FCC Approves Net Neutrality rules, reclassifies broadband as a utility (+ other NN updates/FCC rulings from the hearing)

live blog http://live.theverge.com/fcc-title-ii-net-neutrality-live-blog/the livestream is shite though so don't bother, also i'm laughing my ass off every time the republican talk because is pure trashtalk nonsense xD

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

live blog http://live.theverge.com/fcc-title-ii-net-neutrality-live-blog/the livestream is shite though so don't bother, also i'm laughing my ass off every time the republican talk because is pure trashtalk nonsense xD

Yea, I'm hesitant to include the cesspool of Verge simply because of the Republican comments. I want to spare this site from that much stupidity. 

Pai calling it the "Obamacare of the internet" is so damn pathetic and fear mongering. 

If this passes today--I'm going to cry.  I do extremely hope that by 2018 we'll have the American infrastructure up to snuff.  Likely not going to happen, but--still can dream that we'll have a new infrastructure by then *_*

If anyone is following this, Pai's statements are truly cringeworthy and pathetic. He's being MOCKED by the Lord Wheeler himself, no one really likes his "this is the end of days" ranting on net neutrality. 

I've never seen any one person just get this much consistent flak from all sides. Its incredible. 

Good god almighty, listening to Pai and O'Rielly makes want to bash my fucking head in. Pure fucking drivel.

I wish Wheeler could just override them completely.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

https://twitter.com/zpower/status/570998899122565120

Now that I know the FCC has such low standards for intelligence, Im going to run for a position. 

Good god almighty, listening to Pai and O'Rielly makes want to bash my fucking head in. Pure fucking drivel.

I wish Wheeler could just override them completely.

ZG2y9HS.png

Impromptu drinking game:

"Light touch" 1 drink

"Fauxbearance" 2 drinks

"Obamanet" everything you have

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'm listening to the Verge stream.  Somehow I can hear.. the slithering of snakes, oil seeping through skin, and dollars escaping from pockets.  Hmmm.. xD  Regardless!  Can't wait for this to end, and Title II will be in effect.

damn wheller is going HAM on this

I like how intense Wheeler was talking when he said "No one, whether government or corporate, should control access to the open internet." and "This is no more a plan to regulate the internet than the First Amendment is a plan to regulate free speech." Go Tom!

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Update #4

fcc_nn_0690.jpg

Okay, these next parts are from the Verge stream so thats the source, its mainly of Wheelers comments as he is dropping bombs and being fairly serious about this all (I guess he got tired of the speeches delivered by Pai) 

"Let me start the process towards that vote by thanking the nearly 4 million people who participated in this proceeding. You told us you were concerned about the future of the internet, and your participation has made this the most open proceeding in FCC history."

"No one, whether government or corporate, should control access to the open internet."

"This is no more a plan to regulate the internet than the first amendment is a plan to regulate free speech."

"Some people call this a secret plan to regulate the internet. Nonsense!" Wheeler getting heated.

"The internet is simply too important to allow broadband providers to be the ones making the rules."

I like how intense Wheeler was talking when he said "No one, whether government or corporate, should control access to the open internet." and "This is no more a plan to regulate the internet than the First Amendment is a plan to regulate free speech." Go Tom!

WHEELER DROPPIN' MAD BOMBS!  Man, I never thought I'd be cheering for him.

WHEELER DROPPIN' MAD BOMBS!  Man, I never thought I'd be cheering for him.

IKR? 

TITLE II IS NOW IN EFFECT.  Incoming Lawsuits from Centurylink, Comcast, Time-warner, Cox, AT&T, Verizon, Charter, *goes on for six hours*.  BUT YEEEEEEEEES.

WOOHOO!

Did Tom Wheeler do it? Currently watching the live-stream, I do't fully understand, was Net Neutrality just confirmed?

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Did Tom Wheeler do it? Currently watching the live-stream, I do't fully understand, was Net Neutrality just confirmed?

Yes. It won by a 3-2 vote.

Sweet, it passed! Just finished watch the live stream.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Yes. It won by a 3-2 vote.

Doesn't really affect me since I'm not American, but considering the UK basically follows what America does, hopefully they will follow this order. And to Tom Wheeler,

e02ace_1618716.jpg 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)