9ine04

Shawy

Here is my watercooled 904, i like the ideas you have and hopefully you can pull it off. 

Nice to see someone else attempting to watercool this case. :)

Update time!

I've got my hands on most of my components now - just waiting on my radiators, fittings and tubing. Fittings wont be here until at least the end of the month :( but hopefully I can get everything ready for then.

I haven't really started anything yet as I'm waiting for my rads so I can start modding my case.

So here's the parts I have up to now:

7DwAzXl.png

And I'm going to steal some photos from my old build log as these items are being carried forward - just pretend that's a 3930k and not a 3820.

csqqI1z.jpg

Thankfully I don't have to polish those caps all over again..

KAx0BkJ.jpg

And there was no way in hell I was selling my MIPs IceForce High Flow water block! Such a shame to see MIPs go out of business. :(

qS9uMhL.jpg

Also didn't want to sell these beauties as they run at 2000MHz 9-10-9-24 T1

Gye4ugf.jpg

Now onto the new parts:

Replacing my old 680s with pretty much the same cards - GTX 770s

YQoG09K.png

My old budget sound card died so I had to go back to using on board and, man, have my ears been spoilt. Couldn't go back to on board sound again so thought I'd upgrade to a pretty tasty Creative Titanium card.

63C8ds0.png

As much as I loved my old Gelid Wings, they weren't silient. These are.

n2UHEeJ.png

Pump top and reservoir from Aquacomputer. Really nice build quality and aesthetics. Those plugs on top of the res are about 1mm too tall to fit in a drive bay, so I'm either going to have to find some lower profile plugs or shave the tops of the ones I have.

Os09Zh1.png

And of course, some pink.

The Pastel pink from Mayhems looks quite milky. I'm probably going to buy some red dye to try and turn it hot pink like my parachord.

53wxDae.png

As soon as my radiators land - hopefully next week - I'll be able to crack on with the case mods and installation.

What fans are those?

Noiseblocker E-Loop sexiest fans ever ;)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Noiseblocker E-Loop sexiest fans ever ;)

Quietest too!

Quietest too!

I'd watch out for these fans. As awesome as they are, they aren't usable facing downwards with a radiator below them. The blades fall down slightly and make a racket grinding themselves to pieces on the radiator.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I'd watch out for these fans. As awesome as they are, they aren't usable facing downwards with a radiator below them. The blades fall down slightly and make a racket grinding themselves to pieces on the radiator.

Yeah, I've heard about the problems with them - I'll do some experimenting before I put them in my system. Hopefully I won't have to mod my rads too much for them.

The 904 is such a unique case, glad that a unique rig is going into it.

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

In-Win's build quality is outstanding.  However, Are you going to be modding something to fit more rads in?

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

The 904 is such a unique case, glad that a unique rig is going into it.

Thanks. :) I do try and do things people haven't done before (or at least what I haven't seen done before).

Lian-Li's build quality is outstanding.  However, Are you going to be modding something to fit more rads in?

It's an In-Win case, not Lian-Li.

butbutbutbut the mac pro tho...............................................................................................................................!

Will follow.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Interested in seeing how the build comes along... moar frequent updates! ;)

Bloody hell whoops wrong case/build log :( I was looking at one on overclock3ed at the same time my bad :D

My rads are getting delivered in the next couple of hours so more frequent updates are gonna start soon. :)

My rads have finally come!

NdglXFb.png

I went with Alphacool because of the multi-port options:

jWGbbNb.png

Only problem is the plugs that come with the rads are copper - those will be getting sprayed black. Nice to see them ditching the ugly copper stickers too - last time I removed one it peeled half of the paint off with it.

I'm going to have to get some longer M3 screws before I can stack my rads.. The only screws I have the right length are M4. :(

YDiZFmL.png

I've said before that this build is going to be incredibly tight...

5qWTVhE.png

I can now confirm just how tight it will be:

6zK8DHQ.png

Tight.

I had to remove the cooler to fit the card in, so those of you under 18 please cover your eyes for the next picture as it contains full frontal nudity.

0nTR0uS.png

Best get her covered up, back and front!

UJTv2C0.png
oiYq0zQ.png

I have to say, those water blocks and backplates are what sold me the 770s. The fullest full cover blocks out there and they just look so clean. None of that circle crap EK tried to pull off in the past.

I love the concept ;) but the noise? and heat by the end?

Depending on how low I can run my pump, the system will be silent. As for heat I'm hoping for anywhere south of 100C lol - I know it's not going to be super cool.

I hope you know a thing or two about thermodynamics and are going to put the rads in a counter-flow configuration? :)

I know almost nothing about thermodynamics. I'm more of a 'try and see' kinda guy. :P

I know almost nothing about thermodynamics. I'm more of a 'try and see' kinda guy. :P

Basically, with heat exchangers (i.e. radiators), the efficiency is improved if you make both fluids (in this case air and water) flow in opposite ways. In this particular case, that would mean that you connect your rads in series and make the side where the air exhausts the water input and make the side where the air goes into the radiator the water output. This will make you achieve the most efficient use of your radiators.

Depending on how low I can run my pump, the system will be silent. As for heat I'm hoping for anywhere south of 100C lol - I know it's not going to be super cool.

Basically, with heat exchangers (i.e. radiators), the efficiency is improved if you make both fluids (in this case air and water) flow in opposite ways. In this particular case, that would mean that you connect your rads in series and make the side where the air exhausts the water input and make the side where the air goes into the radiator the water output. This will make you achieve the most efficient use of your radiators.

Indeed, and the difference between parallel flow and counterflow can actually be

rather significant if I remember my thermo right. It's also a principle that's seen

in biology.

Wiki article on the subject

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Indeed, and the difference between parallel flow and counterflow can actually be

rather significant if I remember my thermo right.

The difference is indeed rather significant.

If you'll actually notice a temp difference in such a small thermodynamic system as a computer water loop, I don't know. But it does make a difference.

The difference is indeed rather significant.

If you'll actually notice a temp difference in such a small thermodynamic system as a computer water loop, I don't know. But it does make a difference.

The fluid will be entering from the top and the air will be drawn from the bottom.

In this test there wasn't too much difference, though I'm not sure how sandwiching 4 rads together will affect things until I finish my project.

Little bumbed, that you're not using aquacomputer waterblocks, but still, this whole system looks very, very nice already! Stoked to see the progress! :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Little bumbed, that you're not using aquacomputer waterblocks, but still, this whole system looks very, very nice already! Stoked to see the progress! :)

I was tempted. But when I saw EK's complete coverage block I had to get them - they make the cards look soooooo clean.

Hot damn those fans look nice. I imagine  that it would be a royal pain in the ass to clean in between the radiators, with having to dismantle the whole thing and all.