Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Wow I can`t believe I missed that   -_- thanks its working now!

No problem :)

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Just started folding today :)

Hey everyone! I just started folding about a week ago and everything was working fine but now for some reason when I open up advanced control its stuck on trying to connect and wont give me options about folding. The web controls work fine tho, I just prefer using advanced control. Anyone know how I can fix it? I`ve already tried re-installing. 

Welcome to the Fold :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Just realized we passed Team Anandtech and we are now ranked 31st in the world.

congrats all. should be 30th in a week.

sb10062782q-001-mature-and-senior-busine

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Just realized we passed Team Anandtech and we are now ranked 31st in the world.

congrats all. should be 30th in a week.

sb10062782q-001-mature-and-senior-busine

Awesome!!

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

ZOOM ZOOM

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

ZOOM ZOOM

goes the LTT team up the ranks :D

EDIT: wait, that's probably what you meant in the first place

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

My 2 GTX 660 ti's are getting 140k ppd with core 18. And my 2 7970's are getting like 310k ppd with core 17.

I have had just a single active client on this team, just started last march.

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

I joined today. So far so good :)

Is 8953 points per day good?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I suppose that is your cpu only, because a gtx 970 is great for folding. 

I suppose that is your cpu only, because a gtx 970 is great for folding. 

Well, I'm using both. I only did it for half of yesterday though. I'll start today. Also, when do I get the "Folding At Home Member" award?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Well, I'm using both. I only did it for half of yesterday though. I'll start today. Also, when do I get the "Folding At Home Member" award?

Welcome to the fold! Here's some info regarding to the awards.

In order to be rewarded with the Folding @ Home badge, please note the following requirements. (subject to change)

·         Contributor - When you have contributed more than 21 Work Units (WU), you will qualify for this badge, to show your commitment to LTT and the team. 
·         Bronze Contributor - When you have contributed more than 1 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team.
·         Silver Contributor - When you have contributed more than 25 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources.
·         Gold Contributor - When you have contributed more than 100 Million points, you will qualify for this badge.. This reflects your dedication and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources. You are now a legend!
That's it. Once you hit one of the milestones, PM your Folding ID to one of the moderators who will update it in due time.

Yep thats pretty good.

Welcome to the fold! Here's some info regarding to the awards.

I just met the contributor reward requirements. So I just message a moderator?

I just met the contributor reward requirements. So I just message a moderator?

Yep just pm Whaler_99

Yep thats pretty good.

Oh it's actually around 60000 right now. Is that normal for my specs?

Oh thats much better that seems pretty normal for your computer.

your ppd will vary alot, emphasis on alot. Depending on what you are working on, 

with a gtx970 you might see around 230k ppd when working on a core 17 wu, when

you have returned enough wu's with a passkey and qualify for bonus points. Before

you qualify for bonus points you will see lower ppd on wu's that follow the QRB point

scheme (quick return bonus)

Oh thats much better that seems pretty normal for your computer.

Lol well actually I checked back after not even a full day. I guess I'm getting about 200,000. I have 150,000 now so hm. 

your ppd will vary alot, emphasis on alot. Depending on what you are working on, 

with a gtx970 you might see around 230k ppd when working on a core 17 wu, when

you have returned enough wu's with a passkey and qualify for bonus points. Before

you qualify for bonus points you will see lower ppd on wu's that follow the QRB point

scheme (quick return bonus)

Yeah I'm seeing close to 200k right now.

I see that Smart phones can now do folding work units now, but only on Sony phones at the moment.

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

I see that Smart phones can now do folding work units now, but only on Sony phones at the moment.

Yes they can, but they probably get the easiest WUs.

Yes they can, but they probably get the easiest WUs.

they aren't getting the same wu's we get on desktops. What happens on mobile

is specifically written for mobile. 

https://folding.stanford.edu/home/new-initiative-fah-on-android/

I thought they actually gave some comparison to normal desktop or chome wu's

but it seems they didn't. I would guess that a mobile wu is less than 1/10 of a

desktop wu, probably alot less.

Little something for everyone to see - Project Summary - pretty neat.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/new/psummary.html

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

If anyone is wondering about the individual projects use this:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/fahproject.overusingIPswillbebanned?p=8018

Just edit the number at the end of the url to whatever project

number you are looking for.

@Whaler_99 is there a better way to do this? i have never seemed to 

find anything actually directly linking to a database that lets me search

for the different projects except random links spread throughout the

interwebs. 

haha, i'm having a big facepalm moment right now :P, just scroll to

the bottom and search to your hearts desire, my broken link made

me realize that. (fixed now)

Hey guys, I was planning on making a rig for mining, but I am new to all of this. 

I really have no idea how it works, but if I was to get a rig I can chose from these GPUs new.

290x = $279

290(stock) = $120 

What CPU should I use. Any help would be appreciated.