Ubisoft AC:U patch attempted to "fix" performance issue by lowering graphical settings

ComradeHX

Unless you have a legitimate link as well, please stop reporting reddit posts, the last one about denovo causing excessive reads and rights were proven to be false

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

The game doesn't look impressive enough to demand these performance requirements. Look at this;

http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Assassins_Creed_Unity-test-ac_1920_msaa.jpg

780 SLI to break 60? 

And the frametimes are all over the place;

http://www.hardwarepal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Assassins-Creed-Unity-Frame-times-2560x1440.jpg

Take also into consideration that the witcher 2 was a 10mil. budget game. I don't even want to know what AC:U cost to make. And it still ends up being worse.

Those benchmarks are from the release, the game has improved in terms of frame rate issues since then.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

AC Series ended in revelations. IMO 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Ubisoft

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Oh Gawd, the textures, they're hideous now  :blink:

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

The game doesn't look impressive enough to demand these performance requirements. Look at this;

http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Assassins_Creed_Unity-test-ac_1920_msaa.jpg

780 SLI to break 60? 

And the frametimes are all over the place;

http://www.hardwarepal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Assassins-Creed-Unity-Frame-times-2560x1440.jpg

Take also into consideration that the witcher 2 was a 10mil. budget game. I don't even want to know what AC:U cost to make. And it still ends up being worse.

Those benchmarks are using the bugged MSAA which cuts the fps in half.

They clearly didn't even look at the settings or tried out settings.

The only games that is on on par with AC U from a tech standpoint is Ryse Son Of Rome and that game doesn't run much better.

The game has performance issues but it's not even close to what people make it out to be not to mention that it's one of the best looking games that you can buy and is in many ways even superior than Crysis 3.

Screenshots I made of both games maxed with FXAA and I get 10fps more in AC:U while it has way more on screen:

ACU 1

ACU 12345

crysis3 2014 01 19 01 00 35 73

crysis3 2014 01 19 00 58 00 40

RTX2070OC 

People want better graphics, when their HW can't handle it, they complain, when the graphics are lowered, they complain. GET YOUR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER PEOPLE.

I think the Patch looks better than before O.o.. maybe it's my monitor.. dunno, but hell yes, more frames = more fun ... Less frames = FUCK THAT NO THANKS..

So I pick frames and not graphics.. (Ehrrrr... but don't make it an 8bit game ok? :])

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Actually, this piece of shit game stutters and glitches on extremely high-end hardware, because Ubisoft overloaded the draw call pipeline in DirectX.

The responsibility is 50% on Microsoft and 50% on Ubisoft.

And let me tell you one freaking thing

CUSTOMERS SHOULD NEVER STOP COMPLAINING

PEOPLE SHOULD STOP BUYING CONSOLES

Seriously...is it just me?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The game looks good, and to look good you need hardware, or what, you want the graphics to keep improving and you to keep playing at the same quality with the same hardware? Stop spreading this made up hate for AC Unity, it runs like shit on consoles, on pc is fine if you have high-end graphics card. All ubi needs to do is to optimize the game so you can run the game with a mid-end graphics card like a 760, a 280

The game is nowhere near graphically impressive enough on a technical level to warrant

the kind of atrocious performance issues that users are witnessing - on ANY device.

Ubisoft have been developing this game for 4 years, forming together to do so shortly after

they had completed Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. They touted it to be a title with an

extremely impressive level of graphical fidelity and animation quality, in addition to having a

much higher number of NPCs on-screen at a time compared to previous titles. All of this

marketing, all of the footage of the game, was centred around the Xbox One and PS4 version

of the game - as such it is in my opinion wholly unacceptable that the game proceeded to

fall so short of what it was promised to be like, and that their initial attempts to fix the issues

were to do nothing other than to outright downgrade the game.

This is appalling, and I expect that many customers who purchased this game will be quite

understandably frustrated by this situation. Frankly, if I were one of them, I would be

demanding a refund or some sort of compensation...

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

xD they only stopped digging to start again at double the pace

I don't know if we could say they stopped more like paused to catch their breath lol

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

You should update the topic to tell that this is just a TOD bug in that area (which has been there before this patch)

Source:
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-unitys-lighting-bug-is-caused-by-different-tod-settings-affects-all-platforms/

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Wait... I thought Ubisold didn't do that much digging this week...

Must have flown under the radar

Halfbreed

Can that even be considered "fixing"? Seems more like sweeping it under the rug...or putting lipstick on a pig.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The game is nowhere near graphically impressive enough on a technical level to warrant

the kind of atrocious performance issues that users are witnessing - on ANY device.

Ubisoft have been developing this game for 4 years, forming together to do so shortly after

they had completed Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. They touted it to be a title with an

extremely impressive level of graphical fidelity and animation quality, in addition to having a

much higher number of NPCs on-screen at a time compared to previous titles. All of this

marketing, all of the footage of the game, was centred around the Xbox One and PS4 version

of the game - as such it is in my opinion wholly unacceptable that the game proceeded to

fall so short of what it was promised to be like, and that their initial attempts to fix the issues

were to do nothing other than to outright downgrade the game.

This is appalling, and I expect that many customers who purchased this game will be quite

understandably frustrated by this situation. Frankly, if I were one of them, I would be

demanding a refund or some sort of compensation...

There is indeed a compensation of free content that's not supposed to be free, and a free ubisoft game for the ones who purchased the season pass.

I agree with you, don't get me wrong, i think that if this was the result of 4 years of development, ubisoft should go bankrupt, i have more complains than good impresions about the game, not by far, but i do, i mean there are some scenes of the game where it looked like the devs thought "Well we can have a lot of npcs together without losing many performance, we should copy and paste them in a square shape to make a big crowd". And that's how it is, you see in a lot of cases a large amount of npcs not even moving, 1 right next to the other1, like some lazy way of doing it.

But the game has good things too and that's where i disagree with most of this posts, everyone talks about the bad stuff, which is major, but there are good stuff too, and i think the game asks you for a high-end pc for you to play it as it's supposed to be played, however i think it's wrong that the game has such a HUGE difference between some cards, i think the game runs like shit on nearly every graphics card out there, but the game runs like it should with high end ones.

I don't know if i'm clear with this, the game will run beautiful on a single 970 on 1080p (it's what i have, and i can confirm that with the last patch out) but if you go down in terms of gpu performance, just a little bit, everything just runs like shit, and i think that's why the game runs bad on consoles, and on most pc's, because the line between a 290/970/290x/780 and lower, it's TOO BIG.

Also at least for pc, the downgrade is not there, those lightning things that apparently are on the pictures of the first post, are not on PC. And i've read that it's not even true.

So in the end, the game has more bad stuff than good, but when you're not complaining about the game, try to play it and enjoy it, the game is quite good, i'd dare to say the best AC since revelations, IF YOU TAKE OUT the performance issues. Don't get me wrong, just "accepting" that the game runs bad is totally wrong, every1 should be mad as every1 is, and should not accept the game and move on, but yeah.

Also, i think i see it this way because i got it for free with the 970, though i was playing it pirated it before with a 7950, so in the end i never payed for it, so maybe that's why i'm not so angry about it, but again, EVEN if i had the money, i would've pirated it first and end up not buying it, so it's the same. So yeah, i went from a card that barely moves the game at 40fps with shitty quality(shouldn't be like that, don't get me wrong) to a card that moves the game almost maxed out at 1080p with constat fps (only thing i have not maxed out is the MSAA because i think FXAA looks better)

I expect more quotes hating after saying this, i don't mind that, i respect everyone's opinion as long as no1 insults me for having a different point of view.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

People want better graphics, when their HW can't handle it, they complain, when the graphics are lowered, they complain. GET YOUR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER PEOPLE.

yes but the reason their hardware can't handle it is because it is terribly optimized to the point where almost no pc can manage 30fps on the highest settings. It is not too intesive because of superior graphics but because it is coded poorly.

-Brendan Jackson B)

Ubisoft has resorted to paying people to say nice things about them on forums it seems.

Are you f-.... I th-.... wh-..... Fuck it, I'm out.....

yes but the reason their hardware can't handle it is because it is terribly optimized to the point where almost no pc can manage 30fps on the highest settings. It is not too intesive because of superior graphics but because it is coded poorly.

Game got better, a lot, with patches. Another patch is coming out to keep fixing fps problems.

But all i see is people posting old benchmarks from the release with no fixes, people repeating what they saw 2 weeks ago, people that don't have, and won't even buy the game talking shit about it and they have no idea about the game now, and you know why? Because the game now improved, it's better in a lot of aspects with this patches, but hey, apparently every1 wants and likes to talk about the bad things, but when they are making patches to fix the game, suddenly there are no news about it, and there are few remaining people with bad information, repeating wrong statements, ending up spreading hate with no fucking reason.

So yeah, i agree unity has it's bad things, its launch was terrible, but they are working on it, they gave free stuff to whoever bought the game, at least they are trying to make a difference and improve their games, they added a lot of stuff, they got a better graphics engine and a lot of great new updates and innovative things compared to the other assassins creed.

Adn you know why i am with ubisoft this time? Because then, when the game looks exactly like black flag or older games, people will be "the game it's the same, it's very repetitive, they make nothing to change it" like it happend with far cry 4, people were disappointed because it's really like far cry 3, and they complained about that too.

So yeah, they had issues with the new engine at release, but at least they are trying to improve and they are fixing it with patches almost every week.

People, stop commenting so harshly against Ubisoft. The OP said that if anyone has had this happen on console, to report it. This could easily of been someone lowering the graphics. 

Game got better, a lot, with patches. Another patch is coming out to keep fixing fps problems.

I see you keep repeating this BS, searching Ubi threads and defending Ubi with this nonsense. PROOF OR GTFO.

All reputable sites show bad performance across the board. I showed you PROOF that the game still runs like crap with 1.3 patch. You neglect to mention that tessellation is coming in the next patch, that's going to be another performance hit.

Stop fanboying Ubi already. If and when the game performs better, benchmarks will reflect that, unitl then, you are fighting for a lost cause.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

You know what's the trick?

FXAA+Triple Buffering, here are some screenshots, game i all in ultra, HBAO+, soft shadows, FXAA, no bloom

ACU2014-12-0120-44-15-41_zpse16a007f.png

ACU2014-12-0120-44-24-19_zpsce774a70.png

ACU2014-12-0120-45-52-73_zpse1c84506.png

ACU2014-12-0120-56-29-38_zpsff9b7967.png

Now, thanks to Triple Buffering, i basically don't notice any difference between 60 and 50+ fps, i'm not going to lie, sometimes yo see fps dropping to 45-47~ but it's rare, usually running between large crowds, but again, thanks to triple buffering it's not that noticeable. I am figuring out how to make a vid with shadow play so i can show that.

oh..again i'll have to ring up TB and let him know his PC cant handle AC:U because the hardware is way behind the times....

SLI-ing 980s......what was he thinking...

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

You should update the topic to tell that this is just a TOD bug in that area (which has been there before this patch)

Source:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-unitys-lighting-bug-is-caused-by-different-tod-settings-affects-all-platforms/

Just quoting my own post here in hopes more read it. All posts after clearly shows you haven't read this

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Haven't played AC in so long now hearing all these issues..off putting to say the least hopefully things get fixed in a timely manor.

Just quoting my own post here in hopes more read it. All posts after clearly shows you haven't read this

Good do hear it's just a bug and not intentional, hopefully more people do see this, starting to look like youtubes comment section in here.