Google Maps, Chrome, YouTube offline support

ahhming

Chrome

Android will soon have a version of Chrome that'll allow you to save a webpage for offline viewing.

Youtube

allow you to keep a YouTube video saved offline - to your phone - for 48 hours. This YouTube Offline feature will be available on all Androids with version 4.4 and higher in the near future

Google Map

Google Maps will have an offline mode - you'll have to download the maps of your choose. You'll be getting offline data for places along your chosen route, like reviews of locations and open hours.You'll also be getting turn-by-turn directions along your way.Offline Maps will be coming to users "later this year." That'll be worldwide, not just in the United States.

Source:

http://www.slashgear.com/google-maps-chrome-youtube-offline-support-extended-in-a-big-way-28385669/

You was already able to do that on Android with Chrome and Maps.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The coolest part of the whole chrome part was probably the reduction of data by 80% by only showing the relevant information such as the text and general UI(place holders for images). Chrome calculates your connection speed and changes accordingly(whether it shows the images or not). I think this is only for emerging markets for now but they're working on releasing it sometime for us folk.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

And youtube to some extent, you could save music videos for up to 30days for offline listening(I think you need google play music however0. However it would be nice to download something like the wan show and listen to it out and about without having to go through the hassle of downloading the podcast version of the forum. All for making stuff easier.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

The youtube offline function seems really useful to me, even though it's only for 48 hours. 

You couldn't get turn-by-turn navigation and reviews though. Just the map and that was it, at least in my experience.