this is the downfall of AMD

silenthill_69

market share is going down & card manufactures are switching sides so is this the begging of the End

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidia-could-dominate-market-of-desktop-graphics-cards/

Wait for their carrizo to come

htpc will rise so much in sales

Amd catalyst omega basically closed the gap of 290 and 970

Freesync is free

HBM

water cooled gpus

dude amd will go on a roll

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

And what prompts you to think they will be charged with keeping AMD alive?

because that's what microsoft was charged with when apple went under, nvidia would have to give amd money to keep them going

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

The 970 vram memory issues could wind up being a big issue for Nvidia since future games are becoming more memory intensive and a LOT of 970 owners bought the card with SLI at higher than 1080p resolution in mind. From a performance standpoint the 960 is a total flop, Nvidia will have to rely on fanboyism and slick marketing to cover up a card that basically sucks and is almost obsolete on launch.

I'd agree that the 960 is mediocre, but the 970 is hardly 'obsolete at launch'. the card was well reviewed/benchmarked at launch, and it still performs the same now as it did before.

Its hilarious how everyone had a love affair with the 970, until the 'discovery' of this 'memory bug' (which isn't a bug), and now its all the sudden a horrible card.

They need some new architecture or I will start to seriously worry

GCN is still a decent architecture and they've been incrementally improving it.

Sub 300 dollar range, the 3 year year old amd cards are still on par and better value/performance than nvidia's. You would be hard pressed to recommend an nvidia card in that range for new builds.

Their CPUs are lacking, but I am excited to see about their new zen lineup.

Carrizo looks to be a very good chip, and with their new HBM and freesync technologies, along with having a hand in all the consoles and nintendos upcoming new console. I am not worried for the immediate future.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

i have been buying nothing but amd gpus since upgrading from my old 8800gt back in 08 lol.

if the new 380x and 390x are awesome, i will get a couple more amd gpus.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

lot of you forgot that AMD is CPU company & their graphic cards are made by a company called ATI witch AMD acquired witch was a successful company before so AMD has failed as a CPU company since the Phenom chips   

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

Yall need jesus

I'm waiting for the collective anal clench of nvidia fanbois when the 390x will land with bedazzling temperatures and IDGAF power consumption

IMO i think that for the greater good, the gpu market have to stay as a duopoly, unless you want 600$ cards and no alternatives, you better pray that AMD doesn't go out of business

Its hilarious how everyone had a love affair with the 970, until the 'discovery' of this 'memory bug' (which isn't a bug), and now its all the sudden a horrible card.

That reveals those individuals motivation for buying the card in the first place: Hype and Excitement. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I think everyone forgot that AMD GPU's are all ATi

because that's what microsoft was charged with when apple went under, nvidia would have to give amd money to keep them going

Wait, Microsoft gave Apple money to stay alive? Why? To be able to compete?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I had this one: ATi X800GT

post-119493-0-68201600-1422217022.jpg

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I think everyone forgot that AMD GPU's are all ATi

Wait, Microsoft gave Apple money to stay alive? Why? To be able to compete?

yes because if microsoft was the only relevant pc os company and there was no competition they could jack up prices and there would be much less innovation or pressure to create a worthy product, this happened more than a decade ago by the way, its just an example

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

For me AMD has always gone the route of pure performance so as they continue to make there cards faster the power and heat keeps going up Nvidia released Maxwell which was not crazy performance wise but, it gave Nvidia the head room to make crazy fast cards. Thats my two cents. (my username does not mean I am a total Nvidia fan my brother dared me to use that username.)

I've been reading all your threads with interest but there is something I need to point out AMD don't have any money they are borrowing to keep running their business & cutting marketing costs & jobs also there is NO new CPU's line-up only APU's which mostly compete in the laptop & mobile arena they also made new mistakes like a ram & ssd line-up in a very competitive market also AMD will not go down like you think they will be acquired by another corporation that has cash

you might want to check their balance sheet.

Yall need jesus

I'm waiting for the collective anal clench of nvidia fanbois when the 390x will land with bedazzling temperatures and IDGAF power consumption

IMO i think that for the greater good, the gpu market have to stay as a duopoly, unless you want 600$ cards and no alternatives, you better pray that AMD doesn't go out of business

HAHAHAHAH i laughed so hard till i cough lol ur illuminati and that

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

HAHAHAHAH i laughed so hard till i cough lol ur illuminati and that

JOIN US 

we give free gpus