WOW. AMD, I'm impressed!

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm extremely pumped/grateful that I won a free R9 290X from that AMD #IWant4GB contest in the first place, but I was expecting, uhhhh, one of those reference 290Xs that sounds like a jet engine at full throttle that I would need to throw an aftermarket cooler on for it to not sound obnoxious.

Oh no, no no no. AMD, you've impressed me.

:D

post-132780-0-90699000-1423865103_thumb.

A Lighting! Holy shit! That's one of the best ones, right? Not to mention it's the most badass design I've ever seen on a GPU! Black + yellow = :wub: 

Edit: So, since this is going to be my first time swapping out GPUs, how do I go about it? When should I uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones?

Edit2: Got it installed. Such a badass looking GPU!

post-132780-0-90699000-1423865103_thumb.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Congrats dude :D, me jelly jelly jelly. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Congratulations dude, you should sell those GTX 970s and go Tri-CFX

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Damn you! I would have loved to have won that competition, especially knowing they were sending lightnings, which would go great with my motherboard.

Still, lucky you for winning, it's good AMD are willing to send the best damn cards they have out right now in a competition.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

If this isn't the icing on the cake, I don't know what could be. B)

Welp. The cards great. I own a Lightning, here are some tips - 

1. Start with LN2 mode

2. At 50% fan speed with OCCT stress test - 65 degrees, OC the hell out of it

I need another Lightning :(

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I HATE YOU I GOT 10 OF MY FRIENDS TO SIGN UP TO INCREASE MY CHANCES

I actually thought it was some fake AMD account trying to bust my balls because I actually forgot about even entering into the contest when they notified me that I was a winner. :D

Congratulations dude, you should sell those GTX 970s and go Tri-CFX

I've actually talked this awesome NewEgg rep into RMAing both of mine for a refund. Currently gunna sit on this one 290X and see what the 3xx series and Nvidia's response to those has to offer. :)

Привет товарищ ))))

I actually thought it was some fake AMD account trying to bust my balls because I actually forgot about even entering into the contest when they notified me that I was a winner. :D

I've actually talked this awesome NewEgg rep into RMAing both of mine for a refund. Currently gunna sit on this one 290X and see what the 3xx series and Nvidia's response to those has to offer. :)

Suicide ASCII Text Art

Suicide-ASCII-Text-Art.jpg

░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░

░▄▀░▄░░░▄░░▀▄░░░░░

█░░░█░░░█░░░░█░░░░

█░░░▀░░░▀░░░░█▄░░░

▀▄░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▀██▄░

░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░██▀

░░░░░░░█░░░░░░███░

░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░

░░░░░▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░

░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░▀░░█░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░▄▀▀▀▄░░░░░░░░

░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░

░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└████▄└└└└└└└

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└██████▄└└└└└

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└▄█████████▄└└└

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└█████████████▄└└

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└▄█████████████████▄└

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└▄███████████████████

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└███████████████████▄

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└████████████████████└

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└█████████████████████└

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└▄████████████████████└└

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└███▄└████████████████▄└└

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└███▄└└▄█████████████▄└└└└

└└└└└▄████└└█└▄███▄└└└▄████████████└└└└└└

└└└└▄████████████▄└└└└└███████████└└└└└└└

└└└▄████████████▄└└└└└└▄███████████▄└└└└└

└└▄████████████└└└└└└└└└▄███████████▄└└└└

└└████████████└└└└└└└└└└└█████████████└└└

└▄████▄▄▄▄└└▄└└└└└└└└└▄▄███████████████└└

└▄████└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└▄██████████████████└

└▄████└└└└└└└└└└└└└└▄███████████████████▄

└█████└└└└└└└└└└└└▄██████████████████████

└█████└└└└└└└└└└└████████████████████████

└█████└└└└└└└└└▄█████████████████████████

└█████└└└└└└└▄███████████████████████████

└█████└└└└▄▄█████████████████████████████

└██████▄█████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████████████████████████

└████████████████████████████████████████

└████████████████████████████████████████

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Very nice, you are one lucky man.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Congrats, have fun with it!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I'd be jealous but I've got a shield tablet and live on the road, so until AMD catches up on that part I've to live with all Nvidia's bullshit. 

Written by Kasper Fredenslund

What's the price on the market of this card and what's the difference between this and the others 290x ? 

What's the price on the market of this card and what's the difference between this and the others 290x ? 

$370. Sapphire Tri-X is $360, normal MSI is $320, XFX DD is $330, Gigabyte Windforce is $310.

Got the prices from NewEgg.

Привет товарищ ))))

WHAT THE GOD DAMN FUCK.

LIKE I WAS NOT JEALOUS ENOUGHH..........

I know man he had two 970s as well this is a downgrade

I know man he had two 970s as well this is a downgrade

Getting a refund on my 970s, and I'll use the money I get back from those towards the new lines of GPUs once they roll out. This 290X is more than enough for 1080p I think. :P

Привет товарищ ))))

Getting a refund on my 970s, and I'll use the money I get back from those towards the new lines of GPUs once they roll out. This 290X is more than enough for 1080p I think. :P

Nice I was close to getting 2 970s but opted for a used 670 until Nvidias next cards come out

Can I say that I hate you now? No? Too damn bad. I hate you now.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

While I'm struggling choosing which to buy, if the 280x or the 285  :( I feel so poor.

Daammmnnnnn, thats badass they gave you a freaking lightning dude! the picture they used on the contest on facebook was a reference model,  shit now i am twice as sad i didnt win lol congrats dude thats awesome.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

Big congratz!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Well GZ to this awesome card.

Hehe kind of funny that they send third party cards, but oh well they know themselves that their stock heatsink is crap lol.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling