Far Cry New Dawn Benchmark shows performance on Linux within 2% to 3% of performance on Windows

ryao
On 10/6/2019 at 7:17 PM, Crowbar said:

You can though. UI based distributions just require you to click "next" just like on windows. So you're still stuck clinging to an outdated narrative as an excuse.

Command line is still an option but not a requirement unless you are doing something outside of basic packages which in your example of an "office worker" is not the case.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:07 AM, jagdtigger said:

Say that to yourself as it was mentioned several times you do not need the terminal anymore. Stop spreading outdated information.

I've brought it up before (even in this thread, if I recall correctly), but I recently attempted to run Linux - Mint and Ubuntu - on my Ryzen embedded system and the only option to install the video driver was through the terminal/command line.  While I typically prefer a more manual approach to driver installation (I'll usually install from Device Manager, rather than from an installer if I can), and had no concerns with using the command line to install the driver in Linux (though I did run into plenty of issues), the fact is that you can't avoid it for everything.  Sometimes the CL is an absolute necessity still, and that is guaranteed to put most average people off.

18 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

the only option to install the video driver

AFAIK the linux kernel already has built in drivers for AMD graphics....

18 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Sometimes the CL is an absolute necessity still, and that is guaranteed to put most average people off.

Most average ppl wont even bother with driver installation. Just use whatever the OS came with and thats it.

Edited by jagdtigger

1 hour ago, jagdtigger said:

AFAIK the linux kernel already has built in drivers for AMD graphics....

Most average ppl wont even bother with driver installation. Just use whatever the OS came with and thats it.

So are you calling Jito a liar? 

This thread has quite  a few obviously knowledgeable people explaining legitimate issues they have had with Linux and the response is the same every time, ignore what was said and pretend it's not an issue.     And people told me I was wrong when I told them the Linux community does this. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

AFAIK the linux kernel already has built in drivers for AMD graphics

Not for the Ryzen embedded APU.  Admittedly it's a niche case, but it still happened.  For all I know, it may happen with the mobile and desktop APU's, also.