New EVGA Pro SLI bridges advertised to improve gaming

Gontier

I want to plate that silver to be orange.. It'd look soooo good.

I like your thinking. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

We all know EVGA is full of s*** when it comes to things they invent, the engineers always think they created a divine thing..

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

True, it would look awesome with the gigabyte mobos.

But they must do it right, otherwise it would look like Jen-Hsun Huang's vomit 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

This is not snake oil, not entirely anyway. The older bridges, including the first Gen EVGA Pro SLI bridges ran at 400 MHz. This is absolutely fine for even 4k@60Hz on just about any application. But even 1440p@120hz/144Hz resulted in massive flickering. People had to exchange their first Gen bridges for something that was a workaround then, and even the stock bridges that came with older cards did the same thing. Nvidia has since reworked the SLI bridge to accommodate for this issue, and the upgrade here is relative to the older SLI bridges only including the first Gen Pro SLI bridges from EVGA. Currently provided stock SLI bridges will be performing no differently.

So if you have purchased a motherboard the last year or so, you will be fine with the bridges provided in it. But let's face it, the only reason to buy this really is for aesthetics only and if you have older bridges that flicker on high res/high refresh rate monitors.

They do look good. The water block manufacturers should be on this. A bridge illuminated or not complimenting your liquid cooled cards would be awesome

This is not snake oil, not entirely anyway. The older bridges, including the first Gen EVGA Pro SLI bridges ran at 400 MHz. This is absolutely fine for even 4k@60Hz on just about any application. But even 1440p@120hz/144Hz resulted in massive flickering. People had to exchange their first Gen bridges for something that was a workaround then, and even the stock bridges that came with older cards did the same thing. Nvidia has since reworked the SLI bridge to accommodate for this issue, and the upgrade here is relative to the older SLI bridges only including the first Gen Pro SLI bridges from EVGA. Currently provided stock SLI bridges will be performing no differently.

So if you have purchased a motherboard the last year or so, you will be fine with the bridges provided in it. But let's face it, the only reason to buy this really is for aesthetics only and if you have older bridges that flicker on high res/high refresh rate monitors.

But then would that not be an issue anyway cos of G-sync (what nvidia would say as the solution) 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

But then would that not be an issue anyway cos of G-sync (what nvidia would say as the solution)

No, this is an inherent multi GPU + momitor issue. Nothing to do with program fps itself. Nvidia's solution is already out there with the currently available SLI bridges, including very likely their own custom SLI bridges.

Got proof as @Godlygamer23 had a talk with there customer support and they said it only look beautiful.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344711-new-evga-pro-sli-bridges-advertised-to-improve-gaming/?p=4696897

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That guy said that these won't increase performance, and he is right. These won't do anything for performance of the cards themselves, but rather help eliminate a small issue while looking, arguably, better than stock bridges. That's all.

As far as the pixel clock issue:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1550293/evga-new-pro-sli-bridges-v2/0_50#post_23774643

http://www.overclock.net/t/1550293/evga-new-pro-sli-bridges-v2/50_50#post_23775443

http://www.overclock.net/t/1550293/evga-new-pro-sli-bridges-v2/50_50#post_23775535

http://www.overclock.net/t/1550293/evga-new-pro-sli-bridges-v2/50_50#post_23775474

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-NVIDIA-Pixel-Clock-Patcher?page=1

It's clearly a driver problem then and an SLI bridge doesn't fix that. It's all marketing bullshit from EVGA.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's clearly a driver problem then and an SLI bridge doesn't fix that. It's all marketing bullshit from EVGA.

What? That last link that helps the driver enable this only works if the SLI bridge is capable of the higher pixel clock. There have been several consumers who have had issues with this irrespective of driver before.

Let's not get confused here. The bridge itself is not needed as long as you have any recent stock SLI bridge, but the issue it fixes is very real. Rare, but real nonetheless.

What? That last link that helps the driver enable this only works if the SLI bridge is capable of the higher pixel clock. There have been several consumers who have had issues with this irrespective of driver before.

Let's not get confused here. The bridge itself is not needed as long as you have any recent stock SLI bridge, but the issue it fixes is very real. Rare, but real nonetheless.

I want to see this actually get verified.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I want to see this actually get verified.

Just talk to some of the guys who had this issue. I know a few personally and I trust them, they got nothing to do with EVGA either. One in particular was just using the stock SLI bridge from his motherboard too.

No, this is an inherent multi GPU + momitor issue. Nothing to do with program fps itself. Nvidia's solution is already out there with the currently available SLI bridges, including very likely their own custom SLI bridges.

oh, so the SLI Bridges for my Rampage V Extreme are fine then? In what year did they make the fix?

@JustCallMeVlad 4 way SLI EVGA Pro-Bridge  ;)

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

I thought they were just trolling with that. I guess they were seriously using that.

oh, so the SLI Bridges for my Rampage V Extreme are fine then? In what year did they make the fix?

Yeah those are fine, I have the RVE as well and checked them when this issue had first come out last year. Not sure exactly when the update was done to be honest!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm calling BS... it's a communication bridge, that's it.

It does not improve performance but does help out with flickering issue that the first gen EVGA pro SLI bridges had at 120Hz+. Not all of them ran at 400MHz. The new ones run at 540MHz.

Since its still NVIDIA certified I call BS, and honestly dislike that move from EVGA

See first post.

Wow Nvidia had nothing to do with this yet there is still hate lmao!

Op they look nice but i don't believe this "high pixel clock" bs

see first post

It's literally a digital cable. This is just like those 500$ usb cables. There is a standard (in this case dictated by nvidia, which I'm sure has all the interest in leaving as little bottleneck as possible in something so dumb as a cable), all sli bridges perform the same and in accordance to that standard, by definition.

Better looks, I can sort of understand though.

See first post. Also these SLI bridges are the same cost as the original and Nvidia SLI bridges. I hardly call $29.99 a $500 usb cable.

Anyways I bought 2 of these. I have a monitor that supports 144Hz at 1440p. I will test these with the EVGA SLI bridge from 2012 to see if I get flickering.

http://www.evga.com/articles/00919/EVGA-Pro-SLI-Bridges-V2/They're out of stock again. I just bought 2 of these on Thursday when they were in stock. I got the long version for my Titan X's. They were only $29.99 each and they are sexy.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

See first post. Also these SLI bridges are the same cost as the original and Nvidia SLI bridges. I hardly call $29.99 a $500 usb cable.

Anyways I bought 2 of these. I have a monitor that supports 144Hz at 1440p. I will test these with the EVGA SLI bridge from 2012 to see if I get flickering.

http://www.evga.com/articles/00919/EVGA-Pro-SLI-Bridges-V2/They're out of stock again. I just bought 2 of these on Thursday when they were in stock. I got the long version for my Titan X's. They were only $29.99 each and they are sexy.

I was comparing the marketing rather than the cost. Of course these make much more sense since they look cool and don't cost much, but false advertisement bothers me. Maybe their own bridges had problems in the past, but that's not something to praise the new product for...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I was comparing the marketing rather than the cost. Of course these make much more sense since they look cool and don't cost much, but false advertisement bothers me. Maybe their own bridges had problems in the past, but that's not something to praise the new product for...

As far as I understood it was Nvidia problem. So EVGA and Nvidia fixed it. I have both older Nvidia and EVGA sli bridges and I will test both.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

As far as I understood it was Nvidia problem. So EVGA and Nvidia fixed it. I have both older Nvidia and EVGA sli bridges and I will test both.

Can't wait for the results :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Can't wait for the results :)

I'm with you on this one. I get it Wednesday but I will post it here or make a thread about it.