Best free AV software

realpetertdm

Which AV software (Free) do you recommend?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. AV software

I know everyone's gonna go "Bruh just use Windows Defender" so hear me out before writing, okay?

I go on a lot of sketchy websites and sometimes download sketchy stuff, usually downloading "free games" because I'm a poor gamer not that I can actually play those games because my PC is shit

I have gotten infected with malware in the past (due to clicking on sketchy links and never bothering to do a virus scan... I know, it's stupid, but I didn't know anything about tech at that time), and now I want to be more cautious with virus on my PC. I feel like Windows Defender isn't going to really work because the last time I actually got malware it didn't detect a single thing.

What would you recommend as a good antivirus/antimalware software solution? Free please because again, I'm poor. I'm currently using Kaspersky free + Malwarebytes, I've seen LTT's video with Bitdefender and Bitdefender seems like a solid solution too. I've used avast in the past but it had too many ads so I deleted it. What would you recommend?

iirc Linus made a vid on trying to break bitdefender and it was rock solid

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

It seems like you get a lot of malware, so you would need a anti-malware program too. I would recommend Malwarebytes for that, just reinstall in every 14 days and you have the PRO version with live threat detection etc.

Out of the quiz choices Kaspersky and bitdefender are the only real options, also Avast, i use the Avast Online Security chrome extension.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I don't care what your excuse is, you are wealthy enough to get the hardware and pay for an internet connection but apparently not wealthy enough to buy the (much cheaper) software. If you can't afford something you can't just take it, that's not how the world works dude.

Because of how I feel about free loading gamers, I recommend you install McAfee, and tick every option for every piece of additional software it offers you.

2 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

I don't care what your excuse is, you are wealthy enough to get the hardware and pay for an internet connection but apparently not wealthy enough to buy the (much cheaper) software. If you can't afford something you can't just take it, that's not how the world works dude.

Because of how I feel about free loading gamers, I recommend you install McAfee, and tick every option for every piece of additional software it offers you.

I'm a teenager, please enlighten me on how I can make minimum wage by illegally working at a dirty fast food joint

10 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

It seems like you get a lot of malware, so you would need a anti-malware program too. I would recommend Malwarebytes for that, just reinstall in every 14 days and you have the PRO version with live threat detection etc.

Out of the quiz choices Kaspersky and bitdefender are the only real options, also Avast, i use the Avast Online Security chrome extension.

Malwarebytes looks like a very solid software, it worked for me when I first got my malware

Would you recommend Kaspersky or Bitdefender?

13 minutes ago, realpetertdm said:

I'm a teenager, please enlighten me on how I can make minimum wage by illegally working at a dirty fast food joint

I was also a teenager at one point, I mowed lawns, cleaned houses, painted fences, basically did everything I could to work my ass off to buy the hardware and software I wanted at the time. You want things handed to you on a plate, but are not willing to go out and even START to try to do it your self otherwise you wouldn't have jumped to the "fast food joint" job, you'd already know there are a TON of things a teenager can do to make money...it's just that you don't want to do it, clearly.

"it's illegal for me to work"  well guess what buddy, it's also illegal to pirate video games, but your morals seem to be okay with that version of breaking the law.

Like I said, I don't give a shit that you are a teenager that can't work, that just means you have to miss out on having the nice things until you can afford them. Do you think that someone came up to 19 year old me one day and just GAVE me a sports car? Fuck no, I worked my ass off for years to be able to afford that car, same with my PC when I was 14, I worked solid for 6 weeks doing odd jobs around the neighborhood and then went to the PC shop and bought my components.

Turns out that some people are willing to work for their goals and dreams, others want to sit back and have them handed to them or take them for free.

21 minutes ago, realpetertdm said:

Malwarebytes looks like a very solid software, it worked for me when I first got my malware

Would you recommend Kaspersky or Bitdefender?

They are both great and terrible at the same time. Both have great detection, butKaspersky can't seem to make up their mind what will be their free product and some stuff in them is just straight up weird and annoying as hell. Bitdefender on the other hand, HTTP scanner is slow and their free version is just straight up weird in terms of lack of any kind of changelogs for it, what it supports when new OS comes out and just absolute lack of any kind of communication for it. Oh, so there was an update for it. Not even god himself and its programmers know what the fuck was released in it tho. And it's plagued with bizarre problems like having file extensions randomly enabled by it for no logical reason. And since there aren't any changelogs or info I have absolutely zero clue if they fixed that crap or not.

avast!, while some popups are a bit annoying at times, at least has this shit sorted out. They regularly keep things in check on their forums, developers hang there, they keep history, changelogs, links, the lot. I have to give them credit for that because very few companies keep things so well organized when you need to find any kind of info or solve a problem with their program.

8 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

I was also a teenager at one point, I mowed lawns, cleaned houses, painted fences, basically did everything I could to work my ass off to buy the hardware and software I wanted at the time. You want things handed to you on a plate, but are not willing to go out and even START to try to do it your self otherwise you wouldn't have jumped to the "fast food joint" job, you'd already know there are a TON of things a teenager can do to make money...it's just that you don't want to do it, clearly.

"it's illegal for me to work"  well guess what buddy, it's also illegal to pirate video games, but your morals seem to be okay with that version of breaking the law.

Like I said, I don't give a shit that you are a teenager that can't work, that just means you have to miss out on having the nice things until you can afford them. Do you think that someone came up to 19 year old me one day and just GAVE me a sports car? Fuck no, I worked my ass off for years to be able to afford that car, same with my PC when I was 14, I worked solid for 6 weeks doing odd jobs around the neighborhood and then went to the PC shop and bought my components.

Turns out that some people are willing to work for their goals and dreams, others want to sit back and have them handed to them or take them for free.

How do I find a lawn near me? I live in a 600000 people inhabited city placed right next to a metropolis. Can you find a lawn for me? I would love to work to earn my own money. 

Yes, I legally cannot work for anything except unpaid volunteer work.

Regulations differ by country, mate. Don't assume that everyone lives in a suburban US neighborhood.

Didn't you see the news.topic? Windows Defender performs better. Than the freeware junk like AVG, Avast, McAfee and etc. Use that, it's superior

Just now, realpetertdm said:

How do I find a lawn near me? I live in a 600000 people inhabited city placed right next to a metropolis. Can you find a lawn for me? I would love to work to earn my own money. 

Yes, I legally cannot work for anything except unpaid volunteer work.

Regulations differ by country, mate. Don't assume that everyone lives in a suburban US neighborhood.

You live in a city with 600k people and you can't work out a SINGLE way to earn a little money. You are not me you don't have to mow lawns or paint fences, you can come up with your own Ideas. 

I notice you don't want to explain why you are okay breaking a law that benefits you, but not breaking a law that means work for you. 

As for your last comment, I am also not in the US, and I don't live in surbibia, I also grew up in a city, but guess what! That didn't stop me. 

Like I said before, start with checking your attitude. I am giving you shit because you deserve it for happily saying that you need help with your illegal activities in a public forum. 

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Didn't you see the news.topic? Windows Defender performs better. Than the freeware junk like AVG, Avast, McAfee and etc. Use that, it's superior

See original post

1 minute ago, FlappyBoobs said:

You live in a city with 600k people and you can't work out a SINGLE way to earn a little money. You are not me you don't have to mow lawns or paint fences, you can come up with your own Ideas. 

I notice you don't want to explain why you are okay breaking a law that benefits you, but not breaking a law that means work for you. 

As for your last comment, I am also not in the US, and I don't live in surbibia, I also grew up in a city, but guess what! That didn't stop me. 

Like I said before, start with checking your attitude. I am giving you shit because you deserve it for happily saying that you need help with your illegal activities in a public forum. 

Yes. As far as I know nobody can hire me, I don't have a lawn, I earn most of my money through pocket money and presents from relatives (most of which goes to college funds and stuff anyway). Everyone here lives in an apartment if you didn't notice already, how do I "paint" a fence when the fences are owned by the city government? I'm coming up blank here.

For reference the only way I actually earn money is either by presents or watching 30 second ads and getting 50 cents per ad, very lucrative job and enough to pay $60 for an AAA title

My playtime on my "hacked" games is 20 hours or lower, and I've "cracked" 3 titles only, one of which is a console exclusive.

Stop thinking that everyone lives in the same type of situation as you. Unless you actually live in my country and know how it works then I do think you should be quiet.

IDK if it is still good, haven't had a PC in almost 2 years....but I used to use COMODO Internet Security, which is free.  Never got any viruses or anything bad like that......but again, that was like 2 years ago.

5 minutes ago, realpetertdm said:

Yes. As far as I know nobody can hire me, I don't have a lawn, I earn most of my money through pocket money and presents from relatives (most of which goes to college funds and stuff anyway). Everyone here lives in an apartment if you didn't notice already, how do I "paint" a fence when the fences are owned by the city government? I'm coming up blank here.

Then you do something that suits your current environment. It's not hard to do, hell you could just talk to your parents about taking on more responsibility in order to increase your pocket money, that's an easy one. Take something they pay for already, and do for them instead. Or you go somewhere where your work IS needed.

Stop thinking that everyone lives in the same type of situation as you. Unless you actually live in my country and know how it works then I do think you should be quiet.

I am not thinking that at all. I am saying that I was also once a teenager with the same opportunities as you. You seem to be stuck on the fact that I painted fences and mowed lawns...But I also cleaned houses and apartments (people live in your city right? so then they need cleaning services!) I just told you what I did, you can come up with your own suggestions. People own pets in your city right? so look after them, walk dogs etc. You could also start up your own magazine, online or paper, you could create a mobile app to generate revenue, start a you tube channel...any thing that makes you money you can give it a try but you have tried NOTHING and then expect something to come out of it. 

Telling me to be quiet because I got on you case about the fact you want help with freeloading just makes me laugh. The situation I am in was not luck or circumstances, it was hard work and effort and it started when I was at an age where working in my country was illegal. Also like I mentioned, I grew up in a city, it also had no gardens or fences, so you know what I did? I got on my fucking bike and I rode to an area where they DID have gardens and fences and started asking them if they would like to employ cheap labor. 

All of this is besides the point, you still shouldn't be stealing software, and using "it's against the law for me to earn money" as an excuse to break the law is just hypocritical. 

1 hour ago, realpetertdm said:

What would you recommend? 

not doing this shit.

1 hour ago, realpetertdm said:

I go on a lot of sketchy websites and sometimes download sketchy stuff, usually downloading "free games" because I'm a poor gamer

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

Then you do something that suits your current environment. It's not hard to do, hell you could just talk to your parents about taking on more responsibility in order to increase your pocket money, that's an easy one. Take something they pay for already, and do for them instead. Or you go somewhere where your work IS needed.

I am not thinking that at all. I am saying that I was also once a teenager with the same opportunities as you. You seem to be stuck on the fact that I painted fences and mowed lawns...But I also cleaned houses and apartments (people live in your city right? so then they need cleaning services!) I just told you what I did, you can come up with your own suggestions. People own pets in your city right? so look after them, walk dogs etc. You could also start up your own magazine, online or paper, you could create a mobile app to generate revenue, start a you tube channel...any thing that makes you money you can give it a try but you have tried NOTHING and then expect something to come out of it. 

Telling me to be quiet because I got on you case about the fact you want help with freeloading just makes me laugh. The situation I am in was not luck or circumstances, it was hard work and effort and it started when I was at an age where working in my country was illegal. Also like I mentioned, I grew up in a city, it also had no gardens or fences, so you know what I did? I got on my fucking bike and I rode to an area where they DID have gardens and fences and started asking them if they would like to employ cheap labor. 

All of this is besides the point, you still shouldn't be stealing software, and using "it's against the law for me to earn money" as an excuse to break the law is just hypocritical. 

My parents usually do most of the cleaning & chores (because it's an apartment, remember, it's small so there's not much to do)

People need cleaning services... so? Why would people hire someone to clean their house when most people clean their houses themselves anyway and they can always call professionals?

"look after pets" Yeah pet hotels (they exist) and pet hospitals already do that, and you think I'm some kind of guy who has free time lying around

"walk dogs" It's not that easy again, there are already plenty of people who do that and most people just walk their pets themselves

"start my own magazine or website" yes my amazing wordpress blog will generate tons of revenue

"make an app" So you're now telling me that I need to invest months of time (that I do not have) to learn to code?

"Start a youtube channel" Like it's that easy lmao (and have you seen my PC specs lol) also note that there are tons of complicated stuff with AdSense and YouTube ad revenue

I've already tried doing youtube, you think it's easy as just shipping stock gameplay

It's a 20 minute bus ride to the nearest area that might actually need any "services" and then again *I simply do not have the time*

At this point I won't be surprised if you're a boomer, sorry mate but this is 2019

And you're literally recommending McAfee lul

I've been using 360 Total Security Essential (the Essential version is better since the full version has a bunch of useless things and thus is heavier) for over 2 years. It uses the Bitdefender engine (you have to trun it on manually after installation), so I guess it's good. Haven't had a problem, but I only download torrents from trused websites (yes I'm talking about pirating).

Main PC: Acer IPISB-VR│Intel Xeon E3-1270 3.4GHz│AeroCool AirFrost 4 with Noctua NF-A9│16GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│nVidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB│Cricual MX500 250GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm + Seagate 1TB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows 11 Pro│CoolerMaster Silencio 352M│Seasonic M12II-520 EVO 520W│Acer SA220Q 22" 1920x1080

Secondary PC: MSI H81M-P33│Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz│DeepCool Ice Edge Mini FS V2│16GB DDR3 1866MHz (1600MHz) Dual-channel│AMD R9 270 2GB│WD Green 120GB SSD + Seagate 1TB│Windows 11 Pro│Acer Aspire M1930 case│CoolerMaster B500 v2 500W│Samsung S19B300 1366x768 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768

Test PC/Nice XP PC: ASUS M2N│AMD Athlon64 x2 6000+ 3.1GHz│CoolerMaster unkown model│4GB DDR2 800MHz│nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB│Hitachi Deskstar 80GB 7200rpm + WD Raptor 74GB 10000 rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64 + Windows XP Pro SP3│TurboX Case│Zalman 450W│LG Flatron L1718S 17" 1280x1024

Future workshop PC: ASUS M4N68T-M-V2│AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8GHz│Some 130W tower cooler│8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual-channel│AMD Radeon HD4670 512MB│Samsung Spinpoint 640GB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 + Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit│Medion MD8840 case│Antec VP350P 350W│Lenovo L220x. 22" 1920x1200

HTPC: HP Elite 8200 USDT│Intel Core i7-2600s 2.8GHz│6GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD Graphics 2000│WD Blue 1TB 5400rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64│JVC LT-32VF30K 32" 1920x1080

New Main laptop: HP ProBook 455 G9│AMD Ryzen 5 2625U 2.3GHz│16GB DDR4 3200MHz│AMD Radeon RX Vega 7│1TB NVMe SSD│Win 11 Pro│15.6" 1920x1080
Old Main laptop: HP EliteBook 8470p│Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz│16GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD4000 Graphics│Kingston 240GB SSD│Win 7 Pro x64│14.1" 1600x900

Secondary laptop: HP EliteBook 8470p│Intel Corei7-3520M 2.9GHz│8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD4000 Graphics│2 x Crucial BX500 500GB SSDs│Win 7 Pro x64│14.1" 1600x900

Main phone: Sony Xperia X CompactOther phones: Sony Xperia L3, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (x2){and both are dead now}, Sony Xperia E3, Sony Xperia Tipo + 12 more (not going not list everything)

Most other PCs and laptops I own:

Spoiler

Small laptop: Acer Aspire One D255│Intel Atom N550 1.5GHz│2GB DDR3 1333MHz│Intel GMA3150 256MB│Western Digital 500GB 5400rpm KingDian S100 32GB Apacer AS350X 120GB SSD│Win 7 Ultimate x64 & Win 10 Pro x64 Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit & Q4OS│10.1" 1024x600

Old secondary PC: ASUS A7V8X-X│AMD Sempron 3000+ 2.0GHz│Titan CPU Cooler│1.75GB DDR 400MHz│nVidia GeForce FX5700LE 256MB│2 x WesternDigital 40GB 7200rpm (sadly one seems to be dead)│Windows XP Pro SP3│Some case│Codegen 300XA 350W│Dell E173FP 17" 1280x1024 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768Philips 200P4 20" 1600x1200

"The Old" PC: eMachines eTower 466i│Intel Celeron 466MHz│512MB RAM PC133│nVidia GeForce FX5200 128MB PCI ATi 3D Rage Pro AGP 2x_ 4MB│Seagate Baracuda 40GB 7200rpm│Windows 98SE & Windows XP Pro SP3│IBM P50 14" 1024x768 CRT

"The Floppy" laptop: Clevo 2700C│Intel Pentium III 1.1GHz│512MB PC133 SDRAM│SiS 630 32MB shared│Samsung 40GB│Windows XP Pro SP3│15" 1024x768

"The P4" laptop: HP Pavillion ZD8000│Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz│2GB DDR2 666MHz Dual-channel│ATi Mobility Radeon X600 256MB│Seagate 100GB│Windows XP Pro SP3│17" 1440x900

Dell laptop: Dell Latitude D600│Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz│1.5GB DDR 333MHz│ATi Mobility Radeon 9000 64MB│40GB IDE│Windows XP Pro SP3│14.1"  1400x1050

Future workshop PC (dead): MSI MS-7302│Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz│Stock cooler│3GB DDR2 800MHz│AMD Radeon HD7470 2GB│Samsung Spinpoint 640GB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 + Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit│Medion MD8840│FSP Group 250W│Samsung SyncMaster 730bf 17" 1280x1024

Old Secondary PC: HP IPISB-CH│Intel Core i5-2320 3GHz│DeepCool Ice Edge Mini FS V2│8GB DDR3 1333MHz│AMD R9 270 2GB│WD Green 120GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB 2.5"│Windows 7 Ultimate x64│Acer Aspire M1930│CoolerMaster B500 v2 500W│Samsung S19B300 1366x768 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768

No such thing as a "good" free AV exist.

My opinion

Edit: Your title is misleading! Are you talking about free or paid or both AV?

Plus you're missing quite a few AVs in your list.

GData, Panda, etc.

1 hour ago, FlappyBoobs said:

^This^

@OP

The fact your that ignorant and so quick to say "There is no work" and "It's illegal at my age" is humorous. Also, posting this stating you pirate software what type of replies did you expect? 

Life isn't fair and things aren't going to get handed to you. I don't mean to come off as a prick, but you should work on your work ethic before you are stuck at a dead-end job hating your life. Be self-sufficient and work for what you want. It feels damn good to finally get something you've wanted and have been working hard for. There is no excuse for not being able to work. Even if it's something you don't like/don't want to do that's just life. Life isn't fair and if you want nice things and to be successful you need to put in the blood, sweat, and tears to get there. 

Best of luck, I hope you realize you can work. You can do anything you want in life as long as your dedicated... 

*Edit: You watch ads for money? Why not create a simple AHK script to automate it. Just my two sense.

Processor: Intel i7 11700k MemoryCorsair Vengeance 4x4GB 3200MHZ Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 AORUS Elite Graphics card: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme Edition Storage: x2 120gb SSD, 1tb Samsung Evo, 2TB HDD Case: Corsair 400C Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Display's: AOC AG493UCX 49"  Ultra Wide 5120x1440 at 120hz, IPad Mini with Duet Display.

User behaviour is the most important factor when it comes to avoiding malware. No AV software is invincible, regardless of its price.

Besides being illegal, downloading cracked software can easily lead to your PC becoming infected. If you really are on such a tight budget and cannot for whatever reason generate additional income (legally of course), then I suggest you watch out for sales/giveaways of games on platforms such as Steam. There are tons of older games that are still great fun today and are a real bargain.

Look at this guy, Would you trust him with your system ? (p.s I know he has nothing to do with the company any longer). 

On a serious note, I've always used bit defender for systems I connect to networks/storage in which I do not know much about (When helping with systems). 

john-mcafee-burning-money.jpg

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Do people still do door to door lawn mowing/snow shoveling? I know my area (gated community go me for working hard) The kids almost weekly come by because they know id rather pay them $10-20 to mow and shovel than me go out and do it. This is Canada and I am not sure how the USA is on that sort of thing. I did that when I was younger and also a paper route and it paid for my original xbox and first pc back with pentiums lol. 

-Locked-

This has turned into an argument session and is just touching the line of piracy that I don't want to go any further.

OP, leave out any illegal details in your future posts.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P