Witcher 3 Tweak Tool give you a TON of options!

blu4

Hello!

We are pretty sure that a lot of PC gamers would love to tweak some of The Witcher 3’s .INI options but are put off by the whole procedure. Well, get ready everyone for a treat. Modder ‘MelekTaus’ has released a configuration tool via which you can easily gain access to numerous graphics options.

What’s also interesting is that this config features support for SweetFX (so those not knowing how to enable it can easily do so via this tool).

This tool allows you to modify everything in the game, DLC, colors, graphics, audio and more. As always, backup your saves when using this. Furthermore it works with the latest patch 1.04. Enjoy! PS. Also downloads SweetFX :)

Source and download link: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-witcher-3-hunters-config-is-a-must-have-tool-gives-you-easy-access-to-extensive-options/

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

thanks dude, I was waiting for something like this to come out.

I was planning on possibly making one of these for the game (even though I don't play it). Written in Java is just ridiculous as no one uses Java anymore (let alone has the security hole installed on their machine) unless you're a Minecraft thug. Takes about 30 minutes to write this tops (frontend), so why Java...

I was planning on possibly making one of these for the game (even though I don't play it). Written in Java is just ridiculous as no one uses Java anymore (let alone has the security hole installed on their machine) unless you're a Minecraft thug. Takes about 30 minutes tops to write this tops (frontend), so why Java...

DO IT!!! 

But seriously, why Java?  You'd think that anyone that knows how to do this would know how terrible Java is for security.  Just weird.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

I was planning on possibly making one of these for the game (even though I don't play it). Written in Java is just ridiculous as no one uses Java anymore (let alone has the security hole installed on their machine) unless you're a Minecraft thug. Takes about 30 minutes tops to write this tops (frontend), so why Java...

Java is still widely used. Probably more than 50% of programming jobs where I live are based on Java. Then again, I find it strange if someone uses it for games as it's slow. :/

I'm really interested to see what improvements they made with this patch and if it runs better (not that it didn't run well already).

Java is still widely used. Probably more than 50% of programming jobs where I live are based on Java. Then again, I find it strange if someone uses it for games as it's slow. :/

I'm really interested to see what improvements they made with this patch and if it runs better (not that it didn't run well already).

It's still widely used because of it's capabilities when it comes to platform deployment (Java will run on just about everything). Although seeing it in a desktop environment has always disgusted me. You can always tell something's written in Java too due to how slow and clunky it is meanwhile not working half the time. It may be a completely random gripe but it's something I cant stand seeing. There's a lot of people who's going to install Java onto their machines to just use this tool for a whole two minutes of their life.

It's still widely used because of it's capabilities when it comes to platform deployment (Java will run on just about everything). Although seeing it in desktop Win32 applications has always disgusted me. You can always tell something's written in Java due to how slow and clunky it is meanwhile not working half the time. It may be a completely random gripe but it's something I cant stand seeing. There's a lot of people who's going to install Java onto their machines to just use this tool for a whole two minutes of their life.

Yeah, I would mostly agree with that. A lot of the time it's used for web apps as c# is much better for win32 applications.

Yeah, I would mostly agree with that. A lot of the time it's used for web apps as c# is much better for win32 applications.

Oddly enough I don't like C# either. I dislike any language that requires a runtime or interpreter in order to work. I like source that compiles directly to machine code.

Let me guess: No HairWorks tessellation setting? Otherwise a nice little tool.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Guess again ;)

I can't test it myself, but sure it's not just the AA level of HairWorks? Feel free to post a screenshot.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I can't test it myself, but sure it's not just the AA level of HairWorks? Feel free to post a screenshot.

I'm at work at the moment but I am pretty sure I saw hairworks tessellation and AA.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

x2

x4

x8 (Witch is stock)

and YES X16!!!! :P

Let's agree to disagree

x2

x4

x8 (Witch is stock)

and YES X16!!!! :P

That sounds like the AA level. The tessellation multiplier used to be 64.

That sounds like the AA level. The tessellation multiplier used to be 64.

whoops misread :P, yes no tessellation multiplier

Let's agree to disagree

Nice one.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I am one of the few people who think the game looks great as is? 

Been playing it for the past few days, i really don't know what all the complaining and fuss was about. I think it looks fantastic and runs butter smooth on my 290 at 1440p high preset with AMD Catalyst tessellation override at 32x (looks better than hairworks IMO).  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I going to try this out, I took a look at the .ini files and I was completely overwhelm and didn't know half the stuff on there. So far this help a lot in what most of the feature do but still needs work because not all the sub text boxes are detail enough or simple have ???? on them. 

I am one of the few people who think the game looks great as is? 

Been playing it for the past few days, i really don't know what all the complaining and fuss was about. I think it looks fantastic and runs butter smooth on my 290 at 1440p high preset with AMD Catalyst tessellation override at 32x (looks better than hairworks IMO).  

Well, some people like to have options, if they want to mod it/tweak it let them do it, is not going to break the game for you  :P.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Well, some people like to have options, if they want to mod it/tweak it let them do it, is not going to break the game for you  :P.

No, I understand that and I like having lots of options too. The game seems to have quite a wide range of graphical tweaking built-in - enough to satisfy my graphical tweaking itch. The only thing I ended up changing in one of the INI files is the cut scenes from 30 to 60fps. Everything else I'm totally happy with in this game. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Before tweaking I'd wait for more patches though: Last one has introduced several regressions for me with memory leaks (never had em before) as well as worst peformance on cutscenes with noticeable shadow issues and texture pop in.

-------

Current Rig

-------

• 1 month later...

I was planning on possibly making one of these for the game (even though I don't play it). Written in Java is just ridiculous as no one uses Java anymore (let alone has the security hole installed on their machine) unless you're a Minecraft thug. Takes about 30 minutes to write this tops (frontend), so why Java...

Who cares what language you write it in ? You're just editing a text file. Use visual basic or MS-DOS since the game only runs on Windows anyway.