Nvidia be shitting bricks right about now or in a few months.

Galion

If AMD's rumored leaks are to be believed their RX 3080 8gb will be matching Nvidia's rtx 2070 8gb by 5-10% and at $300.

Nvidia's 2000 series may have painted themselves into a corner, with the price and ray tracing problems. 

Even if Nvidia can lower their prices I don't believe they can kill off $150 - $180 their retail price. 

AMD please don't disappoint us and make Nvidia shit bricks for once, 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

2 minutes ago, Galion said:

If AMD's rumored leaks are to be believed their RX 3080 8gb will be matching Nvidia's rtx 2070 8gb by 5-10% and at $300.

Proof? Do you have any links?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

And that's why it's called rumours just watch YouTube ryzen vids

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

Still no competition for the GTX 1080 Ti

AdoredTV is not a reliable source for leaks, they'll hype AMD any day.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

Still no competition for the GTX 1080 Ti

AdoredTV is not a reliable source for leaks, they'll hype AMD any day.

Yeah but he got rtx and Ryzen right

Best Value Build List

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT....if the cards perform as well as they taunt it to be...it will not be 300$ ;)

Same goes for the rumored incredible Ryzen 3000 CPU's...if they beat intel (finally) they will be priced accordingly...AMD isn't dumb, and if one company need the money it's AMD.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

I must say that it would be nice if this is true, but at the same time even these roumors show that AMD is at least a generation behind nividea as they are building a card to rival a 1080 which isn't even the top teir card from nividea, so despite it looking cheap and powerful, they will only get the lower end of the market, nividea still has the proformance side like AI, as their cards no matter how you look at it are faster.

Side note I also hate/love the new naming scheme, I hate it as not their next gen CPUs will have very similar names to their GPUs which will be a fucking pain, that being said the cards have a bigger number than nividea so they must be better :P 

References I found

https://wccftech.com/amd-rx-3080-3070-3060-navi-gpu-specs-prices-leaked-rtx-2070-gtx-1070-gtx-1060-challengers-at-249-199-129/

https://www.pcbuildersclub.com/en/2018/12/amd-navi-rx-3080-allegedly-as-fast-as-rtx-2070-costs-250-us/

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT....if the cards perform as well as they taunt it to be...it will not be 300$ ;)

Same goes for the rumored incredible Ryzen 3000 CPU's...if they beat intel (finally) they will be priced accordingly...AMD isn't dumb, and if one company need the money it's AMD.

Hahaha I agree they going to need every cent they earn to keep their graphics department alive but with 7nm they finally lowered their power draw

Best Value Build List

7 minutes ago, Galion said:

And that's why it's called rumours just watch YouTube ryzen vids

Even I could make a video any day saying whatever I want, rumours aren't always true. There's a rumour that AMD will release a 16c/32t 5GHz CPU for $500 and afaik, that's BS. 

And Nvidia won't be shitting bricks, especially at the high end of the market. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

one thing here especially on the CPU side, I can maybe see them under pricing them as AMD still doesn't have significant market share, and by underpricing them they just make thier CPUs look even better, also note that intel has better IPC than AMD at the moment so intel might still be faster in single core proformance. Also you don't want to over price them as it's better to sell in volume than to sell just a few so they might still under price them in order to entise people to upgrade spending more money

That being said the ryzen 3000 series romours are too my eyes almost fantasys so I doubt that they are acurate yet, especially the core cound as this would mean the AM4 socket and the origional chipset would both be able to support 16 Cores and 32 threads which I don't think will be possible. Same time AMD could  of planned for this so I could be wrong

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

6 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

one thing here especially on the CPU side, I can maybe see them under pricing them as AMD still doesn't have significant market share, and by underpricing them they just make thier CPUs look even better, also note that intel has better IPC than AMD at the moment so intel might still be faster in single core proformance. Also you don't want to over price them as it's better to sell in volume than to sell just a few so they might still under price them in order to entise people to upgrade spending more money

That being said the ryzen 3000 series romours are too my eyes almost fantasys so I doubt that they are acurate yet, especially the core cound as this would mean the AM4 socket and the origional chipset would both be able to support 16 Cores and 32 threads which I don't think will be possible. Same time AMD could  of planned for this so I could be wrong

16 cores 32 threads on AM4 would be a dream I wouldn't mind buying a new board if it's real it make my engineering design studies and work so much faster and cheaper Intel x series sell for $9k

And as AMD's EPYIC die models shows the ryzen chips are the chiplet that failed the binning and made into the ryzen 3000 processors

Best Value Build List

Amd will forever be subpar. No bricks for nvidia. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Didn't AdoredTV have like, two sets of predictions for RTX so that whatever happened he couldn't be wrong?

I think I'm actually going to save all his Ryzen predictions and open up the folder in a year to check what was initially hyped and leaked vs. what we will be actually getting. Of course by that time he may post three other videos with "corrected" predictions so who knows :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

24 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Are you sure?

Because at least in the CPU department AMD has actually been doing rather well, Ryzen is very competitive with Intel and while yes they still slip behind in gaming and single thread performance they still have mutli thread performance that come very close to Intel.

I mean if you look at some of the benchmarks between the Ryzen 7 2700 and the i9 9900k they actually square off nicely.

Sure you may not want a R7 2700 for gaming and yes the i7 9700k would actually be more ideal for this task but if the most you can afford for a processor is below $300 you could opt for the 2700 and would still be fine if one can find it for cheap.

Plus one forgets you still need a Z390 motherboard to take advantage of the i7 9700k and some of those are quitre pricy while for AMD ryzen overclocking you only need a updated B350 or B450 mobo.

So yeah there is still a lot of good price to performance here, sure it still loses out on gaming but its still not a bad option (though the Ryzen 5 2600 might be more ideal if you are trying to save a buck as that has surprisingly good gaming performance, again it still doesnt beat the i7 but damn is it a good value processor)

As for GPU's I really dont care if AMD will beat nvidia if comparing to the 1080Ti but the very least they can do is offer something close to the 1080.

I mean they almost did so with Vega

4 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Are you sure?

Because at least in the CPU department AMD has actually been doing rather well, Ryzen is very competitive with Intel and while yes they still slip behind in gaming and single thread performance they still have mutli thread performance that come very close to Intel.

I mean if you look at some of the benchmarks between the Ryzen 7 2700 and the i9 9900k they actually square off nicely.

Sure you may not want a R7 2700 for gaming and yes the i7 9700k would actually be more ideal for this task but if the most you can afford for a processor is below $300 you could opt for the 2700 and would still be fine if one can find it for cheap.

Plus one forgets you still need a Z390 motherboard to take advantage of the i7 9700k and some of those are quitre pricy while for AMD ryzen overclocking you only need a updated B350 or B450 mobo.

So yeah there is still a lot of good price to performance here, sure it still loses out on gaming but its still not a bad option (though the Ryzen 5 2600 might be more ideal if you are trying to save a buck as that has surprisingly good gaming performance, again it still doesnt beat the i7 but damn is it a good value processor)

As for GPU's I really dont care if AMD will beat nvidia if comparing to the 1080Ti but the very least they can do is offer something close to the 1080.

I mean they almost did so with Vega

Well the post isn’t about cpus, nor does intel have a gpu to compare. 

So for the context, yes I’m sure. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Well never say never, hey AMD may have a rabbit to pull out of its hat you dont know.

Granted its too early to tell and no benchmarks but if Vega is to go anything by it does look like its plausible.

The issues with Vega were mainly I think from AMD trying out HBM for the first time, as otherwise Vega was not a bad attempt it just didnt do as well as expected plus the cost of HBM is a factor on why it failed outside of its GTX1070 style performance.

I mean it does make very good integrated graphics so it wasnt a total waste, I know Vega has its flaws but it was a step in the right direction.

If anything i think Nvidia is having it worse with RTX, they are not doing as well as Nvidia planned and I think if things are not fully fixed here in the next year RTX may have the same fate as Vega.

Until AMD can break into the 2080 - 2080ti (not including RT) performance catagory Nvidia doesn't have anything to worry about.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

LOL the. Thing about. Fate is she loves to screw with ppl like you, once you think you know something. 

Bang here comes fate, AMD does have a card to match the 1080ti but they chose to use it in engineering and not gaming, it's not Tha amd is subpar but amd is smarter by attacking the engineering market rather then the gaming. 

Gaming is but 18% of the cpu or gpu market, they rather sell in bulk then rather 1 buyer at a time and AMD  knows that 60% of gamers go for low to mid range cards. 

As a CEO of the company he has to see the big picture just as amd did with their EPYIC  launch

Best dies for EPYIC then bin the lower binned chiplet into ryzen so as to not waste the materals

Same with NAVI  the best dies for NAVI 60/70 then bin the rest into what you see 3060,3070,3080

Best Value Build List

13 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Well never say never, hey AMD may have a rabbit to pull out of its hat you dont know.

Granted its too early to tell and no benchmarks but if Vega is to go anything by it does look like its plausible.

The issues with Vega were mainly I think from AMD trying out HBM for the first time, as otherwise Vega was not a bad attempt it just didnt do as well as expected plus the cost of HBM is a factor on why it failed outside of its GTX1070 style performance.

I mean it does make very good integrated graphics so it wasnt a total waste, I know Vega has its flaws but it was a step in the right direction.

If anything i think Nvidia is having it worse with RTX, they are not doing as well as Nvidia planned and I think if things are not fully fixed here in the next year RTX may have the same fate as Vega.

Regarding HBM2 AMD's has realized that it's more suitable for other use rather then gaming and has chosen to reserve it for the workload that is more suited

Best Value Build List

1 minute ago, Galion said:

Regarding HBM2 AMD's has realized that it's more suitable for other use rather then gaming and has chosen to reserve it for the workload that is more suited

Indeed, I mean i cant really fault AMD here too much, sure again Vega wasnt the best they could do but I see Vega still a good option for integrated GPU's and is still a step up from the old radeons.

Hopefully 7nm will be what pushes AMD into the high end. Fingers crossed. I'd hate to be the guy that pays nvidia $1000 for something I can get for $500 from AMD.

For gaming and professional purposes unless AMD is able to beat nvidia though, I don't see how they are able to gain back market share. Nvidia is dominant because they hold the high end and programs have been designed to use their gpus specifically. Of course, now you have microsoft's ray tracing api which will hopefully be not complete garbage in terms of performance.

But if history is anything to go by, AMD has had competing products across nearly all generations, just at a slightly worse power draw and only at the mid range or lower. Who knows? Granted, their CPU and GPU departments are separate but maybe they'll be able to pull off Navi as they did with Ryzen :) 

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

1 minute ago, MadmanRB said:

Indeed, I mean i cant really fault AMD here too much, sure again Vega wasnt the best they could do but I see Vega still a good option for integrated GPU's and is still a step up from the old radeons.

Actually they didn't lose, the problem is everyone went overclocking and not under volting I learned from my cousin that my uncle's vega 56 competes with a GTX 1070 without even overclocking by undervolting and letting it boost on it's own. 

Best Value Build List

14 minutes ago, Galion said:

LOL the. Thing about. Fate is she loves to screw with ppl like you, once you think you know something. 

Bang here comes fate, AMD does have a card to match the 1080ti but they chose to use it in engineering and not gaming, it's not Tha amd is subpar but amd is smarter by attacking the engineering market rather then the gaming. 

Gaming is but 18% of the cpu or gpu market, they rather sell in bulk then rather 1 buyer at a time and AMD  knows that 60% of gamers go for low to mid range cards. 

As a CEO of the company he has to see the big picture just as amd did with their EPYIC  launch

Best dies for EPYIC then bin the lower binned chiplet into ryzen so as to not waste the materals

Same with NAVI  the best dies for NAVI 60/70 then bin the rest into what you see 3060,3070,3080

I don’t really care about fate or what amd has to offer. I don’t go buying every single piece of hardware. So all the new stuff from any company is the same to me. Fate is also a dumb context as I’m not leaving anything to it so it has nothing to do with people like me. 

If the rumor or best case scenario is the AMD will come out with a GPU that will compete with a 2070/1080 next year, that is sad.  A new GPU at the top of the product stack competing with the competitions 2 year old 2nd best card is nothing to brag or be happy about.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

17 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

If the rumor or best case scenario is the AMD will come out with a GPU that will compete with a 2070/1080 next year, that is sad.  A new GPU at the top of the product stack competing with the competitions 2 year old 2nd best card is nothing to brag or be happy about.

That or just fix Vega, which is fine with less voltage. They had competition but it was rushed.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad