YouTube premium has ads?

I was listening to music tonight and i noticed an ad on YouTube. I was really confused because I thought my subscription was still good. As seen on the photos my subscription is good and YouTube premium is supposed to be add free. This seems to be false advertising 

20190401_234516.jpg

20190401_234533.jpg

charge your phone my friend

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Not tech news subforum rules compliant.... status update material?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Are you American/were you not in the us/were you using a VPN? It doesn't work outside of the states

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

7 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Are you American/were you not in the us/were you using a VPN? It doesn't work outside of the states

False. Is available in the uk

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

I noticed earlier today that youtube seemed to be confused as to whether I was signed in or not. On the same page I saw Premium, as well as Log In. I could save to my watch later list, but couldn’t open the sidebar and see my playlists. The home page showed recommendations that were completely generic. When I tried to log in, it failed a few times. All this is to say, maybe the same happened to you for the period where the player checks if it should show an ad.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

5 minutes ago, brwainer said:

I noticed earlier today that youtube seemed to be confused as to whether I was signed in or not. On the same page I saw Premium, as well as Log In. I could save to my watch later list, but couldn’t open the sidebar and see my playlists. The home page showed recommendations that were completely generic. When I tried to log in, it failed a few times. All this is to say, maybe the same happened to you for the period where the player checks if it should show an ad.

Someone on a Discord I'm in had their Google Pay unable to log in properly. It looks like Google had some issues today. 

29 minutes ago, jamesrauser said:

I was listening to music tonight and i noticed an ad on YouTube. I was really confused because I thought my subscription was still good. As seen on the photos my subscription is good and YouTube premium is supposed to be add free. This seems to be false advertising 

20190401_234516.jpg

20190401_234533.jpg

i was just about to post this

It's a bug within YouTube. Contact YT support to let them know your account is affected, it's a well known issue. 

I've never experienced this problem on mobile (Thankfully!!), but I have had ads appear in videos in Youtube on my Samsung TV. Usually it happens after the application has been open for a long time, so I just turn the TV off and back on and then I'm not getting ads anymore.

This can be really frustrating, though, I understand since you are paying for a premium service that is supposed to be AD FREE.

7 hours ago, fasauceome said:

charge your phone my friend

I had excessive drain yesterday (about 20% in like 90 minutes) so I was killing it.

7 hours ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

I'm an American that has never been outside the country yet and I don't have a VPN yet.

1 hour ago, FlappyBoobs said:

It's a bug within YouTube. Contact YT support to let them know your account is affected, it's a well known issue. 

Thanks for informing me since I have college in 30 minutes I was trying to get to bed last night so I didn't have time to look into it

Probably a bug I had an ad appear once in a video you just call google support and notify them. They have had other incidents.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240