Need a prebuilt server with as similar performance as possible

Need a new server with as similar performance to the DELL EMC T440/8c/16gb/600gb/H730P+/16SFF.

We already have the DELL EMC T440 and my boss wants a diffrent one with similar specs. And im just the intern at the company and dont know much about servers yet.

Edited by StorPonke
more info

Does he want a rack server or a tower server, like the one you have in your post? I'd have a look at HPE servers. They tend to be more expensive than DELL servers, but they're rock solid and HPE provides good support.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

35 minutes ago, StorPonke said:

We already have the DELL EMC T440 and my boss wants a diffrent one with similar specs. And im just the intern at the company and dont know much about servers yet.

What's the issue with the T440? Is it just old and due for replacement?

39 minutes ago, leadeater said:

nothing is wrong with it he just wants a similar one but not that one. i asume it's to try other brands.

53 minutes ago, leadeater said:

T440 and old shouldn't be in the same sentence ?

Only kidding...I think if I recall you are HP mostly? Sorry if I'm miles off the mark there, been a while since I hung around here properly! ?

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

10 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

T440 and old shouldn't be in the same sentence ?

Yea, I know it's Skylake-SP but like..... maybe they got it with only 1 year warranty? ?. Few reasons I can think of to be wanting to get rid of it, other than need rackmount.

17 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

I think if I recall you are HP mostly?

HPE and older IBM/Lenovo M2/3/4 generation.

26 minutes ago, StorPonke said:

nothing is wrong with it he just wants a similar one but not that one. i asume it's to try other brands.

Unless there is an issue with it, like form factor, there's no reason to replace it. Everything is very much the same. HPE ML330/350 Gen10, Lenovo ST550 for example will give you nothing different.

3 hours ago, bruny06 said:

Does he want a rack server or a tower server, like the one you have in your post? I'd have a look at HPE servers. They tend to be more expensive than DELL servers, but they're rock solid and HPE provides good support.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

Everything is very much the same. HPE ML330/350 Gen10, Lenovo ST550 for example will give you nothing different.

Thank you! i Found a reputable HPE reseller im my area.

7 hours ago, StorPonke said:

Thank you! i Found a reputable HPE reseller im my area.

Yeah basically all you need to do is talk to an HPE/Lenovo dealer, and say "I want an HPE server that matches these specs as closely as possible". Do the same with Lenovo. You could try other server brands too but frankly HPE is the other big daddy aside from Dell so I'd stick with that.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)