So finally dual monitors

Misanthrope

Previously I was mostly a one monitor guy but as I grew used to dual monitors at work I just had to set it up home, I was looking into some cables and such (my secondary only works on VGA) but to my surprise I should have googled this earlier: You can just use the igpu as a second monitor enabler, even has that very name on my bios

Now I have no space but I got creative (a.k.a. ghetto) and just figured out that my 24 incher plus it's base it's just about the size of a mid tower, so I am using my old mid tower system as a stand and my secondary is now above my primary.

Even something as simple as being able to continue to watch Twitch or youtube while gaming on the primary is just awesome, to the point that I just don't know why would anyone not want more than 1 monitor.

Thoughts? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

to the point that I just don't know why would anyone not want more than 1 monitor.

Power usage, space issues, graphics memory usage (3.5GB anyone?), issues with taskbar (slightly fixed on W8.1), ...

Because I have the forums open on one and then I can still watch IGGY on the "Fancy" monitor. 

This is the solution to every man's life problems. 

(now if only I could 2 more monitors for Taylor and Ariana) 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

What size are they? I bought my secondary to have the same width as my main screen height, so I ghetto mounted it vertically and they keep the same top and bottom lines!

1511896_10202946646525745_675668429_o.jp

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

Honestly I RARELY have my second monitor on, most of the time it just sits there off

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What size are they? I bought my secondary to have the same width as my main screen height, so I ghetto mounted it vertically and they keep the same top and bottom lines!

-snip- 

I was reading post of yours earlier and then read you SIG, I was wondering how the 16" BENQ's would look and well I know now. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Lol I have 5 monitors and don't even have work yet :D

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

I find it LITERALLY impossible to ever use, or go back to one monitor. I realize this is like the most first world problem ever, but I NEED multiple monitors

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

*whiops double post*

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Power usage, space issues, graphics memory usage (3.5GB anyone?), issues with taskbar (slightly fixed on W8.1), ...

1) My monitors are pretty damn ecological compared to my 290x

2) I did got around the space issue, the "above" style is usually not considered but let's face it there rarely is anything above your monitor, why not another monitor?

3) 4gb vram on the GPU and 8gb of ram on my system seem ok, passed the "Ultra modded skyrim + two streams" test without dropping a sweat

4) Task bar stuff is slightly wonky yes, specially for multiple chrome windows across multiple monitors, plus the tabs on chrome are too close to the top so I resized it so I don't jump over the secondary each time I switch tabs. Might just need to get used to ctrl+tab 

-------

Current Rig

-------

I was reading post of yours earlier and then read you SIG, I was wondering how the 16" BENQ's would look and well I know now. 

I did a lot of research when deciding the size (had a huge excel sheet with sizes and resolutions) that BenQ is a crappy notebook 15,6" TN panel being sold as a "proper" desktop monitor... it uses VGA and has only 50% RGB coverage...

And the ghetto mount is really bad: I broke the place where the base mounts inside the screen and "fabricated" a piece of PVC plastic by bending it with heat, then I only putted 2 screws on the vesa mount and 1 on the base hinge, so ALL the weight is held by that only screw!

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

I find it LITERALLY impossible to ever use, or go back to one monitor. I realize this is like the most first world problem ever, but I NEED multiple monitors

Aye, I'm even thinking on how to prop up a 7 inch tablet into there for constant afterburner monitoring and stuff  :D

-------

Current Rig

-------

Dual monitors is love. It is also life.

I always have a video or whatever playing on it :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

And the ghetto mount is really bad: I broke the place where the base mounts inside the screen and "fabricated" a piece of PVC plastic by bending it with heat, then I only putted 2 screws on the vesa mount and 1 on the base hinge, so ALL the weight is held by that only screw!

Mine is ghetto but in the sense that is improvised and not really practical but actually rock solid in stability: The second monitor rests on the chasis of a fully build mid tower PC I am not using, it's stable is not going anywhere

-------

Current Rig

-------

On my main rig I've had multiple monitors for years. It's useful to have one monitor that's a live twitter feed, wiki or some other resource just there so you can look at it while you work, watch a video or play a game on the other screen. Until about a week ago when one of my monitors died. My immediate thought was "oh well, doesn't matter", fired up Netflix and then.... oh wait, I can't look up monitors while I watch Netflix? You mean I have to use my phone or, stop Netflix? What is this? ugh.

You know that thing you sometimes do where you walk into another room to get something and then forget what it was you walked in there for? Well minimising a window or switching tabs is a lot like that. Multiple monitors solves that problem. And you won't know how much more "efficient" it makes you until your second monitor dies.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I have 3 monitors, and just bought a 4th

I love having 3, it's overkill and amazing all at once. I find myself actually using all 3.

I've gotten accustomed to just dragging a tab from chrome over to a different monitor to keep the tab title bar readable. Or I'll categorize my workspaces accordingly, this monitor for productivity, this one for work, and this one for reddit :P

I cannot work with multiple monitor, i've been trying to use it since 2002

I am using 3 monitor + 1 laptop, but I have to unplug it the rest.

It makes me dizzy, I prefer 1 big screen, but not that HUGE big, 19-22 will do just fine, anything beyond that will hurts my eyes faster.

so there's your answer

it's like playing FPS games I can't stand it.

I could probably get away with two 24'' screens for work, but a third(in this case a 40'' tv) allows for the watching of shows/youtube.
One screen I think at this point would likely drive me bonkers.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

I think everyone with multiple monitors should try DisplayFusion, it can deal with most of the issues people have.

I am using a 1200p 24" and a 1080p 23" monitor at home and I would not be able to be productive with anything less. When working on a laptop (which I am doing constantly now...), I can manage a bit, but I still miss the convenience of having all that space to work on  :(

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Yea i've got two. I want 5 but that will have to wait. Currently I have one as gaming or if i'm trying to focus on a video or something. I also use it for most things. When i'm not directly watching something it's fullscreen on my other monitor. Skype and my text messaging program run over there too (it shows the same texts as on my phone and lets me send texts too). And when i'm running SecondLife it bounces around from screen to screen. It's also good to have a video on my other screen while I play shooters or whatever.

I want the five for much of the same but to run some games in surround, and then have a dedicated youtube screen and then another for Skype, texting, SecondLife.

Dual 27" Acers here, considering switching to dual projectors though.  (1 large one doesn't cut it for me, I really NEED dual screens for work)

EDIT :

I think everyone with multiple monitors should try DisplayFusion, it can deal with most of the issues people have.

Ultramon does the job just fine for me. The only thing I actually miss is the aero preview, which doesn't work on the secondary monitor.

I started using two for 3D work in Maya, but even now I gave that up I still can't go back to a single monitor comfortably.

Yep, welcome to the multiple monitor race.

I have 3.

With display fusion