Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

do matias switches fit it? lol

maybe its time to move to en ergo dox

Nope, just tested.

I might get an ergo pro so I can have matias switches. And it may be cheaper at 200$

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

No im not going to be like some people around here.

Me when trying to take a switch from my numpad...

I just kinda warmed up the solder and ripped out the switch.

I didn't know what I was doing

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

do matias switches fit it? lol

maybe its time to move to en ergo dox

Nope, just tested.

I might get an ergo pro so I can have matias switches. And it may be cheaper at 200$

Have @Charger build you one of my ergo dox's ;)

No im not going to be like some people around here. Im going to properly dismantle and desolder the switches. Likely pause break cause no one needs that.

lol 

Nope, just tested.

it would be cheaper but not a cool... and we all know what matters.... 

Me when trying to take a switch from my numpad...

I just kinda warmed up the solder and ripped out the switch.

I didn't know what I was doing

your not the only one we know that has done that.

I'm really curious about the new MX dampened sliders, the clear switch case are look interesting too. Would really appreciate some pictures of what they look like inside and what you think of them after trying them out.

Im sure we will see some nice photos of the switches. The only reason he bought it was to mess with the switches themselves lol

lol 

it would be cheaper but not a cool... and we all know what matters.... 

your not the only one we know that has done that.

Im sure we will see some nice photos of the switches. The only reason he bought it was to mess with the switches themselves lol

Yeah, but it is still pretty cool

http://matias.ca/ergopro/pc/viewer/?1

IDK how i would like ergodox, i like the oversized spacebar of my Apple (and the matias)

Im not sure how I would like the layout too, its deffinatly diffferent

Hey I have one of thoes, but with MX browns.

On another note,

sigh....

My Apple Adjustable Keyboard has more keys that are dying, including some of the ones that @Charger fixed.

I think its time to give up and get a new keyboard.

I love the Apple Adjustable Keyboard,

but it is prone to failure

All 11800's have MX Browns. I just swapped them with some Clears I bought.

The Apple Adjustable doesn't even have proper Alps. it has SKFS Alps rather than the normal SKCM. egrodox or the Matias egro pro would be good choices.

Or you could just get another Adjustable, maybe even new in box on ebay.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

love the black and white caps

Those keycaps sucked actually. They came off a old Alps board that I no longer own. They were pad printed.

I do have Tai Hao Dolch for it (yes in Alps form) for it soon :D

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

All 11800's have MX Browns. I just swapped them with some Clears I bought.

The Apple Adjustable doesn't even have proper Alps. it has SKFS Alps rather than the normal SKCM. egrodox or the Matias egro pro would be good choices.

Or you could just get another Adjustable, maybe even new in box on ebay.

I give up on the apple, to prone to failure

I give up on the apple, to prone to failure

If you dont mind straight keyboards my Apple Extended Keyboard II is legend in the apple world and very robust. Also not that expensive. i'd imagine the adjustable was finicky since it split.

For you I would get the Salmon ALPS version of the extended. The first extended was also very good.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

If you dont mind straight keyboards my Apple Extended Keyboard II is legend in the apple world and very robust. Also not that expensive. i'd imagine the adjustable was finicky since it split.

For you I would get the Salmon ALPS version of the extended. The first extended was also very good.

I really like the split

The problem he seems to be having with the split keyboard is switch failure. I'm not sure how common that is for those odd alps or what could be causing it if it is not common. I probably should have tried opening the switched I removed to see what they looked like inside.

The problem he seems to be having with the split keyboard is switch failure. I'm not sure how common that is for those odd alps or what could be causing it if it is not common. I probably should have tried opening the switched I removed to see what they looked like inside.

Well here is the wiki page on that SKFS Alps switch http://deskthority.net/wiki/Alps_SKFR/SKFS

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Ive owned a fair few mechanical keyboards

ducky shine 2

ducky zero twice

ducky shine 3

ducky shine

razer blackwidow ultimate twice

logitech g710+ twice

rapoo v500

rapoo kx wireless

And now i own a k70 with mx blues.

Ive owned a fair few mechanical keyboards

ducky shine 2

ducky zero twice

ducky shine 3

ducky shine

razer blackwidow ultimate twice

logitech g710+ twice

rapoo v500

rapoo kx wireless

And now i own a k70 with mx blues.

what would you suggest i pick up after the one i have right now? i have a K65 with reds, tough i'm looking for something a bit more 'clickier'.

what would you suggest i pick up after the one i have right now? i have a K65 with reds, tough i'm looking for something a bit more 'clickier'.

im assuming blues? a filco, or a ducky is always good, if you want fancy lights then the new ducky shine is pretty nice, and if you dont care then what features are a must for you?

I own a Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid-i keyboard with blue switches.

Nrrn3ZQ.jpg

I may want to make modifications to it in the future. Probably white keycaps.

I also own a Corsair K70 which was replaced by my current one.

And I used to own a Corsair K90, but that one I gave to my brother when I acquired my K70.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

If anyone wants to help fund me to get rid of my BlackWidow Ultimate that would be great, CherryMX Greens K thanks :D

Jk

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Honestly id suggest picking up say a ducky with blues.Or more expensive code aswell

So, does anyone here know where to get some proper PBT keycaps for cherry switches (104pc)? 

My Filco Majestouch2 uses ABS keys and they've started to shine/wear. 

Pref. not some US-based company with 40 dollar shipping to EU, thanks ;)

EDIT; https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-doubleshot-pbt-keycaps

nevermind, ordering these ;D

if I had one of the switched on hand I would pop one open but sent them all back to him.

I'll open one tomorrow and post pics

hhkb came into the mail today... been misstyping a bunch.... but  i think i'll be able to get used to it... love the feel of topre.  am glad i got it. also the leather wrist wrest from elitekeyboards.com is worlds better than the ducky one..

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

if I had one of the switched on hand I would pop one open but sent them all back to him.

My pics of the switch, it was hard, its so tiny.

Now, its much smaller than a regular alps/matias switch i have next to it.

And it odly has 4 pins instead of 2

DSCF6421.jpgDSCF6431.jpgDSCF6441.jpgDSCF6442.jpgDSCF6444.jpg

My pics of the switch, it was hard, its so tiny.

Now, its much smaller than a regular alps/matias switch i have next to it.

And it odly has 4 pins instead of 2

do the contacts look corroded or anything? I cant tell from the images. I never tested the switches with a multimeter when I had the keyboard since that would have meant buying a new one or driving 30+ minutes to get one so maybe it isn't the switched but something else. It is hard to say since the keyboard did seem to work after I replaced the switches at least for a bit. There is also the chance that you opened the one switch I desoldered from the numpad then accidentally mixed into the bad switches that forced me to desolder another lol.