Ubisoft AC:U patch attempted to "fix" performance issue by lowering graphical settings

ComradeHX

Ubisoft has resorted to paying people to say nice things about them on forums it seems.

I love how people here think saying something nice about a company that hasn't received the holy blessing of LTT automatically means you're paid off.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

dat tag doe.... digging

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Am i the only one who looked at the photo and thought it looked better

Nope, i think the same, i think it looks more real on the right pictures, lol.

I love how people here think saying something nice about a company that hasn't received the holy blessing of LTT automatically means you're paid off.

I wish i got paid for not agreeing with everyone, lol.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Nope, i think the same, i think it looks more real on the right pictures, lol.

Then you have either been over saturated with poor lighting in games or there is something wrong with your eyes. Colors are grayed and cast shadows are almost non-existent. These result in a duller, less dynamic experience. Any good photographer would easily tell you that the screenshots on the left are more photo realistic.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Well apparently to be a cool kid you need to hate on ubisoft

Not really, but the game runs almost perfect with a 780 and the same cpu i have, i saw it on a friends house, what i mean is that the game has to fix shit with mid-range gpu, high-end need a tweak to reach constant 60fps.

I agree the game at launch was shit, then it got better, almost completely playable.

And no, my system shouldn't, my gpu is almost 3 years old(went out in 2012), it makes sense if it's not enough.

A 780 is like 5x the performance of a console gpu. Five times. Yet the game doesn't run nearly 5x better or even 2x better. What can it be other than poor coding? Consoles are not very powerful. At all.

Also, a 7950 = 280, which is still a high end gpu. And new cpus are basically only single digit improvements over yours anyway.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

A 780 is like 5x the performance of a console gpu. Five times. Yet the game doesn't run nearly 5x better or even 2x better. What can it be other than poor coding? Consoles are not very powerful. At all.

Also, a 7950 = 280, which is still a high end gpu. And new cpus are basically only single digit improvements over yours anyway.

I don't think a 280 is a high end gpu, i think a high end gpu is a 290, a 780, a 970.

I'm not saying the game was poorly coded, but they fixed it a little big, and i guess it'll be completely fixed when this 3rd patch comes out, but we don't know, so we should wait for it to come out to complain, i see pc gamers complaining just in case the 3rd patch will be shit on PC, and i don't see that happening.

Then you have either been over saturated with poor lighting in games or there is something wrong with your eyes. Colors are grayed and cast shadows are almost non-existent. These result in a duller, less dynamic experience. Any good photographer would easily tell you that the screenshots on the left are more photo realistic.

Well i am not a photographer, nor i care about one's opinion. All i know that if i am standing on a closed room, with no windows, and the only light is 2 candles, i won't look like the picture on the left.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

As long as they admit they have done this and then admit they did so because the consoles are too weak or because they have been to bad at optimizing I am fine with this.

else

Keep up the diggin' guys!

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Definitely not a photographer that's for damn sure. It's the 'cinematic' experience to have entirely poor shadows and lighting effects across the board it seems.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I'm a little skeptical of this; I'll wait to see how many people confirm it, but it just seems a little bit odd. If it's true then Ubisoft is going to reach china pretty soon.

Tried the patch and the game is still a stuttering pile of shit, unplayable, it stutters even when you look at the ground or sky.

There's no downgrade, that was just a lighting glitch.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Having graphics downgraded(graphics which YOU paid for) is not bad?

It's like you buying a painting but, later, the author took away a few strokes because it's "too complex" for your brain to understand.

But its not graphics we pay for, otherwise games with better graphics would cost more, besides if you are going to take that stance, every piece of cut content is something you paid for. 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I'm sure you can max out crysis 3 with a 280x: http://www.hardwareluxx.de/images/stories/galleries/reviews/2013/radeon7990/bench/crysis3-4.jpg

Unless maxing out for you means low filters, nearly no antrostopic filtering, and high settings. OR you can max out the game and run it at 35fps.

I've accepted my 7950 is not enough, i don't get why you and many others don't (:

because all af modes are msaa (wich is the most demanding one). I played it 50-60fps on most situations with my 280x+ 4670k at 4.4. I tone down prolly only shadows. Still, even if it was 30fps's maxed out, it would still be better  than unity, wich still proves my point.

Such a shame with the way Ubisoft are conducting themselves in this time of crisis! 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

No, he is right. People were actually complaining that their dual core CPU's could not run the game, even though it did not meet the minimum requirement. People are morons.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

People want better graphics, when their HW can't handle it, they complain, when the graphics are lowered, they complain. GET YOUR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER PEOPLE.

they buy a console to complain, no reason to buy them otherwise 

Looks like Ubisoft pulled out the fucking Bull Dozer. 

No, he is right. People were actually complaining that their dual core CPU's could not run the game, even though it did not meet the minimum requirement. People are morons.

That's not exactly what he said. He said it in general terms. Don't deny AC:U runs like shit on even the most powerful systems. One only needs to look at TB's video to know enough.

If a 5930K (OC) and 980 SLI's can't run a console port, something is wrong.

We should demand better quality, otherwise they will never learn. I think Ubisoft has finally seen they've gone too far, but are doing a terrible job of correcting it.

with just less lightning effects

Do you realize cutting lighting effects because they can't bother fixing their shitty engine is not the way to go about it?

Regarding your previous post, high/min filters/40 fps is not acceptable at 1080p with your gpu and you should know that. The graphical downgrade is also huge between ultra and high, as TB even pointed out iin his video where he shows that his sli 980s can't run at 60fps anything more than high settings.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I've hated Ubisoft for years. It has nothing to do with LTT. As for why I said that, it read like a shill post, and I honestly can't believe a PC gamer would say things like that if they knew even the slightest thing about the situation. There's no reason to be an apologist for this company. They fuck over any platform which can't make them enough money, they constantly insult gamers, they use all of the worst business tactics in the industry... and they get away with it. I simply don't see how anyone could defend this company for this BS.

For the contrary, i know this is ps4, and ubi ont only lowered the graphics, but we can't really tell if the game actually runs better or not with the same graphics, so instead of every1 hating on ubi, just wait for the PC patch, what you say "it will mean PC version isn't getting better performance" it's not confirmed, and just makes no sense, just wait for the pc version, don't assume things.

Just let the console players hate untill the patch is out on pc.

Excuse me, how would you set it to have the "same graphics" when you're on a ps4? There's no settings menu on those, you know?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Am i the only one who looked at the photo and thought it looked better

That's because of the suit, the red one looks like crap lol ^^ but the lighting and texture quality is better in the first screenshot.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's not exactly what he said. He said it in general terms. Don't deny AC:U runs like shit on even the most powerful systems. One only needs to look at TB's video to know enough.

If a 5930K (OC) and 980 SLI's can't run a console port, something is wrong.

We should demand better quality, otherwise they will never learn. I think Ubisoft has finally seen they've gone too far, but are doing a terrible job of correcting it.

I'm playing the game on Ultra+FXAA on my GTX670 with 30-50fps and that fits very well with the visuals and the performance in other games.

It has some problems but the performance is not as bad as people make it out to be.

In comparison I get the same frame rate in The Witcher 2 but somehow that game gets praised for its PC version.

RTX2070OC 

I'm playing the game on Ultra+FXAA on my GTX670 with 30-50fps and that fits very well with the visuals and the performance in other games.

It has some problems but the performance is not as bad as people make it out to be.

In comparison I get the same frame rate in The Witcher 2 but somehow that game gets praised for its PC version.

The game doesn't look impressive enough to demand these performance requirements. Look at this;

http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Assassins_Creed_Unity-test-ac_1920_msaa.jpg

780 SLI to break 60? 

And the frametimes are all over the place;

http://www.hardwarepal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Assassins-Creed-Unity-Frame-times-2560x1440.jpg

Take also into consideration that the witcher 2 was a 10mil. budget game. I don't even want to know what AC:U cost to make. And it still ends up being worse.

But its not graphics we pay for, otherwise games with better graphics would cost more, besides if you are going to take that stance, every piece of cut content is something you paid for.

That's not how it works.

You did pay for graphics...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...