this is the downfall of AMD

silenthill_69

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

Hasn't their market share been smaller for a while? Once they release their new GPU's I might consider getting one, new GPU + free sync monitor will be my next upgrade probably. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

nvidia sort of do already dominate the gpu area with only 30 percent of the community using amd

Sources:http://kotaku.com/which-graphics-card-do-you-use-nvidia-or-amd-1440853030

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

That's just because the 970 launched. You'll see, AMD will return to its usual 40ish% marketshare when the R9 3xx series launches.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

as much as the 970 rules, i wish amd all the luck in the world because without competition, nvidia will turn into greedy fuckers and charge whatever they want for gpus

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Maxwell was a disappointment for me. Going to see what AMD offers in their next generation.

970 might turn out to be a flop depending on how this whole 3.5gb of vram thing goes. Just saying.

true 

I don't think AMD is going anywhere :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

There main downfall is the monkeys that work in the GPU drivers department.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

End of AMD: "Owns  30-40% of hundred millions worth market"

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

970 might turn out to be a flop depending on how this whole 3.5gb of vram thing goes. Just saying.

There response to the 970 issue was this:

"The GeForce GTX 970 is equipped with 4GB of dedicated graphics memory.  However the 970 has a different configuration of SMs than the 980, and fewer crossbar resources to the memory system. To optimally manage memory traffic in this configuration, we segment graphics memory into a 3.5GB section and a 0.5GB section.  The GPU has higher priority access to the 3.5GB section.  When a game needs less than 3.5GB of video memory per draw command then it will only access the first partition, and 3rd party applications that measure memory usage will report 3.5GB of memory in use on GTX 970, but may report more for GTX 980 if there is more memory used by other commands.  When a game requires more than 3.5GB of memory then we use both segments."

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

This. If they have to recall them it would be a disaster. And even if it can be solved with "just" a firmware update it would be an absolute PR disaster.

There response to the 970 issue was this:

"The GeForce GTX 970 is equipped with 4GB of dedicated graphics memory.  However the 970 has a different configuration of SMs than the 980, and fewer crossbar resources to the memory system. To optimally manage memory traffic in this configuration, we segment graphics memory into a 3.5GB section and a 0.5GB section.  The GPU has higher priority access to the 3.5GB section.  When a game needs less than 3.5GB of video memory per draw command then it will only access the first partition, and 3rd party applications that measure memory usage will report 3.5GB of memory in use on GTX 970, but may report more for GTX 980 if there is more memory used by other commands.  When a game requires more than 3.5GB of memory then we use both segments."

That still doesn't explain why performance drops so drastically when the last .5 GB of memory are being accessed. If this is "by design" it might be even worse than what we're thinking right now.

End of AMD: "Owns  30-40% of hundred millions worth market"

This ^^

lets not forget that they power all the consoles, which is significant! So maybe lagging in the desktop gnu race, but they're certainly not gone. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

i think people forget that they have the best APUs currently 

Yes, but it'll take a while before they are actually viable unless you do like 400 dollars build or something. 

For most builds it's better with dedicated gpu.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Yes, but it'll take a while before they are actually viable unless you do like 400 dollars build or something. 

For most builds it's better with dedicated gpu.

viable.... they are used in all of the consoles 

Joke or not, they're not as bad as people say they are.

Not a joke I am serious.

I own two 290x's and since 14.7 they haven't bothered to fix a card breaking bug imo with eyefinity. Lots of people have the same issue and have posted on the AMD forums and not one single person from AMD have replied. One person opened a ticket with AMD and it took them two weeks to reply to him and even when they did it was literally a money who did. (they didint know CrossfireX was AMD's version of SLI, they also thought the 290's used Crossfire bridges). I am not buying another AMD product after I upgrade my GPU's in a year or two.

I could fully believe that AMD will either go bust or leave the GPU market if they dont fire and hire new driver people.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I'm surprised this is only just becoming a big thing on here. It's been around for a while.

viable.... they are used in all of the consoles 

400 dollar builds

consoles

They are good, I have one in an HTPC but they have a point. You wouldn't build a 600 dollar or higher gaming machine with an APU for graphics.