Acer 4K 60Hz G-Sync Monitor at $599

TERAFLOP

The Acer XB280HK is a 28 inch 3840x2160 60Hz G-Sync monitor and is selling for $599 on twitter right now. The monitor's list price is actually $899 but Newegg has an exclusive offer on the monitor that will take the price down to non g-sync monitor territory.

Screen-Shot-2015-04-19-at-1.27.35-AM.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009658

The panel in is TN based but the monitor has zero ghosting and 1ms response times.

The promotion is available via the promo code EMCARKW22 and is active till the 22nd of April. The code is exclusive to newsletter subscribers, so you’ll need to subscribe to use it. If you’re already subscribed to Newegg’s newsletter you’ll probably find that they’ve already sent you the promotional code to your email.

Source

TN

No just No

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

If it was IPS, I'd say get right on that.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Didn't know Twitter sold monitors....

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

They have an IPS 1440P 144Hz coming out in a few days for £689

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

1. should learn what "response time" actually is...

2. ALL LCD`s have an average of 10ms pixel response time no matter what.

3. I guarantee you it ghosts :)

CRT and OLED are the only technologies with zero ghsoting 

4. Also, i would like to see the INPUT LAG advertised. Makes me suspicious as to why it is not shown. Probably because the monitor is always a few frames behind of whats happening.

I love how people ITT see "G-Sync" and think "oh this is clearly designed for professional artists, photographers, graphic designers..."

Quite obviously its a gaming monitor, and so the colours are more than adequate for most people to use for this purpose without ever noticing. It's not like you can't calibrate a monitor anyway, or even eyeball any obvious discrepencies away within your video driver (which, btw, unless your IPS is factory calibrated, which most aren't, you have to do anyway)

If you think you're going to get a professional IPS CAD tool, which supports 4K and G-Sync for under $600, I don't know what to tell you. You're going to be disappointed.

And an IPS-like 3440x1440 144hz monitor coming out in a few days with G-sync and with Free Sync for 999 and 899 pounds respectively

IIRC, those prices might be 100 pounds high.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

1. should learn what "response time" actually is...

2. ALL LCD`s have an average of 10ms pixel response time no matter what.

3. I guarantee you it ghosts :)

CRT and OLED are the only technologies with zero ghsoting 

4. Also, i would like to see the INPUT LAG advertised. Makes me suspicious as to why it is not shown. Probably because the monitor is always a few frames behind of whats happening.

I have the non G-sync version of this monitor, and its absolutely beautiful. Any form of lagging on the monitor is completely unnoticeable, and there's no particular ghosting as of which to speak.

It's possible I just got lucky with my specific panel, but mines near perfect.

Assuming always causes people to ignore really nice panels. It's Newegg that isn't posting information on the monitor, not Acer.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I have the non G-sync version of this monitor, and its absolutely beautiful. Any form of lagging on the monitor is completely unnoticeable, and there's no particular ghosting as of which to speak.

It's possible I just got lucky with my specific panel, but mines near perfect.

Assuming always causes people to ignore really nice panels. It's Newegg that isn't posting information on the monitor, not Acer.

I also have this panel and can second your experiences with it. The colors looked off at first, but after calibration it looks a lot better.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

And an IPS-like 3440x1440 144hz monitor coming out in a few days with G-sync and with Free Sync for 999 and 899 pounds respectively

IIRC, those prices might be 100 pounds high.

Are you taling about the 2560x1440 or a 4k one I don't know about.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Are you taling about the 2560x1440 or a 4k one I don't know about.

3440x1440

XR341ck

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

3440x1440

XR341ck

It turned out to be 75hz.

Yes, a fucking disappointment.

But there is also info of a 35" VA 2560x1080 144hz gsync coming.

It turned out to be 75hz.

Yes, a fucking disappointment.

But there is also info of a 35" VA 2560x1080 144hz gsync coming.

Yea, i just read that.

That really sucks...

still might get it anyway

I love how people ITT see "G-Sync" and think "oh this is clearly designed for professional artists, photographers, graphic designers..."

Quite obviously its a gaming monitor, and so the colours are more than adequate for most people to use for this purpose without ever noticing. It's not like you can't calibrate a monitor anyway, or even eyeball any obvious discrepencies away within your video driver (which, btw, unless your IPS is factory calibrated, which most aren't, you have to do anyway)

If you think you're going to get a professional IPS CAD tool, which supports 4K and G-Sync for under $600, I don't know what to tell you. You're going to be disappointed.

Where are you seeing these people ITT?

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Where are you seeing these people ITT?

TN

No just No

If it was IPS, I'd say get right on that.

3440x1440

XR341ck

Sweet.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

They are just trying to suck you in before the new monitor hits the market.

~"Look at this amazing deal, spend your money right now! We don't know anything about a new monitor coming on the market." Then Monday morning at 00:00 hrs - BAM! "New monitor on sale, 1440p 144hz IPS - only $1029."(i think that's the current exchange equivalent, i may be wrong.)