Ashley Madison hackers just dumped 20GB more of leaked information

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://gizmodo.com/the-ashley-madison-hackers-just-dumped-more-data-a-lot-1725392927?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Source 2: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/hackers-dump-more-ashley-madison-data

***Original thread with previous details: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/432941-update-the-ashley-madison-hackers-just-released-all-of-their-stolen-data/

And I thought 10GB was all of the leaked information. Nope, not even close. Impact team, the hacking team behind the Ashley Madison leak, has just dumped 20 more gigabytes onto the dark web. This is in addition to the 10GB they dumped a few days ago (see link above). 

So what all is included in the newly leaked 20GB of data? The email box of the Ashley Madison CEO has seemed to leak, so those should be some very fun and very interesting emails to read through. Other things include internal Ashley Madison data, such as files related to the website's design, development, and product teams. And that's just what we know from looking at the compressed folder names. 

The previous 10GB of leaked data was verified as legitimate, so it's safe to assume that this newly dumped data is legitimate as well, but wait for people the shift through all of those files. I wonder how much data they actually have on Ashley Madison... I wouldn't be surprised if more information were to be leaked now...

1394154142197413409.png

1394154142244254753.png

COMIC SANS

oh boy...

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I personally think this is awesome and hilarious that the hackers did this. Feel free to disagree

kRQBx2d_700wa_0.gif

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

I personally think this is awesome and hilarious that the hackers did this. Feel free to disagree

While I certainly think it sucks for these people.  We have needed one of these hacker groups to actually just publicly dump all the info.  We need a huge catastrophic corporate meltdown in order to get people to take security seriously.  Everyone keeps hearing about 50 million accounts hacked, 100 million accounts hacked, but nothing really ever publicly comes of it.  There aren't millions of people getting their identity stolen, no on is really losing face, companies aren't taking any real hits.  We need some kind of mega event to get everyone to actually care.  It needs to truly destroy a company and truly harm tons and tons of users. 

I would have hoped this would be the event to do it.  I can't really see AM surviving this with their name intact.  But I doubt it will shake up the industry at all, nor do I think users will even consider security for an extra second in the future.  Everyone falls into the "watering hole" mindset, where the bad things that happen to others can't happen to themselves. 

Though it is nice to see a group actually make good on their threat, from a schadenfreude point of view..  There is a lot of empty threatening going around, and it gives people this false sense of security.  Since people/groups make these big claims, then do nothing.  And while I think it sucks for these people, and it really isn't right to steal the info and release it publicly, I feel like we have been living lives on the internet with all the vault doors unlocked.  And no one cares or does anything about it.

I'm conflicted on this. It feels awesome that a bunch of dirtbags got found out, but on the other hand I wouldn't want this to happen to me(not even in this context, just in general).

I enjoy it, because its things like this the ensure more computer security jobs.

So thank you hackers, for increasing my potential job outlook.

On another note, all I can think about this situation is popcorn.gif :D

All the divorce lawyers around the world are partying right now.

And Bill Clinton is moving into a cave in Afghanistan.

-snip

On another note, all I can think about this situation is popcorn.gif  :D

The moral of that story is that the idea of currency is impossible to sustain, and slowly going to go obsolete.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Mods please delete. Accidental double post. 

Create a spreadsheet named "Ashley_Madison_Leak"

Insert a long list of randomly generated names with fake addresses and then yours in between

Leave the laptop open with the screen timeout disabled and point a camera at it

Wait for your other half to look at it and read it

????

be a Youtube millionaire (and single) by the end of the week

I'm conflicted on this. It feels awesome that a bunch of dirtbags got found out, but on the other hand I wouldn't want this to happen to me(not even in this context, just in general).

They only did it because Avid Life Media charged people to get their data deleted - but even though Avid got the money, they kept the data.

People that used this site deserve anything that is coming at them biggrin.png

54517640.jpg

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

You can report your own post to make it go away. I sat down and read the ENTIRE CoC page

I'd rather not bother the mods like that. They are fairly efficient as it is, considering the amount of traffic the LTT forums get.

There's being found out then there's being doxxed and having your credit card info stolen.

Which I will use to buy more por.. I mean education things 

Last post I'll make.

aKBEvBW_700b.jpg

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Just read a local newspaper that someone in UK already filed for divorce after finding out her husband has cheated on her through the leak. Not much on the details though.

Didn't Linus "accidentally" leak his credit card info and then cancel it? I think someone's being preemptive.