Clearing the air

nerdyrcdriver

Hey everyone, 

I just wanted to write this to clear the air a little bit. I have noticed on many forums that I am a member of I tend to be a thread stopper. I post and then there are no more posts for several days even if the thread was going well beforehand.

I know that I use the word "I" a lot in my posts. I am not trying to be self centered or think that I am better than anyone else here. It's just that I try my best to speak from personal experience and the way that I convey that is through the word "I" or "my experience". 

I need to work on rephrasing my posts. Even this thread has ten uses of the word "I" not in quotes before this point. 

If anyone had the opinion that I seemed self centered or felt like I was trying to be better than everyone else, I completely understand where you got that idea from and I hope that you understand that I am not trying to be that way.

I think you're just thinking about it too hard.. I highly doubt that anything you wrote was misconstrued as something else, or that someone saw it as more than it is. I don't think that's why it SEEMS like the topics end after you. It happens to everyone. Look at how many Active users LTT has, people just move on faster.

Either way, I find it quite nice that someone actually made a post like this; but I think you're off-base (in a good way)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

What's wrong with using the word "i"? You say it when talking to people so why not use it in a forum? 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Hey everyone, 

I just wanted to write this to clear the air a little bit. I have noticed on many forums that I am a member of I tend to be a thread stopper. I post and then there are no more posts for several days even if the thread was going well beforehand.

LoL Really ? :P I though the same about me! xD

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

almost all threads die off after a couple hours of posting...so obviously if you post 30 mins after it was created not many people will post after you

thats just how forums work it has nothing to do with you

also most people post in response to the OP without reading all the replies, so its not like people read what you say and decide to not post

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hey everyone, 

I know that I use the word "I" a lot in my posts. I am not trying to be self centered or think that I am better than anyone else here. It's just that I try my best to speak from personal experience and the way that I convey that is through the word "I" or "my experience". 

I need to work on rephrasing my posts. Even this thread has ten uses of the word "I" not in quotes before this point. 

If anyone had the opinion that I seemed self centered or felt like I was trying to be better than everyone else, I completely understand where you got that idea from and I hope that you understand that I am not trying to be that way.

Exactly the same with me. U took the words out of my moth, literally 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

More people on here need to talk from personal experience rather than just spitting out things they heard. :)

Yeah, so I figured just about everyone would agree. As I said, It only SEEMS that way. As they say.. "It Ain't You.. Its Me".

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Wow, I had no idea so many people feel the same way. 

Also, I know I am just hanging out in the off topic area right now, but that is because I am at school and don't really have access to much stuff. When I get back home for the summer I am sure that I will be doing some computer upgrading at work and will reach out to the LTT community for help. Next year I will have an interesting project with my new dorm room as well. 

Thanks everyone!

Don't feel that way. Maybe you're just unlucky, maybe the thread wasn't even that interesting, or maybe, like me, you just post stuff that is barely funny or just plain stupid and people just don't wanna deal with it. Hopefully you're not like me. There are people worse than you. Just think of it like that if you wish to make it better

Hey everyone, 

Well if it's not just confirmation bias or a tendency on your part to post towards the tail end of conversations I'm sure we'll all just ignore you if whatever horrible personality defect you might have presents itself in due course.

X0P

Also...welcome to the forum. ;0)

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Meh, why should you care if a thread dies after you post something on said thread?

It happens, but is not your fault :P.

I'll say is more of a confirmation bias thing more than you being a thread stopper.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

- sniped -

The recurring level of the word " I " is ... Over 9000 !!!! 

Anyway ... I know how you feel ... I'm athread stopper too ... Maybe we are just weirdoes ... Nobody likes us ... And I know that I'm using the "..." too much ( They are called ellipsis ) ... I can't help it ... It just display my though process more clearly I guess ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I tend to either crash threads or derail them as well.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I found this happened a lot to me on the WoW forums, eventually i worked out that it was just because my posts were level headed and didn't contain anything that people could attack easily so i would often be the one to end discussions.