting  the fix out there in circulation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobbydigital said:

I hear ya, I'm just happy someone got this BIOS and was able to share it with us. Nothing like a company fixing a major issue with a product and then not getting  the fix out there in circulation.

It's just odd that's all, you'd think something that important would be mentioned at least somewhere on their site.

 

But anyway, thanks @Bobbydigital for the BIOS bro.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, xBrettx said:

It's just odd that's all, you'd think something that important would be mentioned at least somewhere on their site.

 

But anyway, thanks @Bobbydigital for the BIOS bro.

 

 

If you want give @Mamba#2901  in the Ryzen Discord the thanks, he is the one that provided this for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, xHyPnOtiZeDx said:

Since I didnt send my laptop yet I tried the Bios upgrade. No FPS drops on Ultra Settings in PUBG training mode which is harder or perfromance I belive due to amount of people randomly shooting at you. So far im cauciously optimistic. Got 75-90 FPS stable. When I tried out of Turbo it did drop but I guess it would. I´ll have a gaming session later and will update the progress. Also I didnt use Ryzen Controller so massive improvement. Gonna try splitgate too, I was getting FPS drops on it before too so hope this solves it! 

 

EDIT: Time spit - before the Bios update i had framerate drops to 4-7fps every 15 -20 seconds on Low settings. After the update smooth 150 fps with no drops on Epic settings. 

 

Quake Champions - Unplayable before the updates. Runs smooth 65 -75 on Epic custom settings, no frame drops. 

 

Seems you did it guys. I´ll keep on testing. 

That's quite impressive. Never got any kind of these amount of fps. I've had a concern about this laptop and would appreciate some feedback, does anyone have this issue where no matter what graphics settings you run in games you will get the same fps without any visible fps improvementa at all?

 

For example, if I run Destiny 2 or Dishonored 2 at Ultra, I get the exact same fps as in the lowest settings, wich makes no sense. On FF XV Windows edition, I only get a 20fps difference between Low(70-78fps) and Ultra(45-58)

 

And  Fortnite is the worse case. If I go from 1080p to 720p in low settings on everything i cant event get more than stable 150fps in 1080p. And 177fps in 720p. And this numbers are when im in creative sitting alone. If I play Arena or public i cant even get more than 100 fps wich is annoying.

 

It seems that I cant get more than 200 fps, even If i go with the 3D scale to the minimum.

 

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Is it my hardware that is defective or am I missing something. I have installed the drivers that are in Asus website, I tried to update them to the most recent ones but i get even worse fps.

 

Idk what to do anymore. I tried the new Bios and still nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm using the asus tuf fx505dd with a ryzen 5 350H and i also have the same issue. out of the box the temp will go up to 95C after i change the factory thermal paste it reduce quite a lot. now it max out around 91C and most of the time stay around 87C the in game fps also got more stable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Siker said:

That's quite impressive. Never got any kind of these amount of fps. I've had a concern about this laptop and would appreciate some feedback, does anyone have this issue where no matter what graphics settings you run in games you will get the same fps without any visible fps improvementa at all?

 

For example, if I run Destiny 2 or Dishonored 2 at Ultra, I get the exact same fps as in the lowest settings, wich makes no sense. On FF XV Windows edition, I only get a 20fps difference between Low(70-78fps) and Ultra(45-58)

 

And  Fortnite is the worse case. If I go from 1080p to 720p in low settings on everything i cant event get more than stable 150fps in 1080p. And 177fps in 720p. And this numbers are when im in creative sitting alone. If I play Arena or public i cant even get more than 100 fps wich is annoying.

 

It seems that I cant get more than 200 fps, even If i go with the 3D scale to the minimum.

 

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Is it my hardware that is defective or am I missing something. I have installed the drivers that are in Asus website, I tried to update them to the most recent ones but i get even worse fps.

 

Idk what to do anymore. I tried the new Bios and still nothing.

I've not experienced this, but I will perform some tests after work and let you know the results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bobbydigital said:

If you want give @Mamba#2901  in the Ryzen Discord the thanks, he is the one that provided this for us.

@Bobbydigital Thanks, I will join and drop him a message.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xBrettx said:

I've not experienced this, but I will perform some tests after work and let you know the results.

Appreciate this hommie. Also, what are the drivers have you installed from the Asus Website? Like not the AMD and Nvidia but the ArmouryCrate, Wifi  Bluetooth, Refreshrate and those things..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Siker said:

Appreciate this hommie. Also, what are the drivers have you installed from the Asus Website? Like not the AMD and Nvidia but the ArmouryCrate, Wifi  Bluetooth, Refreshrate and those things..

No worries, bro.

 

I will gather a full list of the system spec, including drivers, relevant programs ect.

 

Hopefully it's a case of proccess of elimination to determine the root of the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, xBrettx said:

No worries, bro.

 

I will gather a full list of the system spec, including drivers, relevant programs ect.

 

Hopefully it's a case of proccess of elimination to determine the root of the issue.

Legend. I hope so tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Siker said:

That's quite impressive. Never got any kind of these amount of fps. I've had a concern about this laptop and would appreciate some feedback, does anyone have this issue where no matter what graphics settings you run in games you will get the same fps without any visible fps improvementa at all?

 

For example, if I run Destiny 2 or Dishonored 2 at Ultra, I get the exact same fps as in the lowest settings, wich makes no sense. On FF XV Windows edition, I only get a 20fps difference between Low(70-78fps) and Ultra(45-58)

 

And  Fortnite is the worse case. If I go from 1080p to 720p in low settings on everything i cant event get more than stable 150fps in 1080p. And 177fps in 720p. And this numbers are when im in creative sitting alone. If I play Arena or public i cant even get more than 100 fps wich is annoying.

 

It seems that I cant get more than 200 fps, even If i go with the 3D scale to the minimum.

 

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Is it my hardware that is defective or am I missing something. I have installed the drivers that are in Asus website, I tried to update them to the most recent ones but i get even worse fps.

 

Idk what to do anymore. I tried the new Bios and still nothing.

That´s exctly what the issue was before the BIOS upgrade, I could run an old game at low settings and it would still throttle. Now I dont experience this at all. the GTX 1660 Ti Max Q is a capable card. 

 

Now I did notice some FPS drops after a while even after the bios Upgrade but really inconsistant. Like everything works frine until it doesnt, I restart the laptop and it works fine for a bit again. I´m still testing this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, xHyPnOtiZeDx said:

That´s exctly what the issue was before the BIOS upgrade, I could run an old game at low settings and it would still throttle. Now I dont experience this at all. the GTX 1660 Ti Max Q is a capable card. 

 

Now I did notice some FPS drops after a while even after the bios Upgrade but really inconsistant. Like everything works frine until it doesnt, I restart the laptop and it works fine for a bit again. I´m still testing this.

Interesting, how many hours of gaming did you do?

 

I've not experienced this myself yet.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, xBrettx said:

Interesting, how many hours of gaming did you do?

 

I've not experienced this myself yet.

 

 

That happened on the 3 match of pubg, not many hours. Now i´ve been playing for an hour. Occasional FPS drops kick in. from 95 fps to 7. but less frequent. There´s still something there that lowers the CPU to 400. I´ve noticed it on the Crate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, xHyPnOtiZeDx said:

That happened on the 3 match of pubg, not many hours. Now i´ve been playing for an hour. Occasional FPS drops kick in. from 95 fps to 7. but less frequent. There´s still something there that lowers the CPU to 400. I´ve noticed it on the Crate.

At least it's playable now though.

 

Have you removed the air vent covers yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, xBrettx said:

At least it's playable now though.

 

Have you removed the air vent covers yet?

I didnt repaste or removed covers as it will void warranty and I still havent decided if playable is what I had in mind when buying this laptop lol. I´ll keep monitoring it. I played splitgate now for an hour and it was very stable but that game is fairly light on resources. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xHyPnOtiZeDx said:

I didnt repaste or removed covers as it will void warranty and I still havent decided if playable is what I had in mind when buying this laptop lol. I´ll keep monitoring it. I played splitgate now for an hour and it was very stable but that game is fairly light on resources. 

yeah that's true, the customer should never experience these types of issues.

 

What's the most demanding game you play that has drops? - I think I'll install it and give it a test.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xBrettx said:

yeah that's true, the customer should never experience these types of issues.

 

What's the most demanding game you play that has drops? - I think I'll install it and give it a test.

I mainly want to play smooth pubg, have a go and see after few games some FPS drop comes around. I am getting GTFO and that will really test this machine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xHyPnOtiZeDx said:

I mainly want to play smooth pubg, have a go and see after few games some FPS drop comes around.

OK I'll get it installed after work and perform a few test games and feedback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xBrettx said:

OK I'll get it installed after work and perform a few test games and feedback.

Add me on steam mate, in fact anyone here is welcome to. I only really play PUBG and few other steam games on pc atm. Handle is: xHyPnOtiZeDx

 

GA502 game testing club lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×