9ine04

Shawy

that thing is going to be heavy, hopefully it all works after all that effort!

It sure is! It weighs a fair amount already without the fluid or glass panels. Hopefully I won't have to move it anywhere any time soon.

It sure is! It weighs a fair amount already without the fluid or glass panels. Hopefully I won't have to move it anywhere any time soon.

Any issues with the metal bending?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Any issues with the metal bending?

Not yet, some parts tend to flap about a bit where I've cut away supporting pieces. Air should be fine once it's back inside the aluminium shell.

• 2 weeks later...
Some good news and some not so good news to report:

The good: I've finally got the last of my fittings! I now have everything I need to complete this project!

The not so good: I don't actually have time to do anything lol.. There's a final push at work for the end of the working year so lots of overtime over the coming weeks. I should be able to finish my cables on sunday, but wont have a decent camera for nearly 2 weeks. 

I might be able to post some teasers from my phone camera though..

serius dude .. you need to post the rest. i cant wait to see the madness of this build :D 

That radiator tunnel.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

I think I am late for this party

Still a very good build indeed, although I am more concerned about the hole in the front of the case

HTTP 404 = Server cannot be reached please try again later, try refreshing(F5) the page or re-enable your wireless

stacking rads... wow. GLHF dude :P That looks super super tight

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

Mac case... Looks kinda funny I would rather run OS X in a standard PC case... Although this is still very neat build!!!

Thanks for the support & kind words guys!

serius dude .. you need to post the rest. i cant wait to see the madness of this build :D

I really do. Part of me really wants to get this finished, but the other part of me really hates cable sleeving/sewing lol. I have very little free time this month and I really don't want to spend it sorting out cables lol. I'm putting off remaking the 24pin for as long as possible!  :ph34r:

I think I am late for this party

Still a very good build indeed, although I am more concerned about the hole in the front of the case

The party's only just starting! :D

And the hole is for airflow - and will be supported by the outer aluminium frame.

Mac case... Looks kinda funny I would rather run OS X in a standard PC case... Although this is still very neat build!!!

Each to their own. The G5 case was my favourite case in terms of looks before the 904 came out.

• 2 weeks later...

You got me too excited as when I saw the notification from you, I was like, "PROGRESS!!!"

Can't wait for the next update!

Sorry man! Been sooooo busy with work recently - 72 hours of it last week. But here's some progress I made very slowly when ever I had time.

Been a while since an update - I haven't had much time to work on this over the past few weeks, but hopefully that's over now and I can start to get this project finished! I have managed to do little bits over the past weeks, mainly sorting out my cables - just the 24pin left once I find out where it's gonna go.

I did try out using some fishing line to lace the cables together, but it was too smooth and didn't grip on the paracord like the waxed nylon that I'm using.

Enough talking. Time for some pictures:

ziojUbZ.jpg

I originally made the 8pin go straight down towards the power supply before realising it would foul the tubing. I later redid it over a mete long to route it out of the way.

CLeJQKC.jpg

It's a little messy where the 2 SATA, the 8pin and the Molex cables meet in the corner:

IscrYWI.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to sort that out by sewing the cables together once everything is finalised.

Moving around to the front of the case, the SATA cables are pretty much out of sight. As will the SSDs once the outer aluminium case is installed.

LRkkmMz.jpg

Keep moving around to the front and the PCI power cables add a splash of colour to the otherwise monochrome canvas.

wu0TATh.jpg

They stick out a bit at current, which means they will probably be touching the side panel once it's on.

You can also see the 8pin poking out at the top of the case:

20QwZHK.jpg

The 24pin cable still needs to be done. I'm thinking of routing it in front of the motherboard down between the graphics cards and radiators. It might be a bit of a squeeze and make it rather difficult to fit the SATA cables, but it's the only place where it wont be crossing over any tubing.

bQmgRP6.jpg

That's it for this time, hopefully the next update won't take as long.

One day soon, I will succeed to manage my cables just as well as you.

I'm still not happy with them lol..

It helps so much making your own cables though, no excess cables to hide and you can make them longer to hide them. That and not using the front panel I/O helps.

- oh my -

To be blunt and brutally honest:

- You conquered.

- I saw.

- I... uhm, well, you know how the saying goes I presume. :D

Seriously, {list of profanities} nice work!

Not just the lacing btw., really digging the colour as well.

I'm still not happy with them lol..

It helps so much making your own cables though, no excess cables to hide and you can make them longer to hide them. That and not using the front panel I/O helps.

Yup, so very true, having completely custom cables is a ridiculous

amount of work, but it's just so freaking nice to have them be exactly

what you need, no more, no less.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Beautiful job there Shawy, it's coming along nicely. I certainly share your viewpoint of the chassis, it's quite an appealing case. The graphics cards seem abit tight but for me personally I love the compact look and appeal of such a setup. I'm with @alpenwasser regarding the stacked radiator option, very interested to see how this will perform. Nonetheless, you're doing an excellent job, looking forward very much to seeing you progress. 

When I first measured the case I knew things would be tight. I didn't think they'd actually be touching. It's good in a way though as it means the graphics cards wont sag and my radiators will be secured in place a little more - after all, there's only a single screw attaching them to the case.

It's still phenomaly better than most people's cable management.

I just want to have a single line or 2 behind the mother board tray.

To be blunt and brutally honest:

- You conquered.

- I saw.

- I... uhm, well, you know how the saying goes I presume. :D

Seriously, {list of profanities} nice work!

Not just the lacing btw., really digging the colour as well.

Yup, so very true, having completely custom cables is a ridiculous

amount of work, but it's just so freaking nice to have them be exactly

what you need, no more, no less.

Most people don't spend an entire Saturday on their 24pin alone lol. Seriously, I was working on that for about 12 hours solid. And it's still not perfect. But I'm getting to the stage where I just want my PC finished and all the mess gone from my room. That doesn't mean I'm going to half-arse things from now on though.

All cables are now sleeved! Good job too as I'm down to about 5m of paracord left from the 60m I bought.

Here's where I'm at now:
QPUwQQ1.jpg

At the last minute, I changed where the 24pin was going to be routed. I had already cut a hole into the motherboard tray for the cable to go through but, as I discovered with the 8pin, it would have crossed the tubing. And I didn't want that. In the end I routed it up and over the radiators, and then out of the case inside the gap between the inside and outside of the case (where the SSDs are). Routing it here will mean that I can't sew it, but it'll mostly be hidden anyway.
Z65Gy8j.jpg
(It'll look better than that when it's finished.)

I also changed the PCI cables so they fold back on themselves, instead of angling towards the PSU. I'll need to cut a hole for the cables in the rad mount so I can hide that mess in the unused space behind the original front panel.
s3bSxbT.jpg

I also found a better way to manage the cables behind the radiators. By moving the fan PCB to between the bottom 2 radiators, the 8pin and SATA power cables can fit around the edges better.
dxiGQ8W.jpg
The Molex cable will mostly be hidden underneath the radiators.

The end is now in sight! :D
I still need to cut a hole below the motherboard for the tubing, as well as in the optical drive bay below the PSU. Hopefully everything will line up for me and I can just crack on with the tubing.

Speaking of tubing: acrylic is a lot harder to work with than normal tubing. A lot harder.

At the last minute, I changed where the 24pin was going to be routed. I had already cut a hole into the motherboard tray for the cable to go through but, as I discovered with the 8pin, it would have crossed the tubing. And I didn't want that. In the end I routed it up and over the radiators, and then out of the case inside the gap between the inside and outside of the case (where the SSDs are). Routing it here will mean that I can't sew it, but it'll mostly be hidden anyway.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more? Do you mean it would've crossed the tubing at the back? I think that wouldn't be that much of an issue if you routed the cable next to the fan, as illustrated below. That way, you get nice sew together cables fitting in with the rest at the front, and then a tube-like bundle fitting between the two radiators at the back.

post-519-0-22197900-1399829089_thumb.png

PS: check dem mad paint skillz ;)

EDIT: might be too small to fit, though.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more? Do you mean it would've crossed the tubing at the back? I think that wouldn't be that much of an issue if you routed the cable next to the fan, as illustrated below. That way, you get nice sew together cables fitting in with the rest at the front, and then a tube-like bundle fitting between the two radiators at the back.

attachicon.gifrouting.png

PS: check dem mad paint skillz ;)

EDIT: might be too small to fit, though.

That route would still cross the tubing, and would still be angled up so wouldn't be able to sew them. :(

My original plan was something like this:

8dV9Oja.jpg

Though, admittedly, I completely forgot about cables when I first designed the system..  :blush:

How about routing the w/c tubine like in blue?

904.jpeg

It's a bit of a detour, but it's not like the pump will

be too weak I think. Unless there's something else I'm

overlooking.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

did you use the original connectors from the power supply or did you buy them elsewhere because i'm thinking of making my own cables but the six pin connectors on the psu are nowhere to be found (only if i get them from my own cables but i want to keep them stock)

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace