[US-Newegg] 2 Kingston V300 120GB SSD - $85

BuntzenB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2466386&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-So%20Grid%20Tech,%20Inc.-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=2138476&SID=dl-1812309

You get two 120GB SSDs for only 85 bucks for a total of 240GB of SSD goodness. Even better you can RAID 0 (or 1,5,6,10,JBOD - I dont judge) them for around 1 GB/s (that's what is currently going on in my rig)

So yes, this isn't the greatest deal ever but for someone looking for around 250GB of storage for their boot disk and main files and they need it to be really fast (think pro gamer (like a speed runner, not online comp) or for a content creator like premiere, photoshop etc) this will do the trick in RAID 0

It's a V300.....

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Meh, would rather spend a bit more for 1 256GB actually good fast drive

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

single 240GB is better than 2 drives taped together to make 240GB.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Meh.. No..

CRAP is V300.

V300 is CRAP.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

whats so bad about the v300? honest question. is it really slow or something?

Over time its slows down to slower then a normal hard drive. The first ones where fine, but then they switched parts half way through production. So many people got screwed over

Lol so much hate. Haters are my motivatorzzz.

Hate, or just stating fact that the products listed are essentially faulty and no one should get them?

Honestly guys I was just posting some cheap ssds that someone can get into the whole ssd game. I know what its like to not have that much money for tech (that used to be me) and I feel this is a good entry point - or even for someone that's trying to learn raid. I have the good v300s back when they weren't made out of boiled-purified crap, but these are so cheap that I felt it had to be posted. So if you feel like these drives are too peasantry for you then by all means don't purchase them.

Honestly guys I was just posting some cheap ssds that someone can get into the whole ssd game. I know what its like to not have that much money for tech (that used to be me) and I feel this is a good entry point - or even for someone that's trying to learn raid. I have the good v300s back when they weren't made out of boiled-purified crap, but these are so cheap that I felt it had to be posted. So if you feel like these drives are too peasantry for you then by all means don't purchase them.

But that's the thing, it's not an amazing deal. Here's a 250gb bx100 for the same price. So 10gb more, don't have to deal with raid, and a faster speed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148945&cm_re=bx100-_-20-148-945-_-Product

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, I just wouldn't recommend these unless they significantly cheaper.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

But that's the thing, it's not an amazing deal. Here's a 250gb bx100 for the same price. So 10gb more, don't have to deal with raid, and a faster speed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148945&cm_re=bx100-_-20-148-945-_-Product

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, I just wouldn't recommend these unless they significantly cheaper.

Yeah OK. 

Arent these the slow as hdd drives?

No they are in between HDDs and SSDs when it comes to speed.