Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2015 - MWC Galaxy S6/S6 Edge and Samsung Pay converage and discussion

Aniallation

Lol. It's better because it lacks security. Genius. I'll stick to apple pay where my information is actually encrypted. 

when you say older terminals, aren't all credit terminals being updated due to the new chip system being mandated?

Its kind of funny in my area. Many stores have terminals that have the slot for using chip-based cards, but they are almost always disabled. I want to use it because it is more secure, but that function is never turned on. They have me just swipe the card using the magnetic strip instead because they can't be bothered to update the rest of their systems to work with the new (new to them) chip cards.

I don't think I've used a magnetic reader in over a year. Pretty much everywhere I go in Canada is tap. The remaining few require me to insert the card in the bottom. Wal Mart is actually the only one I can name that doesn't support tap.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

i like that existing tech can use it, i don't like that the card info in broadcasted from the phone. It may be short range but I'm sure the bad guys would find a way to intercept.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I tried to sign up for samsung pay because I wanted a free phone case, but sadly no verizon support

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Am I the only one that hasnt actually even used any of these new payment methods yet?

I feel like just giving them my debit card or actual cash is just simpler...

But anyway, good for Samsung, good to see this stuff is becoming mainstream more and more. And its good to see that theyre making top quality software for this stuff, it will only drive others to make better support for this tech in the future :)

I always almost always use cash when I'm not online.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Neither google or samsung pay seem to like my rooted phone. Any work arounds? Note 4.

I rooted my note 4 too and there is no work around. And there probably won't be since they use different athentication methods then google wallet did so it probably won't work ever. I would still rather keep my phone rooted and sacrifice mobile payments imo.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

I rooted my note 4 too and there is no work around. And there probably won't be since they use different athentication methods then google wallet did so it probably won't work ever. I would still rather keep my phone rooted and sacrifice mobile payments imo.

Yeah, I couldn't live without app settings to change the dpi of Tapatalk and the browser. Once you go small you never go back. Yeah, I said it.

lol in the uk apple pay works where ever contactless works so all this "not widespread" crap is just that.  its not apple/androids falut the US is miles behind everyone else

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Lol. It's better because it lacks security. Genius. I'll stick to apple pay where my information is actually encrypted. 

This

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The question then is, how safe are those older terminals? 

Millions of people use them everyday so it isnt any less safe then it is now already but obviously people have stolen cards because of them all the time 

lol in the uk apple pay works where ever contactless works so all this "not widespread" crap is just that.  its not apple/androids falut the US is miles behind everyone else

Every place you go has NFC? here in the US its probably only 20-30% of places most of the big stores and convience stores/gas stations have them here but every place has a MST so Samsung pay is so much more usefull then apple/Android since you can pretty much actually rely on it to work 

well i can use my rbc app and pay at any nfc terminal. problem is when there is no tap pay, i have to take out my card regardless of what service im using

fun fact today i got a free booster juice because their system wasn't accepting my card, and they had already started making it so they were like "fuck it".

and apparently they dont have tap pay either

Samsung pay doesnt need tap to pay/NFC terminals it works on all terminals that you swipe your card by Making the card reader think a card is being swiped and sends out the cards signal to the terminal which gives it a  insane amount of backwards compatiblilty compared to apple/android pay in a few years id imagine this not to be a big benefit but right now its what makes it so much more useful for me as not that many places have tap to pay 

Every place you go has NFC? here in the US its probably only 20-30% of places most of the big stores and convience stores/gas stations have them here but every place has a MST so Samsung pay is so much more usefull then apple/Android since you can pretty much actually rely on it to work 

not every place has nfc or contactless as its commonly known here but the list is huge and growing

• Aldi
  • AMT Coffee
  • Banardos
  • Boots
  • Caffe Nero
  • Chop'd
  • Coffee Republic
  • Co-op Pharmacy
  • Costa Coffee
  • Costcutter
  • Cruush
  • David Lloyd
  • Eat
  • Gourmet Burger Kitchen
  • Greggs
  • Ikea
  • J D Weatherspoon
  • Little Chef
  • London Buses
  • M6 Toll
  • Marks and Spencer
  • McDonalds
  • Morrisons
  • Nandos
  • National Trust
  • One Stop
  • Paul's Bakers
  • Paypoint
  • Post Office
  • Pret
  • Spar
  • Stagecoach
  • Starbucks
  • Subway
  • Superdrug
  • Timpsons
  • Waitrose
  • Wasabi
  • West Cornwall Pasty
  • WH Smith
  • Wilkinsons

and there are loads missing from this list

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

not every place has nfc or contactless as its commonly known here but the list is huge and growing

and there are loads missing from this list

Yeah i mean the list isnt small its probably at least 100 Companys  that accept NFC in the US but this is still only a smaller % of the overall places that there are i just dont see me being able to leave most of my CC at home and relying on paying with my phone which is what i want and maybe only carry 1 card incase. 

Yeah i mean the list isnt small its probably at least 100 Companys  that accept NFC in the US but this is still only a smaller % of the overall places that there are i just dont see me being able to leave most of my CC at home and relying on paying with my phone which is what i want and maybe only carry 1 card incase. 

in the uk its getting to the point that if a store dosnt accept contactless is strange there are still some major names dragging there feet asda (wallmart) being a notable one but yeah its really common now.