Artificial Intelligence helps Mario play his own game

Sodisna

Now, thanks to a team of German researchers, gaming's most famous plumber can actually think for himself.

The Mario A.I. Project has developed an artificially intelligent Mario which is aware of himself and his environment and responds to spoken instructions.

The character will also make decisions on what to do based on what he has learned.

Sauce: http://m.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30879456#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa

This is certainly an interesting concept

So you hit go and he plays the game himself? thats pretty cool.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

There was an AI playing Flappy Bird, getting to 150 a while back IIRC...

But this is far smarter. Thanks for posting.

Sig under construction.

"If he is hungry, he will find and collect coins, or if he is curious he will happily explore the Mushroom Kingdom." He must have a very iron rich diet... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It is much better than some flapping bird. Personally, I hope AI doesn't evolve to thepoint of well, Matrix.

For some reason I keep thinking he'll give up on saving the princess, and end up sitting on a sofa eating red and green mushrooms all day long.

Sauce:

Sauce : hmm yummy 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

It is much better than some flapping bird. Personally, I hope AI doesn't evolve to thepoint of well, Matrix.

Screw that I want living Geth within the next 100 years. Lets just not try to wipe them out once we make them. xD

he will stop playing once he relies that the princess is in another castle

they did say he learns from his mistakes. we will see  :D

SPAAAAAACE!!!

They did this before. I remember it.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.