Hyperkin's 'Smart Boy' leaked on Reddit

SIGSEGV

According to this post on /r/gaming Hyperkin is working on some sort of smartphone accessory that will allow you to load what are implied to be GameBoy cartridges, to run on an emulator. It is not yet known which GameBoy cartridges it will work with yet, but it would be a huge waste not to ensure compatibility with all GameBoy cartridges.

This is the concept art that was posted:
HdXNKpq.jpg

The guy who posted this has also said that it would function as a bluetooth controller and that they are looking into making it double as a battery pack. This will not be exclusive to iPhones and they are apparently working on "an open design to fit android phones".

Honestly, i think this looks very interesting, I really like what Hyperkin are doing. Though some people see this as pointless I would love to have this, it's a cool idea. Obviously, that's assuming the leak is real and not a hoax.

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Inb4 April Fools.

And why would you need to load game cartridges in? Oh wait, iPhone..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Inb4 April Fools.

And why would you need to load game cartridges in? Oh wait, iPhone..

The guy said they're also making a version for major android phones, I assume they just used an iPhone in the concept art, cuz it's an iPhone

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

The guy said they're also making a version for major android phones, I assume they just used an iPhone in the concept art, cuz it's an iPhone

I dont get it. That is so ... Dont want to see say stupid, but it doesn't make sense.

The point about phone emulating is that you dont have to take an entire system with you and that you dont have to take cartridges with you

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

But there are so many android phones, that's a disaster waiting to happen

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Double Post :(

1. Hyperkin posted it it's sitting on my fb feed right now.

2. Tomorrow is the first of April

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1. Hyperkin posted it it's sitting on my fb feed right now.

2. Tomorrow is the first of April

Remember when April Fools actually happened on April 1st? And they weren't complete trash? 

I remember. 

Remember when April Fools actually happened on April 1st? And they weren't complete trash? 

I remember. 

That was like 2012 . . . a long long time ago. 

:(

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

That was like 2012 . . . a long long time ago. 

:(

The internet does work in dog years, so yea it has been a long time. 

God, the shitposting thats going to occur tomorrow (not that it doesn't already). 

This is actually really awesome. Too bad it will likely be exclusive to iphone though.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I remember. 

3793.png

I dont get it. That is so ... Dont want to see say stupid, but it doesn't make sense.

The point about phone emulating is that you dont have to take an entire system with you and that you dont have to take cartridges with you

Maybe the cartridge is only used for legacy purposes? You can play with cartridges you own or use roms on your phone's memory.

Also to people saying it's April's fool... It was posted several days ago. Weird I cant find the pcmr post.

I'm sure they can figure out a way to make it adjustable.

Since we're supposed to not put April fools news in here I'll take it seriously and say I want one! Even if it's a joke I still want one.