Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D13H4RD

Canon officially announces the EOS RP - A full-frame mirrorless camera starting at $1299

On 2/14/2019 at 1:58 PM, rcmaehl said:

Wouldn't a mirror-less camera be better for capturing high FPS footage/several dozen images in a short period while still being able to display an image in the view finder.

The mirror doesn't move when capturing footage, it stays in the up position. 

With images, I believe the limit is usually the processor and buffer, DSLRs can go up to around 14fps burst but i'm pretty sure the mirror actually stays in the up position when doing burst photography at those kinds of speeds anyway. 

5 hours ago, Camoxide said:

The mirror doesn't move when capturing footage, it stays in the up position. 

With images, I believe the limit is usually the processor and buffer, DSLRs can go up to around 14fps burst but i'm pretty sure the mirror actually stays in the up position when doing burst photography at those kinds of speeds anyway. 

If it does when you do burst, you see nothing in ovf, different from mirrorless and evf :)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking