Ubisoft AC:U patch attempted to "fix" performance issue by lowering graphical settings

ComradeHX

Do we all understand that these are screenshots from PS4 and that update 3 isn't even up on pc yet?

Clearly...but it's not all about PC.

But this likely means that ubisoft didn't reallt find a significant fix for game performance(thus resorted to downgrading graphics settings)...it will mean PC version isn't getting better performance and peasants, for once, gets shafted.

Most people clearly understand this.

It is you who did not understand.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

They are probably only doing this for the consoles who don't have the raw power to render lighting effects.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

For the contrary, i know this is ps4, and ubi ont only lowered the graphics, but we can't really tell if the game actually runs better or not with the same graphics, so instead of every1 hating on ubi, just wait for the PC patch, what you say "it will mean PC version isn't getting better performance" it's not confirmed, and just makes no sense, just wait for the pc version, don't assume things.

Just let the console players hate untill the patch is out on pc.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

it will mean PC version isn't getting better performance and peasants, for once, gets shafted.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if they release the same "fix" for the PC version, to keep the balance between the platforms.

Well the game on PC has no difference in performance from very high to high, so maybe graphics differences and actual performance will improve if you lower the graphics, but i don't konw why every pc gamer is complaining and hating on ubisoft, over a ps4 image, i mean we suffered with watch dogs, console owners didn't say shit, so for now i don't see the point on complaining untill the pc patch.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Osama Adam, on 28 Nov 2014 - 12:30 AM, said:

Do we all understand that these are screenshots from PS4 and that update 3 isn't even up on pc yet?

I know it's on PS4, but still this is a pretty big downgrade lol. However I can't say I blame them, I mean the console's aren't very powerful to say the least lol...

Well the game on PC has no difference in performance from very high to high, so maybe graphics differences and actual performance will improve if you lower the graphics, but i don't konw why every pc gamer is complaining and hating on ubisoft, over a ps4 image, i mean we suffered with watch dogs, console owners didn't say shit, so for now i don't see the point on complaining untill the pc patch.

Parity, that is all.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Parity, that is all.

Well, you can't expect the same game, to run exactly like it would on a high-end pc, with the hardware on the new consoles. So yeah, i'd like to see the game look much better on pc, like it should be. I mean, it wouldn't be fair if pc gamers have to play the game on a lower quality just because consoles can't handle it.

And this is why I am glad I pirated the game, wasn't worth my money. I bought the last copies of Assassins Creed even though they were progressively getting worse and worse, this time I decided I wasn't going to buy it until I played it first. Now its clear the game wasn't finished (despite the 4 year development) and so they and just nuked the graphics on console and will more than likely do the same to the PC version.

Won't be downloading any patches off Ubisoft if they do, if they don't and they leave the graphics settings alone on PC and I can see these patches do indeed fix the game I may consider buying it.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

And this is why I am glad I pirated the game, wasn't worth my money. I bought the last copies of Assassins Creed even though they were progressively getting worse and worse, this time I decided I wasn't going to buy it until I played it first. Now its clear the game wasn't finished (despite the 4 year development) and so they and just nuked the graphics on console and will more than likely do the same to the PC version.

Won't be downloading any patches off Ubisoft if they do, if they don't and they leave the graphics settings alone on PC and I can see these patches do indeed fix the game I may consider buying it.

Meh, not even worth a pirate in my opinion. How much has AC changed over the series? If you've played the first few, no point in playing the recent ones.

Meh, not even worth a pirate in my opinion. How much has AC changed over the series? If you've played the first few, no point in playing the recent ones.

I played all of them.

AC 1 was good, AC 2 was a major improvement, AC Rev and Brotherhood (expansion of Ezio) were decent (had issues on PC), AC 3 was horrible story but pretty graphics but ran horrible on PC, AC 4 was okay and ran quite well on PC...

And obviously we all know the story behind AC Unity. I only pirated it because I played the other ones and I wanted to continue playing it.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Well, you can't expect the same game, to run exactly like it would on a high-end pc, with the hardware on the new consoles. So yeah, i'd like to see the game look much better on pc, like it should be. I mean, it wouldn't be fair if pc gamers have to play the game on a lower quality just because consoles can't handle it.

That's not what Parity means to Ubisoft...

That's not what Parity means to Ubisoft...

I'm sure that this happend with watch dogs, the game was too demanding so they downgraded the graphics and in the end, it looked pretty bad untill some patches and some "hidden" settings were found.

Anyways, i think the new pic looks even better, looks more real, i mean i think that lightning effects were not that real anyways, looks like a lightning tube is on the roof

All they did was remove antistropic filters. That's why it looks darker.

Fucking internet

ITT optimization= magic

Lowering settings to improve playability=bad

Ubisoft is evil either way

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Fucking internet

ITT optimization= magic

Lowering settings to improve playability=bad

Ubisoft is evil either way

Having graphics downgraded(graphics which YOU paid for) is not bad?

It's like you buying a painting but, later, the author took away a few strokes because it's "too complex" for your brain to understand.

People want better graphics, when their HW can't handle it, they complain, when the graphics are lowered, they complain. GET YOUR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER PEOPLE.

I can run crysis 3, far cry 4 and few other games maxed out at 1080p. I can't do it on AC:U. It must be my fcking hardware...

I can run crysis 3, far cry 4 and few other games maxed out at 1080p. I can't do it on AC:U. It must be my fcking hardware...

I'm sure you can max out crysis 3 with a 280x: http://www.hardwareluxx.de/images/stories/galleries/reviews/2013/radeon7990/bench/crysis3-4.jpg

Unless maxing out for you means low filters, nearly no antrostopic filtering, and high settings. OR you can max out the game and run it at 35fps.

I've accepted my 7950 is not enough, i don't get why you and many others don't (:

Nope. Everyone jumps on the hate train because it's what the cool kids do.

I have the game on pc, and i think i saw 1 bug, where 1 woman came up from the floor, and that's it, also i was playing with the settings on high, minimum filters and 1080p at above 40fps with a 7950 and a 3570k.

So no, it's not sarcasm, i know other people with a better pc that would tell me that the game runs almost perfect with the last patch.

I really don't understand the hate towards ubisoft this time, the game needs a little bit of better optimization for pc.

The game looks good, and to look good you need hardware, or what, you want the graphics to keep improving and you to keep playing at the same quality with the same hardware? Stop spreading this made up hate for AC Unity, it runs like shit on consoles, on pc is fine if you have high-end graphics card. All ubi needs to do is to optimize the game so you can run the game with a mid-end graphics card like a 760, a 280

Ubisoft has resorted to paying people to say nice things about them on forums it seems.

"its cous nex gen griphics and it's liek crisis gais wait a few yers fir a $600 gefx cird dat be able run it."

TIL: Nothing new, dumb people exist on LTT

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I'm sure you can max out crysis 3 with a 280x: http://www.hardwareluxx.de/images/stories/galleries/reviews/2013/radeon7990/bench/crysis3-4.jpg

Unless maxing out for you means low filters, nearly no antrostopic filtering, and high settings. OR you can max out the game and run it at 35fps.

I've accepted my 7950 is not enough, i don't get why you and many others don't (:

Your system should crush ac:u. That it doesn't speaks to poor programming, not a weak computer.

Your computer is literally twice(or more) the cpu power of a console, and easily 2x the GPU, yet the game doesn't run anywhere near 2x as good. This is because of poor programming.

"oh I must need better hardware" is simply not true you have some of the best hardware money can buy.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

It was confirmed that these "post-patch" screens just show a lighting bug.

144Hz goodness

Ubisoft has resorted to paying people to say nice things about them on forums it seems.

Well apparently to be a cool kid you need to hate on ubisoft

Your system should crush ac:u. That it doesn't speaks to poor programming, not a weak computer.

Your computer is literally twice(or more) the cpu power of a console, and easily 2x the GPU, yet the game doesn't run anywhere near 2x as good. This is because of poor programming.

"oh I must need better hardware" is simply not true you have some of the best hardware money can buy.

Not really, but the game runs almost perfect with a 780 and the same cpu i have, i saw it on a friends house, what i mean is that the game has to fix shit with mid-range gpu, high-end need a tweak to reach constant 60fps.

I agree the game at launch was shit, then it got better, almost completely playable.

And no, my system shouldn't, my gpu is almost 3 years old(went out in 2012), it makes sense if it's not enough.

Am i the only one who looked at the photo and thought it looked better

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place