9ine04

Shawy

I see that sexy res with that pinkish coolant there.ME CAN'T WAIT!

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Noooo give me more! Love this case

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

More!!

Amazing

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

damn, we need more pictures but that looks beautiful so far 

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

(read in the voice of Louis Armstrong singing what a wonderful world)

I see pink lines and black,

and silver outlines too.

It looks oh so smooth,

and so shiny too.

And I think to Myself

What a Wonderful build...

But we must see more @Shawy, stop teasing us

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

holy balls... This is the most beautiful build I think I have ever seen... *speechless*

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

(read in the voice of Louis Armstrong singing what a wonderful world)

I see pink lines and black,

and silver outlines too.

It looks oh so smooth,

and so shiny too.

And I think to Myself

What a Wonderful build...

That was beautiful. :D

More pics will be up this weekend when I have more time and more natural light. I really want the photos to do this build justice. And I need a little more time to tidy up one or 2 cables.

Slight hiccough with the testing. But here's some temp results gathered so far for an i7 3930k (6cores/12threads) and 2 GTX 770s SLi:

Stock settings under Prime 95 for 30 minutes:

• idle 38-42°

load 68-81°C

Overclocked to 4.5GHz under Prime 95 for 30 minutes:

• idle 49-52°

load 78-91°

Overclocked to 4.5GHz under Unigine Heaven for 30 minutes:

• CPU 68-72°

GPUs 51-52°

Overclocked, the CPU get's quite toasty. But stays under the throttling temperature (95°C), albeit by a couple degrees. Running at stock speeds (3.4 turbo) only saves 10°C at both idle and load.

Now onto the problem: the fans.

I chose 800rpm eLoops because they are as close to silent as you can get from a fan. They are silent because they barely spin. Because they barely spin, they hardly move any air.

Normally, when you finish a bench mark/stress test, the temps rapidly drop down 20-30° then then slowly level out. With the eLoops, the temps stayed stupidly high and only dropped very slowly. And when I tried to run a couple of graphics tests, things got warm. A little too warm. So warm, in fact, the fluid reached over 60°C. Now, I don't have any temp sensors in my fluid, so how could I possibly know that? Well, DDC pumps have an operating temperature of <60°C.

Yup. I fried my pump.

So this weekend, instead of getting some pictures of my finished build, I will be stripping down my whole system - partly because the pump is completely hidden underneath the inner part of the case - partly to swap out the eLoops for some Silverstone FQ121s, which look an awful lot like gentle typhoons… ;)

Slight hiccough with the testing. But here's some temp results gathered so far for an i7 3930k (6cores/12threads) and 2 GTX 770s SLi:

• idle 38-42°
  • load 68-81°C
  • idle 49-52°
  • load 78-91°
  • CPU 68-72°
  • GPUs 51-52°

Overclocked, the CPU get's quite toasty. But stays under the throttling temperature (95°C), albeit by a couple degrees. Running at stock speeds (3.4 turbo) only saves 10°C at both idle and load.

I chose 800rpm eLoops because they are as close to silent as you can get from a fan. They are silent because they barely spin. Because they barely spin, they hardly move any air.

Normally, when you finish a bench mark/stress test, the temps rapidly drop down 20-30° then then slowly level out. With the eLoops, the temps stayed stupidly high and only dropped very slowly. And when I tried to run a couple of graphics tests, things got warm. A little too warm. So warm, in fact, the fluid reached over 60°C. Now, I don't have any temp sensors in my fluid, so how could I possibly know that? Well, DDC pumps have an operating temperature of <60°C.

Yup. I fried my pump.

So this weekend, instead of getting some pictures of my finished build, I will be stripping down my whole system - partly because the pump is completely hidden underneath the inner part of the case - partly to swap out the eLoops for some Silverstone FQ121s, which look an awful lot like gentle typhoons… ;)

I like the ap123 fans, evidently.

or maybe the noctua industrial nff12?

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

• idle 38-42°
  • load 68-81°C
  • idle 49-52°
  • load 78-91°
  • CPU 68-72°
  • GPUs 51-52°

Yup. I fried my pump.

For an overclocked 300+ watt of heat in the water system, you'll need to move 100+ CFM of "room temp" air to keep it under 80 degrees (or water around 40 degrees).  

My Rigs (past and present)

For an overclocked 300+ watt of heat in the water system, you'll need to move 100+ CFM of "room temp" air to keep it under 80 degrees (or water around 40 degrees).

You need to show the maths to back up a statement like that.

This.  Where is this magic "100+ CFM" figure coming from?  There are far more important variables involved than CFM.  Ambient temp, radiator capacity, flow rate, static pressure, and system wattage all come into play to determine final temps.

Sorry to hear about the pump.  Been waiting for an update to this build for months, so I'm happy to see it getting close to finished.  I hope the new fans sort out the temperature issues.  Keep an eye on those coolant temps, it can cause more problems than a dead pump when you start seeing temps that high.  Good luck man!

Well, you got me.. I'm pulling this out of my rear.  

The short: That's how much air your system of four fans would be pushing if it weren't stacked.  (33cfm@800rpm x4 ...  take away some from radiator fin resistance... ~100+ CFM ).  

This.  Where is this magic "100+ CFM" figure coming from?  There are far more important variables involved than CFM.  Ambient temp, radiator capacity, flow rate, static pressure, and system wattage all come into play to determine final temps.

Sorry to hear about the pump.  Been waiting for an update to this build for months, so I'm happy to see it getting close to finished.  I hope the new fans sort out the temperature issues.  Keep an eye on those coolant temps, it can cause more problems than a dead pump when you start seeing temps that high.  Good luck man!

Magic?   You can call out variables all day, but we're not talking about a setup with no data or examples or that we are doing very fine tuning.  Realistically, this system is clearly starved for cool air, counter rotation isn't going to do diddly.  One just need a ballpark number, and there's a decent amount of data out there, including those from the manufacturers, and not to mention similar systems.  Unless the machine is going to be in a closed closet or in a cooled data center... room temp is 25c, and medium pump speed.

Seriously, just look at the set up..  under 33 cfm of room temp cool air over a single intake, and overclocked cpu and 2 gpu?  That would certainly be a lot more efficient than the typical setup that most people have out there as well as what's the actual manufacturers are designing.   If so, that would be awesome.

disclaimer:  My "magic number" is just a approximate guess using examples available.  The best thing is just put better higher quality fans that can handle higher RPM when needed.  (if you worried about noise, just turn the speed down!). 

As mentioned before, treating it as simple systems.  heat source: water (yes, because we assume the target is for the system at max temp and at thermal equilibrium), conductor: radiator, heat sink: air. 

To get a ballpark requirement, 

-using data from thermochil HE 120.1

-room temp is 25c

-medium pump speed. 

For thermal resistance, or C/W (having the units °C/W):

C = [(Tinlet coolant + Toutlet coolant) ÷ 2] – Tinlet air      (all in °C)

and

W = m * Cg * (Toutlet – Tinlet)

where

W = Watts

m = mass flow rate, kg/sec

Cg = specific heat capacity, for H20, 4186 J/(Kg°C)

This reduces to:

W = (lpm * 4186 * ΔT) ÷ 60

2: plug  and cross ref graphs 1,10,11.  (fans used are ~60 and 150CFM)

http://www.overclockers.com/an-evaluation-of-the-thermochill-radiators/

http://www.swiftech.com/Resources/White_Papers/Assessment%20of%20Radiator%20Performance.pdf

3: adjust for Running warmer air over the same area of radiator vs running room temp air through all radiators.  (temp in / temp out... log temp reduction in water, increase in air in each section))

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-watercooling-guide-from-a-to-z.180876/

http://www.overclockers.com/radiator-heat-dissipation-testing/

My Rigs (past and present)