Best DSR smoothness %?

Profoundsoup

Nope, not really. Still looks like it's 10 years old. 

Yes the graphics may seem dated to you and many others, but to say "WoW having no graphical features whatsoever" and showing a very old pic of when WoW first came out is just plain ignorance.  Clearly it shows you have no idea what you are talking about.  Yes, this game is a guilty pleasure of mine but I have seen the game go from where it was to what it is now.  With every expansion, they try to do their best to push the graphics in the game.  Yes I do agree it looks cartoony and dated at times

I have included 2 screen shots from the game.  I am currently running this at 2560x1080 resolution and my computer specs are below.  If you turn up everything to max level, I am averaging around mid to high 50's with a 980 SLI setup.  GPU Usage is at 98% and 97%.  This is just sitting here in the garrison and it gets even worse when I am raiding.  So when you say "WoW having no graphical features whatsoever", please explain to me how all these settings are irrelevant?

In short, please do not comment if you have no experience first hand.

To the OP, I set mine to 15% DSR if I ever use it.

post-152427-0-13455200-1427620518_thumb.

post-152427-0-11680700-1427620528_thumb.

I have a potato!

I was obviously referring to the graphics.  You're purposely nitpicking on words to prove a point that doesn't exist.  Art is subjective.  And I obviously meant WoW experience cos the past 2-3 years has seen huge improvements and change to the graphics engine of WoW.  You clearly did not know that and linked a 10 year screenshot as holy scripture.

Yes the graphics may seem dated to you and many others, but to say "WoW having no graphical features whatsoever" and showing a very old pic of when WoW first came out is just plain ignorance.  Clearly it shows you have no idea what you are talking about.  Yes, this game is a guilty pleasure of mine but I have seen the game go from where it was to what it is now.  With every expansion, they try to do their best to push the graphics in the game.  Yes I do agree it looks cartoony and dated at times

I have included 2 screen shots from the game.  I am currently running this at 2560x1080 resolution and my computer specs are below.  If you turn up everything to max level, I am averaging around mid to high 50's with a 980 SLI setup.  GPU Usage is at 98% and 97%.  This is just sitting here in the garrison and it gets even worse when I am raiding.  So when you say "WoW having no graphical features whatsoever", please explain to me how all these settings are irrelevant?

In short, please do not comment if you have no experience first hand.

To the OP, I set mine to 15% DSR if I ever use it.

I compared Warcraft 3 (which is on my Dual PIII rig with a Geforce 6200) to the attached thumbnails. It looks pretty much the same except for at a higher resolution (and the monitor although physically limited to 1024x768, it can display resolutions nearly up to the limit of VGA - though that makes the desktop impossible to see).

OP:

Personally I use 50% smoothness @4K when playing Portal (1080p screen).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I was obviously referring to the graphics.  You're purposely nitpicking on words to prove a point that doesn't exist.  Art is subjective.  And I obviously meant WoW experience cos the past 2-3 years has seen huge improvements and change to the graphics engine of WoW.  You clearly did not know that and linked a 10 year screenshot as holy scripture.

Actually art style is much more closely related to aesthetics which is totally seperate from graphics. Graphics are just the the technical side of the way a game looks, shadow resolution, ambient occlusion textures, things of that nature.  Wow has terrible graphics that's a fact. How good the aesthetics are is debatable and based on someone's opinion. I personally think it's terrible as well. And you keep wanting to say how graphics have improved, well this screenshot is only a few months old. Warlords of Draenor

2833886-9885239680-3848c.jpgMaybe you have heard of extra credits? This is a deeper explaination of graphics vs aesthetics. 

But to reanswer the OP's original question DSR is best used somewhere between 20-30% I imagine samfisher's issue with it on WoW is it removes any detail that exists in the game's textures. Use dsr on a much more complex scene and I very much doubt that you will notice any kind of blurring at that setting.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I like 30-33%

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

That's from South Park.. S10E08 from 2006.

So 9 years ago

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

That's from South Park.. S10E08 from 2006.

And the picture I just posted from warlord of draenor? You know...the one right above that looks nearly identical. Read all posts before commenting. It's funny how many people white knight for the graphics of an ancient game.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Well to be fair you're running your mouth off about WoW and saying it looks just as shit now as it did 10 years ago which is just silly, it has improved a lot in recent years. I no longer play but it does ok for such an old game, oh and just because someone calls you out for talking shit doesn't mean they're white knighting.

yZDt5Ae.jpg?1

And the picture I just posted from warlord of draenor? You know...the one right above that looks nearly identical. Read all posts before commenting. It's funny how many people white knight for the graphics of an ancient game.

That picture is from 3 years ago with the graphics not max.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

That picture is from 3 years ago with the graphics not max.

Sure it is. You guys just keep running in defense of WoW's graphics. It's hilarious what people will do for the things they like. It's like the comparison of a potato pulled from the ground (launch WoW) and now because someone ran some water over it and got the dirt off (current wow) you act like it's still not a potato but now it's a golden apple. Well I have already shown you why you are wrong and even shown you the kotaku article of why you are wrong and other people have already posted in defense of WoW but anyone with else will see that those pics on support my argument further. Now you keep trying to act like a potato is not a potato. I have better things to do, this went way off topic. 

Sure it is. You guys just keep running in defense of WoW's graphics. It's hilarious what people will do for the things they like. It's like the comparison of a potato pulled from the ground (launch WoW) and now because someone ran some water over it and got the dirt off (current wow) you act like it's still not a potato but now it's a golden apple. Well I have already shown you why you are wrong and even shown you the kotaku article of why you are wrong and other people have already posted in defense of WoW but anyone with else will see that those pics on support my argument further. Now you keep trying to act like a potato is not a potato. I have better things to do, this went way off topic. 

Well WoW can always max out your card if you want to. You just have to disabled max FPS. Anyways, it's an open world game that relies on heavy player population. If the graphics would improve drastically a lot of people with midrange cards (so like most of the ''commmon'' PC Gamers) wouldn't be able to play anymore and that would really defeat the point of WoW. 

But I'm sure you can compare it to other popular mmos in terms of graphics. Lmao. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan.