Whole Room Water Cooling Part 6

Am I the only one who thinks the discoloration of the tubing towards the end, looks like copper deposits, rather than whatever was living in the loop?

i was thinking lead iodide... Just a stupid thought.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

well, at least they have it figured out. for when they set it up at the new office. I tend to like these large build projects more than product reviews.

@nicklmg can you break the loop every month so Linus has to fix it again :P

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

well the good news is that they aren´t done, the new office needs cooling too :P

min 3-10

Wait what? you mean Linus actually read the manual?  I don't understand...

min 12

Oh and @LinusTech I did it, I compressed the O-ring. I'm sorry it's all my fault.

What do you mean you don't know who the hell I am? HOW COULD YOU FORGET?

I am so embarrassed.

You may have read it in the manual, but the bulb for the UV filter will need to be changed every 6 months as the UV coating on the bulbs break down and looses its effectiveness over time. So do not wait for the bulb to burn out before you replace it if you intend on it to always protect your loop.

Jesus I don't know how long they are gonna milk this cow.

I understand some episodes need to be multi-part but this is just absurd.

Unless the next part is the last one, I'm gonna stop watching this project just out of principle to not stand for this BS.

I would have not glued the filter directly to the UV sterilizer. I would've first put threaded couplings on all the openings first, this way, if one thing breaks, you only have to replace the thing that broke, instead of both things.

Also, if you did it the way I just described, you get a chance to clean out excess glue that will ooze out between the seams on the inside.

Can anyone tell me what song plays when they're trying to open up the abs cement?

If there will be more parts of these series, then it probably be a bad sign. Now every new episode seems like a video of you trying to fix something in order to save the systems :P

Hey guys even IF it doesn't break again, atleast give up a finale video and let us know how well it works. 

this series pretty much sums up why it's a bad idea to attempt this, especially when they are about to move to a new office....

linus is going to have a fun time if and when he realizes his office will need a render farm eventually.

The gunk came from the anti-freeze thing Linus used.

No. It had to come from something else. Though antifreeze contains no actual bactericideal agent, it also comes from the factory without bacteria in it. It could have come from something as simple as someone not washing their hands(90% of all diseases spread this way.)

Its an easy mistake to make though - "It works in my cars radiator, it'll work well here too" thinking. But the reason bacteria doesn't grow in your engine's radiator fluid is because your engines operating temperature is around 210-215 degrees Fahrenheit. Only a select few hyperthermophiles can thrive at temperatures above 100C or 212F.

But I think the general idea for cpu temps is to keep them below 60C, or not let them run over that for extended periods of time. And almost all bacteria can thrive and multiply at those temps.

No. It had to come from something else. Though antifreeze contains no actual bactericideal agent, it also comes from the factory without bacteria in it. It could have come from something as simple as someone not washing their hands(90% of all diseases spread this way.)

Its an easy mistake to make though - "It works in my cars radiator, it'll work well here too" thinking. But the reason bacteria doesn't grow in your engine's radiator fluid is because your engines operating temperature is around 210-215 degrees Fahrenheit. Only a select few hyperthermophiles can thrive at temperatures above 100C or 212F.

But I think the general idea for cpu temps is to keep them below 60C, or not let them run over that for extended periods of time. And almost all bacteria can thrive and multiply at those temps.

Hmm yeah.. I'm no expert I'm just stating what Linus said in this video. Honestly I was quite surprised as well that some bacteria managed to grow in the loop.

(watch from 9 minutes onwards)

I am at the point where when I watch a new part of the WRWCP, I have forgotten what happened before. Also, each episode feels the same somehow

Ad victoriam ex machina non sibi sed patriae

Linus the pump setup is wrong and has been since the episode you guys put in the 2nd pump. At the end of the part 6 when you said you did it wrong what did you do.

• 1 month later...

Been there done this.  The best reservoir on a budget would be either a plastic garbage can or a sterilite (sp?) container.  Just use a small fountain pump (home depot gardening section) to prime the bigger pump.  I'd go all out with the 50 gallon garbage can.  Cut a slot in the lid for the hoses to come out.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

• 1 month later...

Lmaooo, all these vessel comments on "part 7" that was just released last night tho:

WHOLE ROOM FIREPOLE

Guys, they're not getting one. Even if $100K was coughed up, the liability costs alone would still outweigh it. With that being said, my reasonable $150 5K-BTU window AC unit is very nice, considering we're getting ~38c heat indices (and baseball-sized hail) today. #humidity

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

So whats the plan for the LMG House once you move into the new office?

You know since you have people putting in pluming into the new place anyway......

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Does anyone have the link to the WAN show that Linus first thought of the idea on camera? I wan't to see that part again.

Wow this was a journey and a half, thank LTT for doing this. Honestly I'm surprised about how temps didnt really decrease in the room, then again, there's warm piping going everywhere and there's still like 6 guys breathing out warm air in a ~15mroom.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i