The easy option for a computer desk.

ttam

@ttam Thanks man, me and a friend drove over 200 miles all the way to houston, tx (was worth it because of the shipping cost, and we like roadtrips anyway xD) to get these desks a couple weeks ago. He loves it!!! he picked the bamboo table with the cheap black legs, he got three of them and has a desk that takes up an entire wall in his room. (im surprised how even the cheap legs hold up so well at $3.50 each lol)

Was able to optimize his space much more effectively than his old desks, and it looks nice!

Cant thank you enough for sharing this, you saved him a lot of $$!!

We also got lost in Ikea during this time, its sooo huge and the showroom floor is a bit confusing once you go too far xD. Quite the adventure it was. Ive never been there before, but i like how they have a lot of nice furniture for good prices.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@ttam Thanks man, me and a friend drove over 200 miles all the way to houston, tx (was worth it because of the shipping cost, and we like roadtrips anyway xD) to get these desks a couple weeks ago. He loves it!!! he picked the bamboo table with the cheap black legs, he got three of them and has a desk that takes up an entire wall in his room. (im surprised how even the cheap legs hold up so well at $3.50 each lol)

Was able to optimize his space much more effectively than his old desks, and it looks nice!

Cant thank you enough for sharing this, you saved him a lot of $$!!

We also got lost in Ikea during this time, its sooo huge and the showroom floor is a bit confusing once you go too far xD. Quite the adventure it was. Ive never been there before, but i like how they have a lot of nice furniture for good prices.

Haha that's good to hear man. 

Oh yeah, Ikea is an adventure when walking around haha. It's like taking a tour with the walk of stuff. Also worth it for the Hotdog, chips and drink combo after check out for like $1.50 which is badass.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Also worth it for the Hotdog, chips and drink combo after check out for like $1.50 which is badass.

What. Do you have to buy anything from IKEA for this price or is this legit?

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

What. Do you have to buy anything from IKEA for this price or is this legit?

It's just a built in restaurant area behind the checkout area. You don't have to buy a thing. You can even skip the walk around the store and just walk in the front door and go to it or go in the door on other side (where you exit, pick up items, etc) and go to it. Done it a few times when I was near an Ikea and wanted a quick cheap bite.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

Just about to buy some desks for my new office setup and I have some advice that I have found. The biggest issue is screwing stuff into particle board, its just not strong, what i do is this.

I get some hardwood from a hardware store and screw + glue this to the underneath of the particle board, then mark and screw your legs into that, super, duper strong :)

You should take some pictures!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I was gonna do this and build a cheap desk for our lass, but because the nearest Ikea to us is in Bristol, the delivery charge would be £50, nearly 2 and a half times more expensive than the table and legs would cost to buy. :(
Still, thanks for the heads up, maybe when Ikea end up in Cornwall I'll do this, but until then we'll have to wait.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

IKEA FTW I did a simmilar thing with my current desk, dont regret it one bit.

Thanks for this. I saw this post a while ago and I got the cheapo version with just the plain legs. Just got my second one a week or two ago. Great desks, they can be a bit wobbly if you try to shake them but i never notice it when i'm actually using them. Amazing value for the money if you want lots of desk space. 

Thanks for this. I saw this post a while ago and I got the cheapo version with just the plain legs. Just got my second one a week or two ago. Great desks, they can be a bit wobbly if you try to shake them but i never notice it when i'm actually using them. Amazing value for the money if you want lots of desk space. 

That is why I generally keep them against the wall. I bought a 3d printer so I made a few plates to go between the legs and table for added stability and it works so much better

i did this and love it cant believe how cheap it was too!

Isit durable tho

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Has lasted me a few years with no chips, so I'd say so

nice I kinda don't trust ikea for their durability sometimes

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

So if I decide to build my own desk what tools might I need?

depdnds

if you building from ikea or something similar use some screwdrivers and you should be fine

Ikea is expensive to ship! doesn't matter if it's just a lampt it's $350 to ship it!

I can buy brackets and "real" wood and the prices are about the same depending on if you're buying precut wood or hand cut wood.

I like Aspen as it has a nice color and about $20 per board, if I buy 4 that's a pretty big desk as 1x8x12 is pretty big which is usually at least with my measuring stick comes to be 25" wid and 96" long.

Particle board is okay but real wood is so much cheaper... don't forget the invisible wood glue for lighter wood shades.

It must just be expensive for where you live. By no means is shipping furniture cheap; but if they truly are quoting you $350 to ship a lamp, then you must live far away from an IKEA in a rural area, or that Lamp must be "packin' heat or holdin' dope."

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

It must just be expensive for where you live. By no means is shipping furniture cheap; but if they truly are quoting you $350 to ship a lamp, then you must live far away from an IKEA in a rural area, or that Lamp must be "packin' heat or holdin' dope."

Ikea ships with flat rates, not per the item weight.

lol, packin heat.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

nice I kinda don't trust ikea for their durability sometimes

They have mainly press board items but press board is pretty tough when in use normal. If you drop it, hit it, etc.. it can chip but as long as you're safe it's good.

Mainly a Phillips screw driver or the allen key that they provide with the screws.

What is the width of the corner table? I am really confused when it come to this because it says it is 47 1/4th by 47 1/4th but that doesnt seem right. I want a corner table with two other tables to match and connect it but I have no idea what tables to get to match because of how the width works for the desks. Any help would be amazing.

I have one of these it was 54 dollars with legs. If you dont like your desk moving at all Id go with one table/ cubby hole thing for 2 of the legs my desk wobbles around a bit. Can get annoying but, whatever. 

props for rocking the maxell man for your avatar!

@ttam I have a question, I'm getting a custon desk soon and I want to purchase some drawers for it. So must I drill holes into the desk for me to screw in the drawer or how do I install it onto a non-ikea desk?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!