Biggest misconception in technology?

Steam OS or linux plez

Considering that both have limited game support, neither is a good choice for something you're recommending to someone as a console replacement. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Steam OS or linux plez

Not a comparable alternative. Yes, there's better Linux support now then there's ever been, but only about 20% of Steam games have Linux Support.

So, when doing any Console comparison builds, ALWAYS include the price of Windows in the build. Otherwise it's not a real comparison.

Considering that both have limited game support, neither is a good choice for something you're recommending to someone as a console replacement. 

This.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I thought that there was a component in the CPU that spun around quite fast to process things.

No idea why.

I thought that there was a component in the CPU that spun around quite fast to process things.

No idea why.

13080_PE040801_S3.JPG

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

That experience, skill and knowledge of home pc's would transfer across to being a professional systems administrator.

It doesn't

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

From a lot of my friends:

*looking at my dual/triple monitor setup*
"Ow, you have multiple PCs running at the same time?"

Their face, when I say it was off one card. xD

More gigahertz = faster CPU, can't believe that I had to argue with my computer science teacher about this and she still doesn't believe me.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

AMD GPUs run hot

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

More gigahertz = faster CPU, can't believe that I had to argue with my computer science teacher about this and she still doesn't believe me.

Well he's right, More GHz=faster

Not more powerful, but faster.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Well to some extent yes, but it's not the only deciding factors, especially nowadays.

Pascal laptops guide

Well to some extent yes, but it's not the only deciding factors, especially nowadays.

What i'm trying to say is faster is the wrong word to use. Don't use it.

What i'm trying to say is faster is the wrong word to use. Don't use it.

Yeah, my English sometimes gets lost.

Pascal laptops guide

Yeah, my English sometimes gets lost.

Oh lol i didn't even notice you weren't a native english speaker. Sorry, no mean to insult your english. It's just everyone seems to do it, english speaker or not.

If the computer is faster, it's more powerful. Frequency only truly matters when comparing two similar CPUs.

Example: 3570K @ 4.2GHz versus 3570K @ 5GHz.

That being said, if you compare Haswell and Ivy Bridge, you would need the same number of cores and the same frequency to limit as many variables as possible.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I broke our mutual friendship and his dreams of playing in UHD on an Xbone

Him: *sits in corner crying eyes out*

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Oh god thats pretty bad xD. You just respond to everything dont you? Every time I post something you are the first one to reply to it.

Well he his name is SoaringChicken you know? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Thinking that the monitor is the computer.

Thinking that more gpu memory makes it faster (like 2GB versions of low end cards in 'gaming' PCs).

Thinking that a larger hard drive makes it faster.

Him: *sits in corner crying eyes out*

*While eating doritos and drinking mountain dew, and playing COD:AW*

(In 1280x720 instead of 3840x2160)

(At 30fps)

(Probably higher res and fps but to make fun of him we must mock him)

People actually seem to think they're getting their money's worth when buying iPhones.

I wouldn't mind an iPhone 6, it's a bit expensive but it's a beautiful piece of hardware with a wonderful display.

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

I wouldn't mind an iPhone 6, it's a bit expensive but it's a beautiful piece of hardware with a wonderful display.

I think there are a few other phones out there that are miles better. And I personally don't think the display is anything for Apple to brag about. It's by no means pretty when comparing it to other phones. I also quite frankly it's the most uncomfortable iPhone to hold, and I've held & owned every generation of the iPhone since the 3G. By far the worst design. Then again my favorite to actually hold was the 3G, so there's that.

And come on, no upgradeable storage? No replaceable battery? What a rip off. It's more than a bit expensive for what you pay for it. And lets not even get started about how terrible iOS has become over the past few years.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I think there are a few other phones out there that are miles better. And I personally don't think the display is anything for Apple to brag about. It's by no means pretty when comparing it to other phones. I also quite frankly it's the most uncomfortable iPhone to hold, and I've held & owned every generation of the iPhone since the 3G. By far the worst design. Then again my favorite to actually hold was the 3G, so there's that.

And come on, no upgradeable storage? No replaceable battery? What a rip off. It's more than a bit expensive for what you pay for it. And lets not even get started about how terrible iOS has become over the past few years.

Miles better...I don't think so. You can't deny that the iPhone is one of the highest end phones (ignore the price for a minute). Performance-wise it keeps up with all the Android phones, camera-wise it's better than most. OS-wise it's the same thing -- just less customizable (customizability, which can be gained by jailbreaking). 

Most phones don't have replaceable batteries anymore (although, Apple does need to get over this thinness fixation and use a bigger battery). And no expandable storage is a pretty big downside. But in the long run Android/iOS are the same thing 99% of the time. 

And getting back to price, iPhones might cost quite a bit more upfront, but they also retain their value incredibly well -- after the iPhone 6 was launched I had several offers of $400 for my 64gb 5s, but in the end I opted to turn them all down for the same reason I went with the 5s in the first place -- I don't want a phone that's not comfortable to use with one hand.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

LED monitors > LCD monitors

That's 1 thing I don't get. True LED monitors are the OLED ones. Just using LED backlights on an LCD monitor doesn't make it an LED monitor as the LED only provide light.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That's 1 thing I don't get. True LED monitors are the OLED ones. Just using LED backlights on an LCD monitor doesn't make it an LED monitor as the LED only provide light.

well, marketing. lol

if you can imagine always trying to explain to people these aren't competing techs and they're just like "ok"  :D