Best DSR smoothness %?

Profoundsoup

What % gives the best quality while not getting super blurry or what are you using? 

i use 100%

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Every time i see you post i get the urge to have a hearty winter soup for dinner, makes me a little hungry  :lol:

That's always going to depend on the graphics card you're using. I run a 980 with 1080p, so......

I always run it at 0%

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

i use 100%

.....bahahahahahhaha

I always run it at 0%

bahahahahahahahahahah again

Sorry, at 100% you might as well have txaa x16 even thought that does not exist. And at 0% it will pretty much remove all AA. It makes things so sharp and jaggy it looks awful. If the OP wants a really good setting for DSR I would say 25% it's a good compromise. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

.....bahahahahahhaha

Sorry, at 100% you might as well have txaa x16 even thought that does not exist. And at 0% it will pretty much remove all AA. It makes things so sharp and jaggy it looks awful. If the OP wants a really good setting for DSR I would say 25% it's a good compromise. 

For WoW, anything above 0% blurs the shit out of the game, and that's the only game where I'm not GPU-limited on a 970 running at 4k.

For WoW, anything above 0% blurs the shit out of the game, and that's the only game where I'm not GPU-limited on a 970 running at 4k.

Well that might have to do with  WoW having no graphical features whatsoever. But normal games made in this decade don't have the issue of being horribly blured when DSR is applied. I have tested several levels of smoothing and the difference is like setting your monitor sharpness to -5 vs 15. It matters a little more than monitor setting but it's still better on the sharper side.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Well that might have to do with  WoW having no graphical features whatsoever. But normal games made in this decade don't have the issue of being horribly blured when DSR is applied. I have tested several levels of smoothing and the difference is like setting your monitor sharpness to -5 vs 15. It matters a little more than monitor setting but it's still better on the sharper side.

WoW has more "graphical features" than many give it credit for.

south_park_wow.jpg

Nope, not really. Still looks like it's 10 years old. 

south_park_wow.jpg

You realize that's a vanilla screenshot right? 

Lmao. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

south_park_wow.jpg

Lol 10 year old screenshot, way to make a point.  10 year old screenshot looks like 10 year old game, 10/10 would screenshot again.

Lol 10 year old screenshot, way to make a point.  10 year old screenshot looks like 10 year old game, 10/10 would screenshot again.

It really hasn't changed. They just recently changed a few textures. The have almost no difference. 

http://kotaku.com/say-hello-to-world-of-warcrafts-shiny-new-character-mo-1461125177

Now it looks like a 10 year old game with good graphics for the time instead of crap graphics for the time.

It really hasn't changed. They just recently changed a few textures. The have almost no difference. 

http://kotaku.com/say-hello-to-world-of-warcrafts-shiny-new-character-mo-1461125177

Now it looks like a 10 year old game with good graphics for the time instead of crap graphics for the time.

Looks like you are confusing art style with graphics.  Gotcha.

Looks like you are confusing art style with graphics.  Gotcha.

Art style is pretty shit too. Just because you like it does not mean that it's a good looking game.

.....bahahahahahhaha

It's a shitty post processing blur filter.

It's less like txaa x16 and more like taking a tub of vaseline and spreading it across the surface of your monitor.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

wow_warlords_of_draenor-screenshot-04_1.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

That looks like shit.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

The "best" DSR smoothness % is really going to depend on your screen and your own personal preferences. Many people seem to prefer anything between 25%-30%. I prefer about 20% myself.

That looks like shit.

That is the point lol.

Art style is pretty shit too. Just because you like it does not mean that it's a good looking game.

And vice versa, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's shit.  It's clear you've had no WoW experience in the past 2-3 years.

25% looks the best to me...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

And vice versa, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's shit.  It's clear you've had no WoW experience in the past 2-3 years.

I never said the game with shit, I said the graphics were. If you think that makes the game bad that's just because you have terrible priorities. 

I never said the game with shit, I said the graphics were. If you think that makes the game bad that's just because you have terrible priorities. 

I was obviously referring to the graphics.  You're purposely nitpicking on words to prove a point that doesn't exist.  Art is subjective.  And I obviously meant WoW experience cos the past 2-3 years has seen huge improvements and change to the graphics engine of WoW.  You clearly did not know that and linked a 10 year screenshot as holy scripture.

0% if downsampling from 4k to 1080p, 5-15% for any other resolution to 1080p.