Malaysia Airlines website hacked by 'Lizard Squad'

xillius

The Malaysia Airlines website was commandeered on Monday by hackers who referenced the Islamic State jihadists and claimed to be from the “Lizard Squad”, a group known for previous denial-of-service attacks.
The website’s front page was replaced with an image of a tuxedo-wearing lizard, and read “Hacked by LIZARD SQUAD - OFFICIAL CYBER CALIPHATE”.
It also carried the headline “404 - Plane Not Found”, an apparent reference to the airlines’ puzzling loss of flight MH370 last year with 239 people aboard.

Media reports said versions of the takeover in some regions included the wording “ISIS will prevail”.

Also at the bottom of the page it says Copyright: LIZARDSTRESSER LLC which links to there stresser/booter so looks like another attempt to market themselves. They are trying to stay in the news to promote the stresser the media are helping them with this by reporting it.

UPDATE:

Malaysia Airlines confirmed in a statement that its "Domain Name System (DNS) has been compromised where users are re-directed to a hacker website".

But it said its own web servers were intact and the website itself had not been hacked into.

It said "this temporary glitch does not affect [customer] bookings" and user data "remains secured". It added that it would take 22 hours to restore the website.

Sources:
Malaysia Airlines: http://goo.gl/lPrBGP
The Guardian: http://goo.gl/17W1fq  

post-169354-0-72629100-1422257806.png

post-169354-0-72629100-1422257806.png

I thought Lizard Squad was no more.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

FFS, damn kids.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

They just want attention. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Dickheads

That lizard picture xD

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Malaysian govt is going to threatened to execute them if they catch them. All the fuss etc

Wait is the site supposed to still be down? 

works fine now right?

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

its always a mystery to me that they can hack everything with ease.

It isnt "Hacking" its DDOSing (i think)

Which any one can do.

Think of it as a kid throwing rocks at a window, eventually it'll crack.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Wait is the site supposed to still be down? 

works fine now right?

The site is fine now.

i don't understand why you would do this to malaysian airlines...

its always a mystery to me that they can hack everything with ease.

Usually all they do is DDOS, which is done with a tool that someone much smarter than them made.  (Which is all their lizard stresser is.)

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

The site is fine now.

i don't understand why you would do this to malaysian airlines...

They've copped enough shit for their missing planes, so much so that they had to take their shares off the stock market and now this.

Poor them, hopefully they recover.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Usually all they do is DDOS, which is done with a tool that someone much smarter than them made.  (Which is all their lizard stresser is.)

This time it was only a DNS Hijack where the redirected it to their page.

Are you fucking serious right now ? What are they going to do now fucking DDOS a goddamn hospital ?!  I hope they get caught and brutally beaten with fucking frozen fish, tired of this shit from lizard squad

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just want attention and are getting away with it - next couple times I bet they will go big and then get hit back hard by govs and other groups - hopefully the end of them

Maybe just DNS poisoning.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I thought Lizard Squad was no more.

LOL YEAH RIGHT

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

"Peter punched Joe to get Sally's attention."

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Anyone considered that someone else did this and blamed it on lizard squad?

Dunno how hard that would be to detect or figure out or what not, but seems possible, however remote a possibility it may be.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs