PC fans making air very muggy and hard to breathe

Bruh_Gaming

Hello,

I'm using a Corsair H100i V2 watercooler to cool my CPU and only have one other 120mm PC case fan to cool the rest of the system.

After around 45 minutes of heavy use, the air in my room becomes very hot and horrible and makes it feel hard to breathe.

I know this is a fairly silly question to ask as it seems quite obvious that it'll happen with any solution involving fans - but is there any form of cooling I could use that wouldn't leave me in this situation?

Unfortunately I cannot open my windows nor keep the door open, so this room turns into a sauna fairly quickly.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't matter how you cool your PC, the heat will have to be transported somewhere and that somewhere will always be your room, unless you get very creative and throw a bunch of money at the problem.

Do you know if the actual heat is the problem or if it's the quality of the air? Because if it's just bad air, then you can combat that with air-filters.

Not really. The thing is that x watts of heat are being generated by your components. That heat will make its way into your room, regardless of the method you use to transfer it away from the component. The only thing you can do it attempt to reduce the heat output of your components in some method, such as undervolting or adjusting power limits down.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

All cooling methods involve removing heat from a PC and dumping it into the surrounding area. Unless you get very long water pipes and move the heat to a different room, you're out of luck.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Senzelian said:

Doesn't matter how you cool your PC, the heat will have to be transported somewhere and that somewhere will always be your room, unless you get very creative and throw a bunch of money at the problem.

Do you know if the actual heat is the problem or if it's the quality of the air? Because if it's just bad air, then you can combat that with air-filters.

Honestly I'm not too sure, all I know is that the air is fine until it's been on for a while. It's a fairly beefy rig so it gets really hot really quickly, but yeah everything is completely fine if it's been a few hours since the PC was in use!

2 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

Not really. The thing is that x watts of heat are being generated by your components. That heat will make its way into your room, regardless of the method you use to transfer it away from the component. The only thing you can do it attempt to reduce the heat output of your components in some method, such as undervolting or adjusting power limits down.

I've undervolted my CPU as much as I could - I'm on a Ryzen 9 3900X at 4GHz on all cores @ 1.175v with a GTX 1080 founder's edition that I haven't touched the voltage of, but overclocked it to it's maximum potential without changing voltage. Perhaps I should underclock both CPU and GPU?

1 minute ago, Bruh_Gaming said:

Honestly I'm not too sure, all I know is that the air is fine until it's been on for a while. It's a fairly beefy rig so it gets really hot really quickly, but yeah everything is completely fine if it's been a few hours since the PC was in use!

It might be that you have an allergic reaction to whatever is happening to the air when the PC is in use.

I've seen this happen before and also felt it before, but not to the extend that I would bother me too much.

I can't really tell you what's causing it tho. I'm obviously not a doctor. ? 

Not sure why the air would be "muggy". Unless some other factor is contributing here, the air coming out of your PC should be bone dry. After a long ass gaming session your room should be feel like a typical sunny day in Las Vegas. My recommendation? Get a small Vornado fan and point it straight at yourself at full blast.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

I can say that your PC is not the main issue. Fans are just circulating air. They don't add or take anything.

Unlike yourself. You are breathing and so using oxygen and producing carbon dioxide. If air inside the room doesn't get more oxygen to replace what you are using, air will get "muggy" and harder to breathe. Solutions: Open window, door or get another active way to circulate more oxygen in.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Maybe put some louver on your door/window. It will help recirculate air from your room without actually opening the door/window.

Well, only way I can understand this is that there is a heat and humidity problem here. Maybe even dust that gets circulated more with active fans.

Buy a basic digital temperature and humidity monitor and monitor the room conditions. Computer will heat up the room which will bring comfort down. And so will low or too high humidity. Ideal humidity range is between 40% and 60% for living quarters. Above this and it might feel like sauna, below this and it might feel dry and irritating.

If room is small, heat from coputer can cause body to release more water as well as with breathing itself which might increase humidity to uncomfortable levels.

If humidity is too high, there are dehumidifiers, chemical or electrical. If air is dry, there are also humidifiers. If temperature is the problem, only way to solve it is either recirculating air from elsewhere or using AC. Which will be a problem if you can't mount it anywhere to circulate air through it (usually exhausting hot air which is a side product of cooling with AC).

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

there are dehumidifiers

i feel like this might be your best option, but running a pc in an enclosed room is never a good idea 

i can barely run my laptop in my room with windows closed without it becoming a sauna

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

On 9/28/2019 at 3:44 PM, elqiaka said:

Maybe put some louver on your door/window. It will help recirculate air from your room without actually opening the door/window.

Speaking of doors, what would you guys suggest as a decent way to block off the top/bottom of a door to avoid sound leaking out?

6 hours ago, Bruh_Gaming said:

Speaking of doors, what would you guys suggest as a decent way to block off the top/bottom of a door to avoid sound leaking out?

You really don't want solution to your air quality issue? You actually ask how to make it worse?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, Bruh_Gaming said:

whats the reason to keep sound form escaping? if your using speakers uses headphones instead. and why cant a window be opened?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

whats the reason to keep sound form escaping? if your using speakers uses headphones instead. and why cant a window be opened?

Due to streaming - although I rarely shout/scream, I swear a lot - and the neighbours are outside most of the time, so having the windows open would likely get numerous complaints. For the door though, that's just to be respectful to others in the building.

4 hours ago, Bruh_Gaming said:

Due to streaming - although I rarely shout/scream, I swear a lot - and the neighbours are outside most of the time, so having the windows open would likely get numerous complaints. For the door though, that's just to be respectful to others in the building.

Blanket will block enough. It will also make air less likely to move. Just open window. Unless you are streaming in the middle of the night, I doubt you will get that much of complaining.

Or you can start looking for renting soundproof box with AC.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, Bruh_Gaming said:

by law your not allowed to block the bottom of the door for fire reasons. but hanging a blanket might work. adding a ac in the window would help you can sound proof that too.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links