[NEWS] The new Digital Storm Aventum III has launched, and it's a looker.

LP-top.png

After teasing us with a taste of its new Aventum 3 at CES, Digital Storm says it’s finally ready to ship its latest exotic PC design, which features custom liquid cooling and power integrated into the case itself.

With the Aventum 3, Digital Storm decided to focus on features that could make wiring and liquid-cooling easier to upgrade. The routing of the water-cooling hoses, for example, runs directly into the backplane the motherboard mounts to, and attach with quick-connect fittings. Power connectors for the motherboard are integrated into case's backplane, too.

The Aventum 3 design also adds a custom distribution block for the liquid-cooling that appears to be machined out of clear acrylic so you can see the flow of the liquid through the system. Digital Storm’s custom lighting and fan control modules reside behind the two fans, I believe.

The use of a case window on the back of the PC is a bold statement as well. Even the most tidy system builds typically only look nice on the side where you can see the motherboard and graphics cards. The wires tucked behind the motherboard tray are usually a rat’s nest of cables, hoses, and zip ties better left covered up. By putting a window on both sides, Digital Storm obviously has faith in its ability to deliver a clean aesthetic experience. 

The way internal cable management is managed in the new Aventum looks really great, I must say. An internal backplane handles the modular cables so they don't have to be routed up from the PSU, resulting in cleaner runs and more versatile system configurations. The "liquid distribution block" is a really nice visual add as well, and it's manufactured by EK so you know it's a quality part. The window on the other side of the PC is really interesting as well, and it's something that I haven't really seen on any consumer cases other than Lian Li and In Win's glass cases. The case itself is absolutely gorgeous. It has this sort of CaseLabs meets 900D vibe that I can dig with custom paint jobs to top it all off. And it's made in the USA, creating business for domestic machine shops instead of outsourcing. The price starts at $4930, and for that you get a 6700K with 16GB 2666MHz RAM, a GTX 980 Ti, the custom liquid cooling loop for the CPU only, a 1TB Samsung 850 Pro, 2TB HDD, ASUS Z170-A, EVGA 850W G2 and Windows 10. The price on the surface seems high, but the custom fabrication and customer support/warranty make it a bit more worth it. So what do you guys think of the new Aventum III? I personally think it's fantastic. It seems to have amazing specs with great fit and finish.

Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2984991/hardware/must-see-pc-digital-storms-gorgeous-exotic-aventum-3.html

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

They always have so many mismatched colors >.<

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I didn't know they spray painted xbox ones

What?

I prefer the standard mobo layout, not the otherside/upside down way...

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

they uploaded this earlier today. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I didn't know they spray painted xbox ones

digitalstorm is one of the best prebuilt custom PC builders

just because you dont like the case design doesnt mean its bad

its still better than what you've probably got in terms of performance

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

they uploaded this earlier today. 

I think I'll add this to the OP, thanks for bringing that to my attention :)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

They always have so many mismatched colors >.<

you can pick the colours yourself...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

BUT MUH CUSTUM BILT IS BETTER BCUZ I SAV MUNI

you can pick the colours yourself...

Can you choose to watercool the GPU's as well?  I always seem them advertise air cooled 3-way SLI yet a watercooled CPU.

It makes so much more sense to watercool the GPU's IMO, you gain more performance & temps plummet as well as noise levels :]

The reason I said stuff about the mismatched colors is because whenever I see advertisements for them or videos, the colors are always every which way. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

What?

I'm saying it looks like an XBone spray painted. I didn't say anything about performance so stop jumping to shit conclusions.

Can you choose to watercool the GPU's as well?  I always seem them advertise air cooled 3-way SLI yet a watercooled CPU.

It makes so much more sense to watercool the GPU's IMO, you gain more performance & temps plummet as well as noise levels :]

The reason I said stuff about the mismatched colors is because whenever I see advertisements for them or videos, the colors are always every which way. 

yup

Spoiler

I'm saying it looks like an XBone spray painted. I didn't say anything about performance so stop jumping to shit conclusions.

The only shit conclusion that's been jumped to in this thread is that the PC looks like a spray painted Xbox One.

The only shit conclusion that's been jumped to in this thread is that the PC looks like a spray painted Xbox One.

Well fuck me for having an opinion.

I thought @digitalnav would post this....

NVM, awesome but overpriced 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

The build is kinda meh for me but that case looks awesome. Need proper sleeved cables for the front panel i/o, sata cables and all other misc cables.

If you can park a car in your computer case, it too big mmkay?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I know Digital Storm won't be selling this case, but can you see any of the things this case has making it's way into the enclosure market? 

Like the integrated water cooling and wiring headers.

I really like it! It looks real nice in red. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |